• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has never appeared in a Big Ten Championship game.

Michigan has been terrible for the better part of a decade and hasn’t beaten OSU but once in 10 years. You don’t beat OSU, you aren’t going to any type of championship game.

No offense to teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, etc. in the B1G. In today’s CFB, they will never win a NC, because they don’t get the type of recruits needed to compete with the top schools.

It is just the way CFB is today. You could pick 10 teams in CFB and most likely, one of those 10 will be the NC over the next 20 years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting someone like Solomon last year is something UM has never been able to do. Talking a kid brought up on SEC football to head north, where let’s see, today it was -5 when I got in my car. YES, it is a big deal. And YES, Solomon, himself, said the satellite camp where he got to see the coaches and interact with them was a big reason why UM got him onto campus in the first place.

And I didn’t say UM struggles recruiting — I said UM doesn’t get high end home grown talent many top schools like OSU, Bama, etc get.

If you look at the schools consistently in the top 5 or top 10 recruiting — You will find it filled with schools with a ton of home grown talent.

Well, there will be a player from Michigan in the playoffs this year.

But he'll be playing for Georgia.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we've established that Michigan State has produced 3 better coaches than Jimmy Jam...anything else you'd like to add to the discussion.
Three? We’ve already established — Harbaugh did more in year 1 than Saban did in 5 years in the B1G.

I do give Saban props though — only took him 5 years to win more than 7 games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three? We’ve already established — Harbaugh did more in year 1 than Saban did in 5 years in the B1G.

I do not recall Harbaugh ever beating Ohio St.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Saban left for two reasons. Tom Izzo was a bigger name than him and he couldn’t get over the fact that football was second fiddle to basketball at that time at Michigan State. And the other reason is Michigan State was unwilling to make him a top 5 paid coach for having one good season.

You can say whatever you’d like. He left because he was 2nd fiddle in his own State for Football, and it is a big reason why I said, he’d never have the success Dantonio has had at MSU, had he stayed.

It is also why I’ve said Saban is a great coach in the SEC. because his greatest attribute is his recruiting. It is why he is a great coach in the South. It is why he was a solid coach, but nothing special in the Midwest. It is why he left the NFL, because he realized a level playing field is the LAST thing he wanted.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many championships has Jimmy Jam won...or in your case, since you place value there, division championships. Nobody gives a fuck who finished 4th or 3rd in a division. Saban also never played 13 games at MSU, but keep pretending 10 wins is some sort of yardstick of accomplishment that we all aspire to.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many championships has Jimmy Jam won...or in your case, since you place value there, division championships. Nobody gives a fuck who finished 4th or 3rd in a division. Saban also never played 13 games at MSU, but keep pretending 10 wins is some sort of yardstick of accomplishment that we all aspire to.
When Saban coached at State 10 wins was a great season. Ten wins now is an ok season, but nothing special.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only person on this board who thinks Jimmy Jam is a better coach than Saban is you. Do you use a glove in your sad little circle jerk to simulate the touch of another human being?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply hilarious. So Saban's CFB coaching career should be judged by what he did only @ Michigan State? Oh wait, I forgot he failed in the NFL. Which means he's an overrated CFB coach. But Jimmy Jam is already better than Saban because he won 10 games in a season twice but is 1-5 vs. his 2 main rivals in 3 years? I think that's how it goes? If so it makes no sense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Saban coached at State 10 wins was a great season. Ten wins now is an ok season, but nothing special.

So at MSU, Saban had, in 5 years, 1 ok season and 4 bad seasons.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person on this board who thinks Jimmy Jam is a better coach than Saban is you. Do you use a glove in your sad little circle jerk to simulate the touch of another human being?

If it makes you feel better — I think Saban is a better coach........in the SEC. On an actual level playing field, we got to see why type of coach Saban is (he left after 2 years with a losing record) At a school where you aren’t going to get top recruiting classes every year, we got to see what kind of coach Saban is (one OK season, 4 bad seasons and zero bowl wins)

If you give him the most talent — then I wholeheartedly agree. He is a great coach.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless MSU was only playing 7 or 8 games a year when he was there — Saban was mediocre at MSU.

Then again — you can’t expect too much. He did take a 6-6 team and turn them into a 6-6 team in 4 years. That’s not easy to do.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel better — I think Saban is a better coach........in the SEC. On an actual level playing field, we got to see why type of coach Saban is (he left after 2 years with a losing record) At a school where you aren’t going to get top recruiting classes every year, we got to see what kind of coach Saban is (one OK season, 4 bad seasons and zero bowl wins)

If you give him the most talent — then I wholeheartedly agree. He is a great coach.
So Harbaugh was handed the second most talent in the conference the last three years and has finished 4th, 3rd, and 6th in the conference. What does that make him?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, if you give Harbaugh a dozen pro bowlers...more than any other team, he'll give you a couple of conference championships, but it's Saban that needs the most talent to win...gotcha.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless MSU was only playing 7 or 8 games a year when he was there — Saban was mediocre at MSU.

Then again — you can’t expect too much. He did take a 6-6 team and turn them into a 6-6 team in 4 years. That’s not easy to do.

Then there is turning 3 top 5 recruiting classes into an 8-4 season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh was handed the second most talent in the conference the last three years and has finished 4th, 3rd, and 6th in the conference. What does that make him?

You mean the 2nd most talent that was coming off a 5 win season and didn’t have a QB better than Shane Morris? I thought he did pretty good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is turning 3 top 5 recruiting classes into an 8-4 season.

We did? Interesting. Here I thought those players left last year and that’s why we had such a young team this year and replaced 18 starters.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 2nd most talent that was coming off a 5 win season and didn’t have a QB better than Shane Morris? I thought he did pretty good.
Bad coaching is not the same as bad/no talent. And shouldn’t the quarterback whisperer be able to develop a quarterback? Maybe he should not turn his QBs in TEs.