• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isnt anyone talking about this? (Jag-Pats)

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After Jack scores the TD and the Jags go up 27-10, the Pats would have just given up. Just like they gave up in the Super Bowl."

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After Jack scores the TD and the Jags go up 27-10, the Pats would have just given up. Just like they gave up in the Super Bowl."

Best point yet, I agree, Pats could have definitely come back

But doesnt change the fact that 27-10 was the correct call, the correct call was not made

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, saying that referees decide over 50% of professional games is a bitch move. It's setting yourself up so you can deflect blame when something doesn't go your team's way.
Nope, it’s actually just being realistic. You can call me a bitch all you want over the internet. It doesn’t change the fact that I’m right.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it’s actually just being realistic. You can call me a bitch all you want over the internet. It doesn’t change the fact that I’m right.
Okay then I don't know why anyone who actually believed that would watch any sports whatsoever.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game on NFL Network on Monday and specifically paid attention to the Myles Jack thing. He was not down by contact. It was close, but he wasn't.
I agree once we got to see the replay. But in defense of the ref he may or may not have seen the fumble and was blowing the play dead. Or he thought like many us before seeing the replay Jack was down by contact. Note most players have stopped only Jack and another Jag take off running had he stops 5 yards downfield. So when did the whistle actually blow?

Personally I still believe that it wasn't a fumble. IMO he lost control, pinned it against his leg, hit the ground (ball dead right there) then Jack takes it away. I've watched it over and over. It's on Xfinity on demand and they show it like 5 times.

It was a bang bang play. Could've went either way depending on what was called on the field. Unfortunately, it went against NE, just like the down by contact on Jack went against Jax.

What is possession needs to seriously needs to be looked at by the competition committee this off-season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay then I don't know why anyone who actually believed that would watch any sports whatsoever.
Once you realize this harsh reality, it makes sports kind of hard to watch. It’s like a long annoying commercial.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really, imagine if all those calls went against the Patriots.

Patriots fans would be bitching right?

So you are essentially no different than a Patriots fan who didn't get his way. That's why I think it's a bitch move.

Sure, part of being a sports fan, i just laugh at the Pats fans that talk it up as "No Big deal" when in reality they would be going bat shit crazy if roles were reversed

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree once we got to see the replay. But in defense of the ref he may or may not have seen the fumble and was blowing the play dead. Or he thought like many us before seeing the replay Jack was down by contact. Note most players have stopped only Jack and another Jag take off running had he stops 5 yards downfield. So when did the whistle actually blow?

Personally I still believe that it wasn't a fumble. IMO he lost control, pinned it against his leg, hit the ground (ball dead right there) then Jack takes it away. I've watched it over and over. It's on Xfinity on demand and they show it like 5 times.

It was a bang bang play. Could've went either way depending on what was called on the field. Unfortunately, it went against NE, just like the down by contact on Jack went against Jax.

What is possession needs to seriously needs to be looked at by the competition committee this off-season.

We will accept this, its the closest you will ever come to admitting the game should have been 27-10 with roughly 12 minutes to go

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, part of being a sports fan, i just laugh at the Pats fans that talk it up as "No Big deal" when in reality they would be going bat shit crazy if roles were reversed
I prefer to be consistent, and not cry.

Except when Party of Five was canceled. Jennifer Love Hewitt. Mmmm

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys appreciate how much I teach about sports in this place

I know Cereal appreciates all the knowledge ive bestowed on him over the years
You couldn't teach my gold fish anything about football.

If you want to keep harping on the so called "blatant" hold to end the game why did no Jag player even complain one iota? Not one. If it was so blatant everyone on that team would've been screaming. That play sent them on vacation. I just watchec it again and I certainly didn't see a blatant hold.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things.
First of all that isn't what lost the game for the Jags. They played scared on both sides of the ball starting from the kneel down at the end of the first half.
Secondly, even if the score becomes 27-10 I wouldn't even say that definitely ends the game. Likely sure but with that way that game was going Brady could have had time to engineer three drives instead of two.

However that doesn't excuse the error. On a play like that you need to let it play out. Similar to the end of the Titans-Chiefs game when Henry put the ball on the ground and the Chiefs ran it back but was later ruled down correctly. The goal should be to get the call right ultimately. Unfortunate but the Jags can only blame themselves for the outcome

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so I need to be woke. I see.
I never said that. What else are you going to watch? Ice Skating? Just be objective the next few days/weeks when watching sports and ask yourself if a team would’ve won without a specific fucked up call. The funny thing is, I have described this theory to several people at different times in sports bars and almost without fail there is a game on that it relates to that wasn’t the subject of the conversation to begin with. The last time I described it was during the Kentucky Florida basketball game this past week, and sure enough, the referees miss a blatant foul where a player got raked across the head while going for the game tying basket, and it wasn’t called. Florida went on to win by 2 points. It depends largely on the sport. It happens very frequently in basketball, quite frequently in football and hockey, and every now and again in baseball and Soccer.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My fav as a kid, she still is hanging in there as bangable

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never saw that show, but JLH was insanely hot....Now she has a big round booty for pile driving.....Me likey

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't teach my gold fish anything about football.

If you want to keep harping on the so called "blatant" hold to end the game why did no Jag player even complain one iota? Not one. If it was so blatant everyone on that team would've been screaming. That play sent them on vacation. I just watchec it again and I certainly didn't see a blatant hold.

of course you didnt

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, 406 touches to Gronk's 69 touches this year....
Yup 8 Tds for Gronk to 11for Bell. Gronk played in one less game. Just imagine if Gronk had even 120 touches?