• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do Wisconsin fans think their football team is an elite?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always count on a Nebraska Wisconsin fight

Not even sure why Wisconsin fans have such an affection for trashing Nebraska.

I was at the 2011 beat down in Madison and more than a 1/5th of the Wisconsin fans were pure assholes. Bigger assholes than Missouri, K-State, and Colorado fans that hated us for well over 5 decades.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were your words about being elite in 2011 and 2012.

Throw in 2010. I don't give a fuck. Find somebody.
Anybody. Anybody outside of the Big 10 that thinks Wisconsin was elite from 2010 to 2012.

Anybody outside of the Big 10 want to chime in and say Wisconsin was elite during those years? Anybody?

2011 Wisconsin offense was one of the greatest in college football history? Holy shit the Koolaid in Madison must be thick.

Check again. Your reading comprehension is letting you down.

He said one of the GREATEST OFFENSES OF ALL TIME.

All time.

They weren't even top 5 that year according to the NCAA statistics, and then got outscored in their biggest test of the year in the Rose Bowl. (2011, Wisconsin was #14 in total offense and #6 in scoring, yet they were one the greatest in college football history?)

You do understand that we had a power running game, right? And when you run the ball on 65% of plays, you aren't going to get as many plays off as other teams, right?

Passer rating was created as an all-compassing rating of a passing offense which takes into account the number of passes thrown. Under that statistic, Russell Wilson was the most efficient passer in NCAA history. We also had the fewest turnovers for a #1 offense in NCAA history (five in fourteen games). We led the nation in fewest offensive penalties. We led the nation in third down efficiency. Our running back led the nation in rushing yards. He broke the record for most points in NCAA history for a single season.

We scored 82 touchdowns. We didn't score a TD on 63 drives. That's scoring a TD on 56% of drives. And that's even considering that we were rushing the ball down the middle every play in the second half for most of the games.

You're just wrong. Anybody who thinks that offense with Wilson, Ball, Ewing, Toon, Abbredaris, Pedersen, Konz, Zeitler, Frederick, and Wagner wasn't one of the best offenses ever, especially when considering the numbers. That's like an all-star team.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've recently become relevant since the B1G has been down but yet since 1980 they are a mere 26-12 against a bottom dweller (or so they say) Iowa.

That's pretty interesting. It seems as if Wisconsin might only be "good" when the B1G is bad.

Discuss
Wisconsin was terrible in the 80s. What's our record since Alvarez became coach?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check again. Your reading comprehension is letting you down.

You do understand that we had a power running game, right? And when you run the ball on 65% of plays, you aren't going to get as many plays off as other teams, right?

Passer rating was created as an all-compassing rating of a passing offense which takes into account the number of passes thrown. Under that statistic, Russell Wilson was the most efficient passer in NCAA history. We also had the fewest turnovers for a #1 offense in NCAA history (five in fourteen games). We led the nation in fewest offensive penalties. We led the nation in third down efficiency. Our running back led the nation in rushing yards. He broke the record for most points in NCAA history for a single season.

We scored 82 touchdowns. We didn't score a TD on 63 drives. That's scoring a TD on 56% of drives. And that's even considering that we were rushing the ball down the middle every play in the second half for most of the games.

You're just wrong. Anybody who thinks that offense with Wilson, Ball, Ewing, Toon, Abbredaris, Pedersen, Konz, Zeitler, Frederick, and Wagner wasn't one of the best offenses ever, especially when considering the numbers. That's like an all-star team.

That's nice.

Did you win your bowl game? Did you win a National Championship? Did a better offense outscore you in the Rose Bowl?

Good offense. One of the greatest of all time? Come on. One of the best that year, but All time? Quit with the Koolaid drinking and homerism.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, there is only 1 team in the B1G that should really be considered "elite" when talking about the BCS Era. I would consider Ohio State elite during the BCS era. They rarely lost to teams that were not elite. Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State had no more than a handful of seasons in the top 10. Ohio State was constantly up there and has B1G's only NC and another appearance.

I don't think any B1G fanbases, outside of tOSU's, thought their team was an elite program during an era.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh college football. Where winning a national title in 1930 makes shithole schools elite, and liking your team somehow means that you think you are elite.

Hey. Remember when your best coach won... Uh. Oh. Right. Barry was ours when he produced 3 Rose Bowls and a Heisman winner.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nice.

Did you win your bowl game? Did you win a National Championship? Did a better offense outscore you in the Rose Bowl?

Good offense. One of the greatest of all time? Come on. One of the best that year, but All time? Quit with the Koolaid drinking and homerism.

You are so fucking stupid. Let's look at our losses:

31 points at MSU. They only gave up more points once all year....to Wisconsin. In the rematch. Which we won.

29 points at Ohio State. 3rd most points they gave up all season.

31 points vs. Oregon (subtracting a defensive TD). Most offensive points they gave up all season.

Yeah, those games were completely our offense's fault. :doh:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dominant run game and one of the best quarterbacks in CFB history, only got outscored by the best up tempo offense in the country because of a couple mistakes and freak fumble that somehow managed to stay in bounds....

But we shouldn't classify our offense as one of the best ever? Riiiiiiiight. Because NFL ready offensive lines, 2 elite level runningbacks, and Russel Wilsons have come together on one offense a hundred times at least right? Jesus Christ. The Wisconsin hate has hit a level of derp I never imagined. Keep the derp alive Husker.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dominant run game and one of the best quarterbacks in CFB history, only got outscored by the best up tempo offense in the country because of a couple mistakes and freak fumble that somehow managed to stay in bounds....

But we shouldn't classify our offense as one of the best ever? Riiiiiiiight. Because NFL ready offensive lines, 2 elite level runningbacks, and Russel Wilsons have come together on one offense a hundred times at least right? Jesus Christ. The Wisconsin hate has hit a level of derp I never imagined. Keep the derp alive Husker.

You're right, I'm the derp.

Nobody but Wisconsin fans are claiming I don't know what I'm talking about.

One of the best offenses of all time. Give it a fucking rest already. Even Oregon in 2010 isn't recognized as being one of the best and they outscored your ass.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I'm the derp.

Nobody but Wisconsin fans are claiming I don't know what I'm talking about.

One of the best offenses of all time. Give it a fucking rest already. Even Oregon in 2010 isn't recognized as being one of the best and they outscored your ass.

Wow, so one offense outscoring us the entire season proves we don't have one of the best offenses ever. Is that what you are saying? If so, you just descended to another level of idiocy.

PS: 2011 Oregon was one of the best offenses ever. So was 2011 Oklahoma State.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it doesn't matter that our defense and kick coverage blew turdcicles... Or that Montee and Russell put up retarded numbers. Or that 4 of 5 linemen now start in the NFL.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so one offense outscoring us the entire season proves we don't have one of the best offenses ever. Is that what you are saying? If so, you just descended to another level of idiocy.

PS: 2011 Oregon was one of the best offenses ever. So was 2011 Oklahoma State.

Like I said. Wisconsin fans rolling it out doesn't mean shit.

Calling out the rest of the board. Was Wisconsin's 2011 offense one of the best ever in college football history?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not partial to either one but Kirk Farentz has to be one of the most overrated coaches in the country.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone take the stick out of the Nebraska fans ass.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Wisco. Show these boys YOUR NUTS!

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is if we win this game, you guys might have to listen to us bitch about that debacle in the desert all season long.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with this stupid 2011 offense debate. There was an awful lot of talent on that field, and it was probably the best pro-style offense in the country that season (just to placate the Oregon fans).

As for whether Wisconsin is elite... they need to win a title, but they're definitely a nationally relevant team. As oppose to, say, Iowa.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spoke to my UW grad brother and asked him if they are finally going to stomp those dikheads. He answered like a true Badger: "I just don't think we can possibly find a way to lose yet again."