• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans defend their teams so much?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks were my adopted team when the Colts left town. Steve Largent is still my all-time favorite player.
I grew up on those Zorn to Largent games to be sure. The Kingdome was an eyesore and the team played a lot of bad ball, but nothing like an NFL game day. Back then you could decide on the spur of the moment to go to a game and easily get tickets and just go. Not anymore lol.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up on those Zorn to Largent games to be sure. The Kingdome was an eyesore and the team played a lot of bad ball, but nothing like an NFL game day. Back then you could decide on the spur of the moment to go to a game and easily get tickets and just go. Not anymore lol.
lol

id just show up at the foxboro mud lot and buy tickets from scalpers...oh, wait...we had none of those. i just went to the ticket window at our glorified highschool stadium.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you remember who kelly stouffer is without google, youre a true seahawk fan.

or if you know the was a curt warner with a C not a K.

Oh yeah, I remember Kelly Stouffer.... He had a couple ok pre-seasons and then couldn't do a dam thing in the regular season... I think his best highlight is when he fell down dropping back, got back up without being touched and threw a touchdown pass... lol ... But that was about the only good highlight... The guy just didn't have it...

Here is the video I was surprised youtube actually had it .... This is seriously his only good highlight, I think we lost every game he started....

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I remember Kelly Stouffer.... He had a couple ok pre-seasons and then couldn't do a dam thing in the regular season... I think his best highlight is when he fell down dropping back, got back up without being touched and threw a touchdown pass... lol ... But that was about the only good highlight... The guy just didn't have it...

Here is the video I was surprised youtube actually had it .... This is seriously his only good highlight, I think we lost every game he started....

and you guys traded with AZ for him after he pouted about his rookie deal.

that deal gets overlooked in history for how bad it was for seattle.

AZ got a 1st and 5th rounder in 89 for him.

AZ got eric hill (10th overall) who had a solid career til he was 33 at LBer.

5th they got jay taylor, a guy who started one full year and played nickel the rest of his 5 year career.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody say small penis size yet?

I'm gonna go with "small penis size."

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you guys traded with AZ for him after he pouted about his rookie deal.

that deal gets overlooked in history for how bad it was for seattle.

AZ got a 1st and 5th rounder in 89 for him.

AZ got eric hill (10th overall) who had a solid career til he was 33 at LBer.

5th they got jay taylor, a guy who started one full year and played nickel the rest of his 5 year career.

OMG... This was one of many HORRIBLE decisions under Ken Behring .... He took what was a decent franchise in the 80's and destroyed them... It was Behring that made the 90's so painful for the Seahawks... He then tried to move them outta town... One of the worst owners ever....

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG... This was one of many HORRIBLE decisions under Ken Behring .... He took what was a decent franchise in the 80's and destroyed them... It was Behring that made the 90's so painful for the Seahawks... He then tried to move them outta town... One of the worst owners ever....
and we nearly had the st louis or hartford patriots...

kinship...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS hu, i was a whalers and nordiques fan as well as bruins.

hard not to love the whalers...the garden south we called it. quick shot down 84.

my first ever hockey game was the springfield indians with my grandfather.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we should know about bad owners. Dumb fuck Shultz and his selling out the Sonics and really trying to make us believe he didn't know the out of state owner was really going to take the team with him. Nintendo owners of the M's that have ran that program right back into the dirt. Just seems to be a thing up here to get shitty owners of everything.

Thank god for Paul Allen. So rare to find a great one in this neck of the woods.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS hu, i was a whalers and nordiques fan as well as bruins.

hard not to love the whalers...the garden south we called it. quick shot down 84.

my first ever hockey game was the springfield indians with my grandfather.

Was in Central Park with my son last weekend and we saw a kid wearing a Nords hat. I tried to talk to him but he ran away screaming. I am always on the lookout for authentic Nordiques merch, so I guess he saw the gleam in my eye and mistook me for some type of thug/perv. I was only going to offer to buy him an ice cream in exchange for the hat...what could go wrong?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in Central Park with my son last weekend and we saw a kid wearing a Nords hat. I tried to talk to him but he ran away screaming. I am always on the lookout for authentic Nordiques merch, so I guess he saw the gleam in my eye and mistook me for some type of thug/perv. I was only going to offer to buy him an ice cream in exchange for the hat...what could go wrong?
LOL

i had a ron tugnutt jersey. another great sports name! he was in the single best goaltending duel i have ever seen.

saved 70 of 73.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always shocked how people can blindly support the likes of Michael Brown, Eric Gardner, and Freddie Gray when all of the evidence is there against them and they still support and protest on their behalf!

But know all of the Brady cheerleaders are doing the same thing they know their hero is guilty but they will blindly support him!

Funny thing is how there is no evidence against the Pats but the owner gives up! If he isn't guilty and the Pats are innocent then why not fight?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always shocked how people can blindly support the likes of Michael Brown, Eric Gardner, and Freddie Gray when all of the evidence is there against them and they still support and protest on their behalf!

But know all of the Brady cheerleaders are doing the same thing they know their hero is guilty but they will blindly support him!

Funny thing is how there is no evidence against the Pats but the owner gives up! If he isn't guilty and the Pats are innocent then why not fight?
holy shit.

you can log off now.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looked at the price of suing the league and the liklihood of winning and realized it would be a bad decision.

Guilt had little to do with it.

Rant on.

Last edited:

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why it bothers someone to hear negative comments about a team they support.

Personally, I could care less as those comments will not waiver my support and you just end up debating opinions which gets you nowhere.

To each his own I guess.

What you meant to say is "I couldn't care less". Stupid uneducated Packer Fans!