• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans defend their teams so much?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fined nearly 2 million over 2 "gotchas" by the NFL for grossly circumventing the salary cap rules to pay elway and terrell davis.

they dont win back to back titles without grossly cheating the cap...thus the heavy fines and draft pick losses.

no one ever mentions that tho...whats worse? 1 psi out of a football or being able to pay your 2 stars illegally in order to win those titles?
Start a thread. I'll chime in.
The difference is the patriots were involved in a cheating scandal 10 years ago and now they are involved in another one today..... With the same circus running the show nonetheless. The hot NFL topics are current topics not things that happened 20 years ago. You have exhausted every avenue to try and take peoples attention off the Patriots. Your countless threads and redirection tactics are admirable, but pointless.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is the patriots were involved in a cheating scandal 10 years ago and now they are involved in another one today..... With the same circus running the show nonetheless. The hot NFL topics are current topics not things that happened 20 years ago. You have exhausted every avenue to try and take peoples attention off the Patriots. Your countless threads and redirection tactics are admirable, but pointless.
'the difference is'...and...you lost me...

the broncos were popped twice in 4 years. pats twice in 10.

the difference is...(now you may continue)

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'the difference is'...and...you lost me...

the broncos were popped twice in 4 years. pats twice in 10.

the difference is...(now you may continue)
Did you read my whole post? The difference is when it happened.

I think you may have pulled one too many tubes this morning and you short term memory has abandoned you.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my whole post? The difference is when it happened.

I think you may have pulled one too many tubes this morning and you short term memory has abandoned you.

so twice in 4 years is fine for cheating, but twice in 10 years isnt?

thats what i gathered when i stopped reading.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao you just couldn't wait to get you shot in at the Broncos huh? What'd you make it 3 posts in? What a pathetic bunch some of you Patriots fans are.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers sucks when are you gonna get a real QB? Maybe Favre unretires?

baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you remember who kelly stouffer is without google, youre a true seahawk fan.

or if you know the was a curt warner with a C not a K.

1) Luckily, Dan McGwire only started 5 games.

2) Stouffer, awe the memories, though Stan Gelbaugh be the man!

3) Warner, ran for 1000 yards every year except for injury shortened (1984) or strike shortened (1987) until his final season. Dude was just ridiculous, add John L. Williams in '86 and that was just potent. 2700 total yard between them in '88. Both are still some of my favorite Seahawks (Largent still reigns supreme).

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Luckily, Dan McGwire only started 5 games.

2) Stouffer, awe the memories, though Stan Gelbaugh be the man!

3) Warner, ran for 1000 yards every year except for injury shortened (1984) or strike shortened (1987) until his final season. Dude was just ridiculous, add John L. Williams in '86 and that was just potent. 2700 total yard between them in '88. Both are still some of my favorite Seahawks (Largent still reigns supreme).
john L williams was a monster. brian blades IMO, overrated.

cortez kennedy was a stud.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you gathered this.......
so twice in 4 years is fine for cheating, but twice in 10 years isnt?

thats what i gathered when i stopped reading.

After reading this.....

your issues go way beyond delusion.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Secret Public PM]
Yo Rock,

I'm not sure what your personal feelings are towards Carson Palmer. And it doesn't really matter. But if you want, try that angle out. I've had success with it in the past. Injuries, playoffs, and quitting are all areas worth exploring.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you gathered this.......

After reading this.....

your issues go way beyond delusion.
thats what i gathered. its ok the broncos did it 20 years ago (twice in 4 years) but its NOT ok the patirots did it twice in 10 years...because its more recent?

that makes a ton if sense, my bad.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 years ago? What "cheating" scandal were the Patriots involved in, in 2005?

If you're referring to "Spygate", that was 2007. The Patriots didn't cheat, they openly were filming the Jets defensive signals. What they did wrong, was openly film them from the sideline, which was against Roger Goofball's directive. All of the other teams were filming from the stands or boxes. I don't consider that cheating, I consider that "stupid". That was Belichick trying to stretch a mandate and test a new commissioner. He lost.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right.

Next up... Jerry Rice...

Glass house, glass houses..
no no no. he didnt slather his hands and gloves in stickum for 20 years to become the greatest WR ever.

nope.

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think you're being clever. Your only entertaining yourself. Carry on Rock Strongo :thumb: you are a true piece of work.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years ago? What "cheating" scandal were the Patriots involved in, in 2005?

If you're referring to "Spygate", that was 2007. The Patriots didn't cheat, they openly were filming the Jets defensive signals. What they did wrong, was openly film them from the sideline, which was against Roger Goofball's directive. All of the other teams were filming from the stands or boxes. I don't consider that cheating, I consider that "stupid". That was Belichick trying to stretch a mandate and test a new commissioner. He lost.
Really? :L. just :L.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ben? A troubled soul or date rapist? :)

You don't want to go there. My QB got a 6-game suspension for getting a BJ from a voluntarily drunken coed in a restroom during the off-season. (2-game reduction later, for admitting that he screwed up, and completing counseling).

Meanwhile, Plays-in-a-Dress compromises the integrity of an actual game...a conference championship...and, though apparently uncooperative and unrepentant, he gets only four games off. Glass houses, en sech.

I suspect that history will be kinder to Ben, than to your pampered prima donna.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think you're being clever. Your only entertaining yourself. Carry on Rock Strongo :thumb: you are a true piece of work.
did i just win the internet?