• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isnt anyone talking about this? (Jag-Pats)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can keep picking the outliers throughout history, its something we could all do in every sport

The Giants shutting down the best offense ever assembled is why they won the Simms-less SB, Hostetler held his own, but the offensive dropoff was evident

The Eagles will not win a SB, and it will end up being because Wentz is out

Bottom Line, when truly "Important" players dont play in big games for their teams, it greatly diminishes their teams ability to win games

Gronks absence simply has not had that impact, they just may win back to back Super Bowls without him contributing a thing

The Giants shutting down the best offense ever assembled is why they won the Simms-less SB, Hostetler held his own, but the offensive dropoff was evident

The Giants averaged 20.9 PPG in the regular season with Simms starting 14 of 16 games.

The Giants averaged 22 PPG in the post-season with Jeff Hostetler. 20.6 PPG if you include the 2 regular season games he started.

Yardage-wise...

Regular season: 300.3 YPG
Post-Season: 328.3 YPG (Averaged 331.4 YPG in 5 Hostetler starts)

Whenever I fact check your points in this thread, it really winds up coming back to bite you in the ass. This display of sheer intellectual dishonesty is a bit startling, as I have always regarded you as being one of the better posters here.

Bottom Line, when truly "Important" players dont play in big games for their teams, it greatly diminishes their teams ability to win games

Like Wentz in the AFC Title game, right?

Remains to be seen.

you can keep picking the outliers throughout history, its something we could all do in every sport

What? I picked this years Super Bowl team as an example. I've come up with a multitude of examples, just in this thread.

Do you realize the freaking laundry list of champion teams who were missing a key player? This isn't a "hand-picking" thing. These examples are littered throughout history. Especially in football.

You are still dancing... Was Jacksonville likely happy, or indifferent when they realized they no longer had to deal with Gronk? Was he... or was he not lost on an illegal hit?

Is Gronk not important to the Patriots? Brady's yards per attempt take a full yard, and his 1st downs per attempt drop from 0.69 to 0.32 without him on the field. I would be willing to say that hurts an offense.

Having arguably the best QB and HC the game has ever seen allows you to overcome losses like this. However, saying he's not important... Jesus man.

I still don't even know the point you're driving at (if this WAS true) in reply to my original post.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre wrong.....You can see it as a coincidence if you want that only 2 teams in the NFL postseason that have one penalty called on them is the 2011 and 2017 NE Patriots, most people dont

I don't think it's a coincidence that the most disciplined and well coached team in NFL history had two relatively clean games with penalties. God, you're whiney.

Most people do, you're wrong. Not as many as you think are into your little conspiracy theories.

What am I "wrong" about anyway? lol

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lotta fellow Yankee fans that embarrass the hell out of me, I cant be responsible for every douche bag fan

How embarrassed by NWPATSFAN are you?
100% honesty, I don't give a shit about how others act just because they root for the same sports team as me. When players were saying they heard the N-word at Fenway Park, I didn't care. No one represents me except me.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a coincidence that the most disciplined and well coached team in NFL history commits the fewest penalties. God, you're whiney.

What am I "wrong" about anyway? lol

How about the replays that clearly indicate a penalty or incorrect, game changing call, being not called or made?

Are they not called because they are well coached and disciplined?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% honesty, I don't give a shit about how others act just because they root for the same sports team as me. When players were saying they heard the N-word at Fenway Park, I didn't care. No one represents me except me.

I like it!

Fuck off!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the replays that clearly indicate a penalty or incorrect, game changing call, being not called or made?

The only one that I would say is ACTUALLY game changing that was wrong, was ruling Myles Jack down after the fumble. But in real time, it looked like he got the ball as he was on Dion Lewis, and therefore was down. Not until after the replay was I able to see that this wasn't the case.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it!

Fuck off!
Seriously, there are murderers and rapists that root for the same sports team as me. Do I need to apologize for them?

I will apologize for Mark Wahlberg though, that guy sucks.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that I would say is ACTUALLY game changing that was wrong, was ruling Myles Jack down after the fumble. But in real time, it looked like he got the ball as he was on Dion Lewis, and therefore was down. Not until after the replay was I able to see that this wasn't the case.

Sox, the Miles Jack missed call was a 27-10 lead with 12 minutes to go

Thats the equivalent of like 50 normal missed calls

And I think the Dion Lewis game sealing run, a blatant hold on the running end was missed

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, there are murderers and rapists that root for the same sports team as me. Do I need to apologize for them?

I will apologize for Mark Wahlberg though, that guy sucks.

#1 Mark Wahlberg is awesome IMO, love that guy

#2 having a bar outside Yankee Stadium all my life, I guess coming in direct contact with those douche bag Yankee fans presents me with a different experience, but I totally hear ya

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I think the Dion Lewis game sealing run, a blatant call on the running end was missed
I said that was the one that was actually game changing.

But, like I said, in real time I'm sure the ref thought Jack was down. It sure looked like it. So did he blow the call because he got it wrong by blowing his whistle? Yeah, but I don't see how you can think that was on purpose.

And the Dion Lewis run wasn't game-changing. They don't get it, they pin them at the 10 and Blake Bortles has 1:20 to drive 90 yards and get a TD.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants averaged 20.9 PPG in the regular season with Simms starting 14 of 16 games.

The Giants averaged 22 PPG in the post-season with Jeff Hostetler. 20.6 PPG if you include the 2 regular season games he started.

Yardage-wise...

Regular season: 300.3 YPG
Post-Season: 328.3 YPG (Averaged 331.4 YPG in 5 Hostetler starts)

Whenever I fact check your points in this thread, it really winds up coming back to bite you in the ass. This display of sheer intellectual dishonesty is a bit startling, as I have always regarded you as being one of the better posters here.

Like Wentz in the AFC Title game, right?

Remains to be seen.

What? I picked this years Super Bowl team as an example. I've come up with a multitude of examples, just in this thread.

Do you realize the freaking laundry list of champion teams who were missing a key player? This isn't a "hand-picking" thing. These examples are littered throughout history. Especially in football.

You are still dancing... Was Jacksonville likely happy, or indifferent when they realized they no longer had to deal with Gronk? Was he... or was he not lost on an illegal hit?

Is Gronk not important to the Patriots? Brady's yards per attempt take a full yard, and his 1st downs per attempt drop from 0.69 to 0.32 without him on the field. I would be willing to say that hurts an offense.

Having arguably the best QB and HC the game has ever seen allows you to overcome losses like this. However, saying he's not important... Jesus man.

I still don't even know the point you're driving at (if this WAS true) in reply to my original post.
None of this matters on Dirt Island

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I think the Dion Lewis game sealing run, a blatant hold on the running end was missed

You cannot say with certainty he was going to score on that.

What would have helped a lot was a FG to end the 1st half but they were too scared to run plays with 3 time outs.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that was the one that was actually game changing.

But, like I said, in real time I'm sure the ref thought Jack was down. It sure looked like it. So did he blow the call because he got it wrong by blowing his whistle? Yeah, but I don't see how you can think that was on purpose.

And the Dion Lewis run wasn't game-changing. They don't get it, they pin them at the 10 and Blake Bortles has 1:20 to drive 90 yards and get a TD.

Not game changing, but game ending

On a sidenote, the subtle lack of respect shown by BB when it came to Bortles was so funny....I thought BB was much more ok with punting in that second half than he ever was

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, now you're just spitting out speculation and conjecture. I would have to see these plays, and somehow be convinced that there are more blown calls in favor of the Pats. Than there are any other team. Every week I'm screaming at my TV about holding, facemask, PI calls that appear to be incorrect during Bears games... lol. It doesn't mean there's a conspiracy. I see incorrect calls made all of the time.

Isn't it just more likely that you're just looking really hard for something to bitch about? That you've attached yourself to a conclusion, and are now looking for evidence which will confirm your hypothesis? Your senses are peaking with this shit. That's more than likely the only problem.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Mark Wahlberg is awesome IMO, love that guy

#2 having a bar outside Yankee Stadium all my life, I guess coming in direct contact with those douche bag Yankee fans presents me with a different experience, but I totally hear ya
Mark Wahlberg sucks.

Shooter was good, but Wahlberg sucks. Hundreds of heroes in the Boston Marathon bombing and Mark Wahlberg wants to play a fake character so he can look like a badass. Oh, and he left the Super Bowl early and lied about it.

Thanks for Entourage Mark, but you can piss off now