• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do Wisconsin fans think their football team is an elite?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those Rose Bowls did they win? In fact, what is Michigan's all time record in the Rose Bowl, quite stellar I'd imagine, right?

I won't deny that, but we are comparing Michigan to Wisconsin here. So did Wisconsin win any of those Rose Bowls it recently went to?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't deny that, but we are comparing Michigan to Wisconsin here. So did Wisconsin win any of those Rose Bowls it recently went to?

Oregon and Stanford are perennial top 5 teams. We should have beat TCU but its not like any of those games were blowouts. Plus the only BCS win you guys have in the last decade is a Sugar Bowl win over Virginia Tech....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you assume that current recruits can remember things from their 4th b-day on (this is as far back as my CFB memory goes), Wisconsin is 130-55 with four B1G titles. Michigan is 121-58 with three B1G titles.

You are currently riding a media love recruiting wave, but at some point it will end when people realize your savior coach can barely beat teams that are losing to Buffalo and Towson. You better hope you get a great coach soon, because your football history is going the way of Minnesota's.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UW fan for over 40 years, I don't believe they're elite, but they are competitive week in and week out and are no longer part of the little 8 from the big 2 and little 8. Now, if Michigan fans or Nebraska fans don't like it, that just makes it that much better, so suck it...

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you assume that current recruits can remember things from their 4th b-day on (this is as far back as my CFB memory goes), Wisconsin is 130-55 with four B1G titles. Michigan is 121-58 with three B1G titles.

You are currently riding a media love recruiting wave, but at some point it will end when people realize your savior coach can barely beat teams that are losing to Buffalo and Towson. You better hope you get a great coach soon, because your football history is going the way of Minnesota's.

Your douche-baggery is legendary.

In fact, you are a complete douche 100% of the time.

Tell us all how fucking stupid and douche-like you are in your next post.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Stanford are perennial top 5 teams. We should have beat TCU but its not like any of those games were blowouts. Plus the only BCS win you guys have in the last decade is a Sugar Bowl win over Virginia Tech....

And Michigan lost to USC and Texas in their Rose Bowl appearance, and the Texas one was an absolute classic in which Vince Young needed a last minute drive to a FG to beat Michigan.

Then while not a BCS Bowl, there was the 2008 CapitalOne Bowl where Michigan basically dominated Florida.

The point is that for most intents and purposes the past ten years have been about as good to Michigan as they were for Wisconsin. The difference is those were down years for Michigan but up years for Wisconsin.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UW fan for over 40 years, I don't believe they're elite, but they are competitive week in and week out and are no longer part of the little 8 from the big 2 and little 8. Now, if Michigan fans or Nebraska fans don't like it, that just makes it that much better, so suck it...

Now this I would basically agree with.

Michigan won't dominate the conference like they did in the 70's, but in most regards they are still a step or two ahead of Wisconsin.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YouMad.jpg

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We got that you think using facts to make points is douchey. You've made that impressively clear by your refusal to speak in anything other than conclusory statements. There's no need to be redundant.

(And this post may actually be douchey, but if you didn't get it, I was attempting to imitate a typical post of yours.)

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan won't dominate the conference like they did in the 70's, but in most regards they are still a step or two ahead of Wisconsin.

^ Well we have won 3 out of our last 4 against you guys, so you're not too many steps ahead...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now and for the past 5 years, they are not ahead of Wisconsin, so you can rethink that idea, as it's wrong.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Well we have won 3 out of our last 4 against you guys, so you're not too many steps ahead...

Well they haven't played in the past couple of years, and that lose was against team 129, one of their three. One of the worst teams in Michigan's history.

But more to the point, the hand-picked successor to Wisconsin's winningest coach left for a middle of the road SEC team. When was the last time a coach voluntarily left Michigan?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now and for the past 5 years, they are not ahead of Wisconsin, so you can rethink that idea, as it's wrong.

And I would agree, but remember 3 of the last 5 were the Rich Rod years. So right now the two programs are on different trajectories.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got that you think using facts to make points is douchey. You've made that impressively clear by your refusal to speak in anything other than conclusory statements. There's no need to be redundant.

(And this post may actually be douchey, but if you didn't get it, I was attempting to imitate a typical post of yours.)

That hurts. Almost hurts as much as Wisconsin not being relevant. Ever.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would agree, but remember 3 of the last 5 were the Rich Rod years. So right now the two programs are on different trajectories.

In your mind...ok...

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So those games don't count because you guys made a shitty coaching hire?

And I agree that Michigan should be able to get its shit back together now that it's gotten past the RichRod experiment, but what makes you think Wisconsin is now on a downward trajectory?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I agree that Michigan should be able to get its shit back together now that it's gotten past the RichRod experiment, but what makes you think Wisconsin is now on a downward trajectory?

Hope, as in he hopes....

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense a lot of butthurt in this thread...

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, they count, but I would be hesitant about being proud of only being able to beat a team when it's going through it's worst three year stretch in nearly a century. If it takes Michigan being that bad for a team to brag about beating up on them, what does that say about that team during years Michigan is at least an average team. That's tantamount to poking a sleeping giant.

Did I say Wisconsin is on a downward trajectory? IMHO they've plateaued, and staying the same is a different trajectory than upwards. But you want a reason? How about Coach Bielema leaving.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I love how people talk about Bielema like he's an elite coach now that his fat ass has moved down to Arkansas.

I sense a lot of butthurt in this thread...

What do you expect from a thread created to troll a fanbase?

Last edited by a moderator: