• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two recruiting classes in, we’ve reached our ceiling?:lol: Sounds good.

I guess the truth really upset you. I know it sucks to hear, but MSU is, what it is. As the media dubbed their CFP game against Bama — the battle of the 3 stars vs. the 5 stars. You saw how that ended.

I think Dantonio is a great coach, but MSU will never win a NC in today’s CFB unless they start bringing in better recruiting classes. When you are a basketball school who is 2nd fiddle in your own state, that isn’t going to happen. You know it and I know it.

What is Michigan's excuse then?

Michigan St > Michigan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what we are, never denied that we will need something crazy and special to happen to win a title. But rather that than needing some crazy things to happen so I don’t choke away top 5 recruiting classes and maybe being able to compete for a division title.

Yes, if only UM could someday compete for a division title.:lol: And you wonder why MSU will always be little brother.

It is just a matter of time before UM starts hammering MSU on a yearly basis and MSU fans know this too.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 49er team who hadn’t had a winning season in a decade? That one? :lol:

Or maybe it was the one with 14 Pro Bowlers on the roster...let me guess...Jimmy Jam coached them all up to make them Pro Bowlers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Michigan's excuse then?

Michigan St > Michigan.

Over UM’s down period? I agree. UM has been terrible for almost a decade. MSU has won 8 of the last 10 against UM. But MSU fans know that will come to an end — even with winning 8 of 10, the teams are 9-9 since the turn of the century.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it was the one with 14 Pro Bowlers on the roster...let me guess...Jimmy Jam coached them all up to make them Pro Bowlers.

I realize in Bama they don’t have a NFL team, so you are forgiven for being ignorant on the topic. The teams who win in the NFL are the teams who end up with the most players voted into the pro bowl.

That being said — the 2008 Cowboys has the most pro bowlers in a season. It was 13. So keep trying. I give you props for not giving up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over UM’s down period? I agree. UM has been terrible for almost a decade. MSU has won 8 of the last 10 against UM. But MSU fans know that will come to an end — even with winning 8 of 10, the teams are 9-9 since the turn of the century.

Since 2010, Michigan St has finished higher than Michigan only 1 time in recruiting ranks. It was in 2015...Michigan St finished 23rd while Michigan finished 37th. Maybe even longer, I quit looking at 2010.

It was also the best class Michigan St has had I believe in that time, while Michigan had multiple top5 classes and even more top10 classes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the ones that kept getting high draft picks for multiple years that Harbaugh inherited.

But that's the NFL working as intended right? Suck for a bunch of years and get free talent.

But wait — I thought you said the 49ers didn’t suck? Can you make up your mind? Did they suck or did he inherit a juggernaut?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait — I thought you said the 49ers didn’t suck? Can you make up your mind? Did they suck or did he inherit a juggernaut?

I said Harbaugh won with the team Singletary built.

Which is common knowledge in the bay area, but whatever.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2010, Michigan St has finished higher than Michigan only 1 time in recruiting ranks. It was in 2015...Michigan St finished 23rd while Michigan finished 37th. Maybe even longer, I quit looking at 2010.

It was also the best class Michigan St has had I believe in that time, while Michigan had multiple top5 classes and even more top10 classes.

And? Michigan was terrible with DickRod. They were progressively worse by the year with Hoke. In 3 years with Harbaugh — the 1st game where MSU had Connor Cook and even UM fans thought we’d get manhandled — we lost in a fumbled punt snap returned for a TD with no time on the clock (think kick 6 with Auburn). 2nd game we manhandled them. This year — even MSU fans thought UM would win convincingly, but 40 mph winds and a monsoon turned it into who can not turn the ball over. UM turned it over 5 times, MSU 0 — MSU won 14-10

I’m not worried about MSU — we will go back to beating them on a yearly basis. It is OSU I’m worried about. They are the team UM has to catch up with.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Harbaugh won with the team Singletary built.

Which is common knowledge in the bay area, but whatever.
:pound: In his 2 years as head coach? :pound:

Was Singletary the GM as well as HC? You REALLY don’t understand how the NFL works do you?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Michigan was terrible with DickRod. They were progressively worse by the year with Hoke. In 3 years with Harbaugh — the 1st game where MSU had Connor Cook and even UM fans thought we’d get manhandled — we lost in a fumbled punt snap returned for a TD with no time on the clock (think kick 6 with Auburn). 2nd game we manhandled them. This year — even MSU fans thought UM would win convincingly, but 40 mph winds and a monsoon turned it into who can not turn the ball over. UM turned it over 5 times, MSU 0 — MSU won 14-10

I’m not worried about MSU — we will go back to beating them on a yearly basis. It is OSU I’m worried about. They are the team UM has to catch up with.

Rich rod is the reason you had all those people go to the NFL. He recruited them. Harbaugh was handed a team, pulled off 2 10 win seasons.

It's the 3rd year that coaches are supposed to show what they do, they get their recruits and have time to coach players up - and Michigan declines.

If he was in the SEC, he would have been fired this year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: In his 2 years as head coach? :pound:

Was Singletary the GM as well as HC? You REALLY don’t understand how the NFL works do you?

He was a HC for almost 3 years as they fired the previous coach early in the season. He had also been with the 49'rs for years prior, which is why he was an interim coach. Thus the reason he wasn't given a full 3rd year like most coaches would be.

And sure you can put it on the GM if you want, but it's funny how you don't do that for Saban. :think:

Either way - the more Harbaugh get's his guys, the more he sucks.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize in Bama they don’t have a NFL team, so you are forgiven for being ignorant on the topic. The teams who win in the NFL are the teams who end up with the most players voted into the pro bowl.

That being said — the 2008 Cowboys has the most pro bowlers in a season. It was 13. So keep trying. I give you props for not giving up.

I would argue that Michigan doesn't have an NFL team either...otherwise you'd know that 2014 Pro Bowl team had 8 49ers with an additional 6 49ers listed as alternates...of which only Eric Reid played in the game....about the same level of participation Harbaugh enjoyed during the 2014 season...in which he took that star studded roster to an amazing 8-8 record.

Maybe the Lions will be interested after next year's 8-4 campaign...They seem quite content at the 8 win level, with an occasional 10 win run.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich rod is the reason you had all those people go to the NFL. He recruited them. Harbaugh was handed a team, pulled off 2 10 win seasons.

It's the 3rd year that coaches are supposed to show what they do, they get their recruits and have time to coach players up - and Michigan declines.

If he was in the SEC, he would have been fired this year.

Really? Now the guy fired 5 years before Harbaugh got to UM is responsible for recruits:pound:

And FYI — I agree with the 3rd year remark, but usually that means they’ve had 3 recruiting classes. Harbaugh has only had two recruiting classes.

And while I realize you’d like to talk up the SEC — but you seem to forget, Saban after year 3 in the B1G was .500, after year 4 was .500 and finally won more than 7 games and a SEC team paid him a million dollars a year to coach there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Now the guy fired 5 years before Harbaugh got to UM is responsible for recruits:pound:

And FYI — I agree with the 3rd year remark, but usually that means they’ve had 3 recruiting classes. Harbaugh has only had two recruiting classes.

And while I realize you’d like to talk up the SEC — but you seem to forget, Saban after year 3 in the B1G was .500, after year 4 was .500 and finally won more than 7 games and a SEC team paid him a million dollars a year to coach there.

So in your opinion Michigan St and Michigan are equal programs.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that Michigan doesn't have an NFL team either...otherwise you'd know that 2014 Pro Bowl team had 8 49ers with an additional 6 49ers listed as alternates...of which only Eric Reid played in the game....about the same level of participation Harbaugh enjoyed during the 2014 season...in which he took that star studded roster to an amazing 8-8 record.

Maybe the Lions will be interested after next year's 8-4 campaign...They seem quite content at the 8 win level, with an occasional 10 win run.

It is priceless watching you and 420 grasping at straws for ANYTHING. It is even more entertaining watching you try to talk intelligently about the NFL. :lol:

Stick to repeating whatever Saban tells you is the truth, you won’t sound as foolish.
Z

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a HC for almost 3 years as they fired the previous coach early in the season. He had also been with the 49'rs for years prior, which is why he was an interim coach. Thus the reason he wasn't given a full 3rd year like most coaches would be.

And sure you can put it on the GM if you want, but it's funny how you don't do that for Saban. :think:

Either way - the more Harbaugh get's his guys, the more he sucks.

OOOH — he built the 49ers as a LB coach, then as an interim coach for half a season, then as HC for 2 years. I now COMPLETELY understand. What I understand is, you are absolutely clueless how the NFL works, as is your sidekick, talking about PB alternates (the guys lined up 10-15 deep at every position so they can fill out the roster when guys who actually made it turn it down, because it is a joke)

FYI — Stafford made it as a QB as the 6th or 7th alternate in the NFC one year. So only 7 or 8 guys turned it down and there is only 16 QB’s total in the NFC.:pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equal opportunity you stupid liberal.
So are you saying Saban is lying when he repeatedly talks about wanting a level playing field? Or are you saying Saban didn’t have equal opportunity at MSU?

OR are you saying EXACTLY what I have said all along — what makes Saban great is the SEC recruiting footprint.

I’m glad you FINALLY agree with me:suds: