• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans defend their teams so much?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was a huge jim zorn fan as a kid. him and neil lomax.

Lomax is extremely underrated, IMO. I've been working on a G.O.A.T. based on stats, and I would bet he come in much higher than most people would rank him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

my first patriots game on my own (16th bday, drove myself in my 86 cavalier)

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots - October 27th, 1991 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

im on the opposite endzone...hugh millen rushes for a QB sneak TD, place erupts...til we see he was stopped at the 2.

horribly boring game

9-6 final lol...but i did see elway play in person.
I saw Elway many times in person (28 year STH).
He kicked our collective asses often. Very often.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lomax is extremely underrated, IMO. I've been working on a G.O.A.T. based on stats, and I would bet he come in much higher than most people would rank him.
dude could play. if it werent for his hip he could have been a HOF guy.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to go there. My QB got a 6-game suspension for getting a BJ from a voluntarily drunken coed in a restroom during the off-season. (2-game reduction later, for admitting that he screwed up, and completing counseling).

Meanwhile, Plays-in-a-Dress compromises the integrity of an actual game...a conference championship...and, though apparently uncooperative and unrepentant, he gets only four games off. Glass houses, en sech.

I suspect that history will be kinder to Ben, than to your pampered prima donna.

Amen!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Misko, but no need for me to relive that BS. Counseling costs too much these days.
to be honest I was just looking to see If it was on the internets and low and behold eureka there it was .. I was a young gi stationed in spain when that game was played

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching the video - Dave Brown. Another guy I like who just doesn't seem to be remembered. Seattle had a good secondary in the '80s with Brown, Simpson, Harris and Easley.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rather silly.

Not just the ridiculous display we've seen from Pats fans for the last decade with the defense of their rampant, immoral, low down dirty cheating. But with fans across the board. It's like a roster is made up of nothing but their little brothers at times.

I'm a life-long fan of a franchise that pelted Santa Claus with snowballs and yet we're not even half as bad as Pats fans have been over the last few weeks. It's bad for football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a life-long fan of a franchise that pelted Santa Claus with snowballs and yet we're not even half as bad as Pats fans have been over the last few weeks. It's bad for football.
I agree.

As classless and barbaric as Philly fans are, BeanTown's antics hurt the entire sport. And America in general.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys cheered for a hit on a nearly paralyzed michael irvin. i saw it live.

also, didnt you guys throw batteries at someone? was it drew?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure but I think they do...
then that would be new as well
Opinions will vary greatly

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys cheered for a hit on a nearly paralyzed michael irvin. i saw it live.

also, didnt you guys throw batteries at someone? was it drew?

You guys cheered for a murderer's release. I saw it live.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys cheered for a murderer's release. I saw it live.
can you just answer my question like a man or are you going to rub your vagina all day?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's bad for football"

the head slap was bad for football. Fans are seldom if at all bad for the game of football

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's bad for football"

the head slap was bad for football. Fans are seldom if at all bad for the game of football
no, listen to the young lady from philly.

lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all stand up for our teams. Players that fuck up? Not so much. But our teams are our teams.

Seahawks have had a history more rich in futility than their recent streak and yet most of us up here have been fans since day 1.

Talk about futility, our baseball team has never reached the world series and currently has a shitty ownership group that doesn't lead most of us to believe they can ever reach there and yet we are fans. My college football team that I still have season tickets to had the only 0-12 season in conference history and yet I wouldn't have dreamed of jumping off the wagon.

I do have no problems throwing players under the bus though. If it was Wilson in the same boat I'm sure I'd be asking the same questions as Pats fans, but would not hesitate to say if he is guilty he deserves his punishment and really owes the fans the truth and an apology for doing this to our team.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all stand up for our teams. Players that fuck up? Not so much. But our teams are our teams.

Seahawks have had a history more rich in futility than their recent streak and yet most of us up here have been fans since day 1.

Talk about futility, our baseball team has never reached the world series and currently has a shitty ownership group that doesn't lead most of us to believe they can ever reach there and yet we are fans. My college football team that I still have season tickets to had the only 0-12 season in conference history and yet I wouldn't have dreamed of jumping off the wagon.

I do have no problems throwing players under the bus though. If it was Wilson in the same boat I'm sure I'd be asking the same questions as Pats fans, but would not hesitate to say if he is guilty he deserves his punishment and really owes the fans the truth and an apology for doing this to our team.
ive never once said brady isnt "guilty"...its the window licking lynch mob that claims what he did is far worse than other QB's before him, or even his contemporaries.

at the end of the day, its 1 psi of air in a football so he can grip it the way he likes.

all the rest is speculative BS about "ball catching science" and "fumble metrics" by amateur statisticians and armchair bill nyes.

and for the record, not one person has ever replied to me about jerry rice using stickum to become the greatest WR in world history...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks were my adopted team when the Colts left town. Steve Largent is still my all-time favorite player.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive never once said brady isnt "guilty"...its the window licking lynch mob that claims what he did is far worse than other QB's before him, or even his contemporaries.

at the end of the day, its 1 psi of air in a football so he can grip it the way he likes.

all the rest is speculative BS about "ball catching science" and "fumble metrics" by amateur statisticians and armchair bill nyes.
I didn't single you out either. There have been plenty of very active pats posters who are totally professing his innocence at all costs. I really don't need to name them as they haven't been shy about those opinions.

As for the crime itself, I would have been far more disappointed in Wilson had this been on us because of the lying over it vs the actual deflating of the ball, but I'm sure we would have been disappointed in both. Wilson has this christian goody goody thing going on that would make even minor cheating look far worse.

I can't tell your fans how to feel, nor have I tried to. I keep it all pretty much in perspective. Hell, I think you and I have been pretty close on predictions thus far and I said the team penalties were kind of bullshit. Not sure how much more real I can keep it.