• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isnt anyone talking about this? (Jag-Pats)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this brings us all back to the fact that what you see in the slow mo replay is not what most people are seeing

This sounds simply like "My opinion is right, everyone else is wrong" discussion

I see Jack strip the ball before Lewis hits the ground... Therefore, Jacksonville ball. Isn't that what most people see?

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably wouldn't either if it was my team....You have to see this stuff from a non Patriots fan angle or it won't appeal to you....Understood though, faithful fans are a good thing !!!!
All good. I try to be empathetic.....I still gotta support my team, so I understand.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree once we got to see the replay. But in defense of the ref he may or may not have seen the fumble and was blowing the play dead. Or he thought like many us before seeing the replay Jack was down by contact. Note most players have stopped only Jack and another Jag take off running had he stops 5 yards downfield. So when did the whistle actually blow?

Personally I still believe that it wasn't a fumble. IMO he lost control, pinned it against his leg, hit the ground (ball dead right there) then Jack takes it away. I've watched it over and over. It's on Xfinity on demand and they show it like 5 times.

It was a bang bang play. Could've went either way depending on what was called on the field. Unfortunately, it went against NE, just like the down by contact on Jack went against Jax.

What is possession needs to seriously needs to be looked at by the competition committee this off-season.
Ahem ^^^^^

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
searching for more images and I found this... couldn't stop laughing.

fbab1c7b63ab75600841854f5a3735c3--patriots-game-popular-articles.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you guys continue to reference one and that only one keuchly play over and over

Speaks to how favorable the league has treated the Pats
No, I knew we had to keep it to obvious plays. Funny thing NE fans are probably the least to whine about calls.

How about the Eli in the grasp?

Waiting for spin cycle in 3, 2, ...

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for the Patriots and Refs to destroy the Philly Dream....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Jack strip the ball before Lewis hits the ground... Therefore, Jacksonville ball. Isn't that what most people see?

So youre arguing against what? The Conspiracy theory?

My take on that is simple

I do find it somewhat fishy that the Pats seem to always benefit from what i would call "Momentum Calls"
Recapping the last 2 weeks

the 2 most controversial calls that came out of the Titans game were (for the record Pats win that game no matter what)

- Decker offensive PI on a catch that resulted in a first down on 3rd and 13 with the game tied at 7...Total phantom call by almost everyone's admission

-Pats False start on a punt deep in their own end on 4th and 2 up 14-7.....Overturned 5 minutes later into an offsides, I havent spoken to anyone thats ever seen that call made ever......That call results in the Pats going up 21-7, Game Over

Jags Game

- Jags about the enter the lockeroom with all the momentum up no worse than 14-6, a 40 yard PI call on a Hail Mary ball brutally overthrown and uncatchable

- And the Jack play which very well could have been a Super Bowl changing play

By your own admission, you said there is a penalty on every play, but the Pats managed to get called for one all day, while there has been a lot of video that proves at least 3 or 4 more?

And you can get into the entire nightmare it would be for the NFL to see the Titans advance or the Jags in a Super Bowl

So yeah, i sometimes feel something could be up, this shit happens just too often

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Im a NY Giants fan, the only thing I hate about the Patriots is when they arent on our schedule

Right... You clearly are unbiased here. :rolleyes2:

Lol... The Jack thing again? Dude, everyone and their mother watching the game, probably besides those two players thought Lewis looked down in real-time. I didn't even realize he had even lost the ball, at any point until Jack was up with it. Not to mention, that Lewis very well could have been touching Jack upon him gaining possession anyway. You also have no way of knowing if Jack would have scored... The whistle blew everyone on the field dead.

Not being able to change the outcome of a run, following a fumble recovery on a play that was blown dead. Is not exclusive to the Patriots. This is a regular occurrence in the league.

This is all just conjecture. If I wanted, right now. I could go make a lengthy video of every team in the NFL benefiting from calls, and frame it as them having "the refs conspiring with them".

You and the other tin-foiled hat wearing conspiracy theorists are behaving like children. "How could the greatest coach and QB of all-time win 6 titles in two decades! It's not like this is a league driven by coaching or QB play! There must be some other explanation!"

A hold? Really? Lol... a run play where a hold could have been called. Holy shit, I never see that! Only in Pats games!

You people are beyond help. If those exact same plays happen with another team, the EXACT SAME game script. Nobody would even blink at any of those calls.

Funny how you stopped addressing the Gronk thing when it became apparent that it was a losing battle.

This is pathetic.
Rich don't you know the NFL preaches parity yet conspires to make sure NE wins? It's logical if you live on Dirt Island.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, you love the Pats, no reason to expand that into a War and Peace version of "i Love the Pats"

That entire thing is a summary of the vomit inducing shit we read in this place every day

"The Pats opponent had 100 yards in penalties, and the Pats had 10 because Brady is great......Screw the video evidence that clearly shows the the Refs missing calls could be the reason the Jags didnt go to the SB"

There are a million pieces on the net claiming the Jags got robbed, dont be a defensive sensitive Pats humper that just lazily assumes "Oh they just hate the Pats".....Half the people writing these articles have praised the Pats over and over in the past

I knew from my couch in real time that Jack stripped that ball, so did a lot of people

As far as Gronk, I rested my case, his numbers stacked up with Kelce this season, the Pats dont lose without him, especially in big games.....This "No Question all time the greatest" is absolutely not without question, there is plenty of question surrounding that statement
Can't answer which dumb penalty shouldn't have been called? Come on humor us. Was it the illegal shift? The delay of game? The false start or the unecessary roughness? I'll go one further the Ramsey r*pe of Cooks (not the Bouye DPI). Come up pull up those big boy pants and pick one. Or you arguement of 100 yards has zero credibility.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't answer which dumb penalty shouldn't have been called? Come on humor us. Was it the illegal shift? The delay of game? The false start or the unecessary roughness? I'll go one further the Ramsey r*pe of Cooks (not the Bouye DPI). Come up pull up those big boy pants and pick one. Or you arguement of 100 yards has zero credibility.

Which penalty by the Pats did you enjoy most not being called?

Was it the 2 different muggings of Mercedes Lewis?

Was it the blatant hold on the game ending Dion Lewis run?

Was it the post play Amendola headbut?

To answer your question, the only 2 calls I had a problem with was the PI before the half and the Jack whistle....But these arent your normal calls, these were game changing, SB representative changing calls that should not have happened

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which penalty by the Pats did you enjoy most not being called?

Was it the 2 different muggings of Mercedes Lewis?

Was it the blatant hold on the game ending Dion Lewis run?

Was it the post play Amendola headbut?

To answer your question, the only 2 calls I had a problem with was the PI before the half and the Jack whistle....But these arent your normal calls, these were game changing, SB representative changing calls that should not have happened

what about the ref celebrating a Pats TD?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, blowing the whistle there is about as 'unintentional' as throwing a 50 yard PI call with the Pats down 14-3 before the half, that no one besides the ref crew seem to agree was a good call
This is great. Give it another week this will be a 200 yard PI. It started with a 30+ which it was (not necessarily by you). Then you went to 40. Now it's up to 50. :pound:

Your hyperbole is epic and delicious all at the same time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My take on that is simple

I do find it somewhat fishy that the Pats seem to always benefit from what i would call "Momentum Calls"
Recapping the last 2 weeks

the 2 most controversial calls that came out of the Titans game were (for the record Pats win that game no matter what)

- Decker offensive PI on a catch that resulted in a first down on 3rd and 13 with the game tied at 7...Total phantom call by almost everyone's admission

-Pats False start on a punt deep in their own end on 4th and 2 up 14-7.....Overturned 5 minutes later into an offsides, I havent spoken to anyone thats ever seen that call made ever......That call results in the Pats going up 21-7, Game Over

Jags Game

- Jags about the enter the lockeroom with all the momentum up no worse than 14-6, a 40 yard PI call on a Hail Mary ball brutally overthrown and uncatchable

- And the Jack play which very well could have been a Super Bowl changing play

By your own admission, you said there is a penalty on every play, but the Pats managed to get called for one all day, while there has been a lot of video that proves at least 3 or 4 more?

And you can get into the entire nightmare it would be for the NFL to see the Titans advance or the Jags in a Super Bowl

So yeah, i sometimes feel something could be up, this shit happens just too often

I think you may have confused me with another poster along the way. Because the entire time, I have maintained it was a fumble.

Our first back-and-forth was over you saying Gronk isn't important.

Overall, though... yes, I am saying there's no conspired effort to help the Pats.

Pats False start on a punt deep in their own end on 4th and 2 up 14-7.....Overturned 5 minutes later into an offsides, I havent spoken to anyone thats ever seen that call made ever......That call results in the Pats going up 21-7, Game Over

You've never seen a false start changed to an encroachment or visa/versa?

Also, is there really any question that 41 jumps into the neutral zone? The long-snapper picks his head up (perfectly legal) without snapping the ball. This technique is used specifically to attempt to draw this result. 41 jumps.

I simply do not see evidence of this.

How was it uncatchable? Honestly, I swear to god. On my life, I don't get how that isn't PI. I am really not bull shitting you.

I see a ball in the air, Bouye physically forcing Cooks out of bounds and the ball landing in bounds. Right where Cooks looked to be headed if he isn't forced out.

you said there is a penalty on every play

I never said that...

And the Jack play which very well could have been a Super Bowl changing play

Could have been... but a down by contact call, overturned into a fumble is a weekly occurrence in the NFL. In college too, for that matter.

The illegal hit on Gronk could be as well.

I am not saying that the Pats haven't gotten calls either, BTW. The Benjamin play in December was a TD, pretty clearly to me. However, what happens is that people are looking so hard to find something and point at. They attribute weekly flubs by refs, to some grand conspiracy. Attributing malevolence, when incompetence will work just fine.