• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do Texas fans smell like cabbage?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and who's stadium is named after a native Okie and former OU AA?

ok then i'll ask you. What's worse, Gaylord Stadium or a stadium named after an OU grad?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok then i'll ask you. What's worse, Gaylord Stadium or a stadium named after an OU grad?

A stadium named after an OU grad that was filled with Gaylords.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely looking forward to the RRR OU vs Texas game this year.

I think both sides think they have a good shot of winning this year.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok, then I'll answer.

when said stadium named after a native Okie and OU AA is located in Texas, at the alleged flagship university of the state of texas, I'd say it's worse for you texas boys....

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, then I'll answer.

when said stadium named after a native Okie and OU AA is located in Texas, at the alleged flagship university of the state of texas, I'd say it's worse for you texas boys....

So Gaylord >an OU grad

Now be honest, you're mad your stadium had to sell their naming rights, and you're mad Gaylord was the one that bought them. Wilkinson Stadium would be much better, if your school hadn't sold out.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Gaylord >an OU grad

Now be honest, you're mad your stadium had to sell their naming rights, and you're mad Gaylord was the one that bought them. Wilkinson Stadium would be much better, if your school hadn't sold out.

I know you're about as sharp as a marble, but in this case, I'll give you a break....

The OU Board of Regents honored the Gaylord family by renaming Oklahoma Memorial Stadium the Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium at its meeting Wednesday at the OU Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City.

The new name will appear when the clock tower on the north side of the stadium is completed. OU President David L. Boren said the change was a way to honor Edward L. Gaylord and his family for the more than $50 million they have donated to OU.

Before the name change could be presented, however, the Gaylord family made some requests about the stadium. They did not want to have any commercial enterprises be a part of the name, such as Gaylord Entertainment Stadium. The name Owen Field, the playing field, could not be altered, nor could Oklahoma Memorial Stadium be removed from the new name.

The last request the Gaylord family made was to use part of their $12 million donation to build a monument to all OU students, faculty and staff who have died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Boren said the donations the Gaylord family has made have gone almost unnoticed, as the family made many of the donations anonymously. He said the family stepped in when the city of Norman would not agree to a tax, like Stillwater did for OSU's Lewis Field.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're about as sharp as a marble, but in this case, I'll give you a break....

The OU Board of Regents honored the Gaylord family by renaming Oklahoma Memorial Stadium the Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium at its meeting Wednesday at the OU Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City.

The new name will appear when the clock tower on the north side of the stadium is completed. OU President David L. Boren said the change was a way to honor Edward L. Gaylord and his family for the more than $50 million they have donated to OU.

Before the name change could be presented, however, the Gaylord family made some requests about the stadium. They did not want to have any commercial enterprises be a part of the name, such as Gaylord Entertainment Stadium. The name Owen Field, the playing field, could not be altered, nor could Oklahoma Memorial Stadium be removed from the new name.

The last request the Gaylord family made was to use part of their $12 million donation to build a monument to all OU students, faculty and staff who have died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Boren said the donations the Gaylord family has made have gone almost unnoticed, as the family made many of the donations anonymously. He said the family stepped in when the city of Norman would not agree to a tax, like Stillwater did for OSU's Lewis Field.

ha ha, our hotel is called Gaylord hotel, but please don't see this as a big commercial for our hotel. But, here is a big check, now put our name on the stadium. I can't stand on my high horse too much, the new end zone is Red Mccombs end zone. But thankfully we don't play at Dell Stadium.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you confirmed what Johnny D said. OU sold out for money rather than name their stadium after their greatest head coach. Gotcha.....

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since a good ol' trash talk with Northern Mexico.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget "Who's layin' the wood" this season...

Well we sure as hell know it's not Bama. If anything they will just focus on changing the rules again. So the 10 second attempt didn't work out so well. What's next!?!?! No jukes or stiff arms allowed, someone may break an ankle or an arm. We have player safety to think about!

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18j5t3v0kwvjgjpg.jpg