• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 13 Recap

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm hungry.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't get the "AFC is weak this year" mindset. There are 9 teams in the AFC over .500 compared to 7 teams in the NFC. Head-to-head records are almost identical, with the AFC with a slight edge over the NFC at 24-22. If anything, I'd say this year the AFC and NFC are as close as they have been in years.

The AFC IS weak this year, unless you want to include the bottom feeders as part of the comparison. The AFC bottom feeders MIGHT kick ass against the NFC bottom feeders.

Looking at the top:

New England, Pittsburgh, Houston, Ravens, Bengals

vs.

Green Bay, New Orleans, Chicago, San Francisco, Detroit

It isn't close. The NFC teams are MUCH stronger at the top end than the AFC.

Additionally, the reason you have more .500 teams in the AFC is for that exact reason: because the AFC is weaker at the top. Hence, it being easier for middle-of-the-pack teams to get wins over stronger opponents.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, we played San Fran Close (when we were healthy), and the Ravens beat San Fran

Chicago is sort of hurting now, although Barber should pick up the load.
Detroit can't keep it together, although the talent is still there.

We're gimpy now, so we may not even belong in the discussion, although we might stumble into the playoffs.

Over all, I agree with you. No one can touch Green Bay, except maybe New Orleans or San Fran. The AFC teams are severely inconsistent, and that is their downfall.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to compare the conferences is look at the head-to-head matches.

Plus, I'm not sold yet on San Fran being stronger than the four 9-3 AFC teams. They have most of their wins from the weak NFC West and weak NFC East.

And if you have to include Chicago and Detroit as top teams in your comparison (both on 2-game skids), then that just weakens your point that much more.

Look at it this way: There are 4 strong teams in the AFC, all at 9-3...5 more in the hunt at 7-5. There are 3 strong teams in the NFC, 4 more in the hunt at 7-5.

Seems pretty even to me.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
The AFC IS weak this year, unless you want to include the bottom feeders as part of the comparison. The AFC bottom feeders MIGHT kick ass against the NFC bottom feeders.

Looking at the top:

New England, Pittsburgh, Houston, Ravens, Bengals

vs.

Green Bay, New Orleans, Chicago, San Francisco, Detroit

It isn't close. The NFC teams are MUCH stronger at the top end than the AFC.

Additionally, the reason you have more .500 teams in the AFC is for that exact reason: because the AFC is weaker at the top. Hence, it being easier for middle-of-the-pack teams to get wins over stronger opponents.

NO, The NFC has Green Bay and Green Bay only and there nothing on D, if Detroit had any kind of O they would have beat them Thanksgiving day.

The AFC is not weak...Why do you say that, caus the big bad Colts arent there..

AFC wins the super bowl this year.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd say our bigs on O aren't up to snuff....that and dalton is a baby in this league...gruden too...I'm optimistic, but we're just not that good yet

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say our bigs on O aren't up to snuff....that and dalton is a baby in this league...gruden too...I'm optimistic, but we're just not that good yet

Yep. It's a work in progress. The recent drafts have been good (possibly just dumb luck...hell, probably just dumb luck). We still sit in a position to control our own destiny and I believe 10 wins is a reasonable goal. A goal that will get us a chance to play in Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the playoffs.