• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep grasping. Great recruiter. Yes. Great coach........if he is in the SEC.

Are you still pretending the other teams/areas aren't able to recruit well?

Is Ohio St in the SEC?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the year they lost All-Pro LB’s Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman for basically the entire year and Aldon Smith only played 6 games?

And while it is entertaining to hear a Harbaugh offense describes as gimmicky — the fact they went 8-8 when they played the majority of the year without 3 all-pro’s. 8-8 is a pretty damn good in the NFL.

And maybe you should remind the 49er players who ‘stopped playing for him’ — he has been gone for almost 3 years, so they can start trying any day now. They are 10-35 since he left.

If 8-8 is pretty darn good in the NFL without 3 All-pros on your roster missing significant time...when you still had 5 active pro bowlers and 6 alternates what is 7-9 when you had two pro bowlers on your roster to begin with.

Jimmy Jam...a good coach in the NFL...only.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So coaches never adapt or grow in their abilities?

Saban didn't win a title at an earlier school, but he didn't shit the bed either. He wasn't at either MSU or LSU long enough. He did have all his own kids in at MSU before he left and was winning. He had a few upset big wins along the way. At LSU he took them to a title and in a fairly short amount of time.

I'll say the very first thing I said again. If a HC's job is to win games there isn't one better. It doesn't matter if he himself coaches up the kids, or if he really knows how to identify and lead coaches that do. It's the same in the end. He recruits better than most and is a strong task master for his staff. In the end he wins championships.

Harbaugh has sleep overs and his teams can't ever complete their objectives. Like ever.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still pretending the other teams/areas aren't able to recruit well?

Is Ohio St in the SEC?

Definitely not. Are you playing dumb or does this really need to be explained to you?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not. Are you playing dumb or does this really need to be explained to you?
Amy-big-bang-theory-yes-please.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 8-8 is pretty darn good in the NFL without 3 All-pros on your roster missing significant time...when you still had 5 active pro bowlers and 6 alternates what is 7-9 when you had two pro bowlers on your roster to begin with.

Jimmy Jam...a good coach in the NFL...only.

Are you still trying to find anything Saban did outside the SEC? Give up — there is nothing. What is more impressive — the 7-9 season or winning more than 7 games once in 5 years at MSU?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What state produces the most elite talent in the Midwest? How many P5 D-1 schools does the state of Ohio have?

Answer those questions and I will finish my response if you truly need it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What state produces the most elite talent in the Midwest? How many P5 D-1 schools does the state of Ohio have?

Answer those questions and I will finish my response if you truly need it.

Well hmm, it would seem you are claiming Ohio has talent and Michigan doesn't?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still trying to find anything Saban did outside the SEC? Give up — there is nothing. What is more impressive — the 7-9 season or winning more than 7 games once in 5 years at MSU?

Are you still trying to pretend Jimmy Jam did anything outside of the NFL with a roster stacked with 14 Starters and Alternates to the Pro Bowl. Shit, you thought Alabama had 5 star talent. The real question is how did the 49ers go 8-8 with 14 Pro bowlers on the roster...and the answer is obviously Jimmy Jam. More pro bowlers than any team in the league and you go 8-8...row that fucking boat Jimmy. The same Jimmy Jam that is 1-5 vs his rivals at Michigan and the same Jimmy Jam that has yet to beat a team with a winning record this year.

How could anyone not be on Team Jimmy Jam?

I mean he had that one year where he won a championship in the non-scholarship Patriot League...so there's that.

Whose the better coach?

This special Jimmy?
south-park-s09e07c07-buca-di-faggoncini-16x9.jpg

Or this special Jimmy?

jim-harbaugh-102615-usnews-getty-ftr_13y00l0y0j81s1pbomp1svdnkw.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hmm, it would seem you are claiming Ohio has talent and Michigan doesn't?

The state of Ohio has WAAAY more high school talent than the state of Michigan. They ranked right behind Georgia and the big 3 states.

Hell — the last two Heisman winners from UM were from Ohio — Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard. UM’s best TE was from Ohio — Jake Butt. It is the same for MSU — Le’Veon Bell of the Steelers — from Ohio.

The overall quality of HS football and the sheer numbers of quality players is night and day between Ohio and Michigan.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The state of Ohio has WAAAY more high school talent than the state of Michigan. They ranked right behind Georgia and the big 3 states.

Hell — the last two Heisman winners from UM were from Ohio — Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard. UM’s best TE was from Ohio — Jake Butt. It is the same for MSU — Le’Veon Bell of the Steelers — from Ohio.

The overall quality of HS football and the sheer numbers of quality players is night and day between Ohio and Michigan.

Michigan is a top10-15 state and you are next to Ohio which is a better recruiting state than Alabama.

Stop crying.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is a top10-15 state and you are next to Ohio which is a better recruiting state than Alabama.

Stop crying.

:lol: Yep, if only Ohio kids weren’t raised to hate everything about Michigan from birth and vice versa. My son isn’t allowed to say the word hate, unless he is talking about Ohio State.:pound:

The only kids in Ohio that UM or MSU are getting, are one of three things:

1. They live in the Northern part of Ohio

2. OSU didn’t offer them a scholarship

3. Their parents are Michigan transplants, who moved to Ohio for work

So while it is great to have Ohio right next to Michigan — getting the top recruits from the state is next to impossible. It is the same for Ohio to get Michigan guys. It happens, but not very often.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Yep, if only Ohio kids weren’t raised to hate everything about Michigan from birth and vice versa. My son isn’t allowed to say the word hate, unless he is talking about Ohio State.:pound:

The only kids in Ohio that UM or MSU are getting, are one of three things:

1. They live in the Northern part of Ohio

2. OSU didn’t offer them a scholarship

3. Their parents are Michigan transplants, who moved to Ohio for work

So while it is great to have Ohio right next to Michigan — getting the top recruits from the state is next to impossible. It is the same for Ohio to get Michigan guys. It happens, but not very often.

Maybe Harbaugh should do more sleepovers and camps in Ohio.

The difference is not very big at any rate. Like 6th ranked st vs 12th.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 50 states, ranked by their number of elite college football recruits

Alabama had 24 more blue chip recruits in state than Michigan...over the past 5 years.

Such a huge advantage.

We’ve had this discussion before already. Michigan has quite a few low end blue chip recruits — what they don’t have very often is 5 star top 100 elite recruits.

I don’t feel like going back to look — but I believe in the last 10 years, the state of MI had 2 5 star recruits, while Bama had 15 or 16. This is just 5 star guys, it is worse when you look at top 100 recruits.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Harbaugh should do more sleepovers and camps in Ohio.

The difference is not very big at any rate. Like 6th ranked st vs 12th.

Yeah, because those camps didn’t help in recruiting at all, as we signed more kids from Georgia the last two years than we had in the past 15 years combined. Signed guys from Alabama, like Nico Collins where we never would have had a shot in the past.

It is hilarious to hear the SEC slappies talk as if their conference footprint isn’t a big reason for their success. CFB is all about who can collect the most talent. That is what Saban does better than anyone else and why he is so against those camps. If he were at MSU — he’d be doing the exact same thing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve had this discussion before already. Michigan has quite a few low end blue chip recruits — what they don’t have very often is 5 star top 100 elite recruits.

I don’t feel like going back to look — but I believe in the last 10 years, the state of MI had 2 5 star recruits, while Bama had 15 or 16. This is just 5 star guys, it is worse when you look at top 100 recruits.

You've had 2 in the past 4 years or so, so I doubt your numbers are correct.

Still isn't enough to be an excuse. You act like your school is in fucking Idaho or something.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because those camps didn’t help in recruiting at all, as we signed more kids from Georgia the last two years than we had in the past 15 years combined. Signed guys from Alabama, like Nico Collins where we never would have had a shot in the past.

It is hilarious to hear the SEC slappies talk as if their conference footprint isn’t a big reason for their success. CFB is all about who can collect the most talent. That is what Saban does better than anyone else and why he is so against those camps. If he were at MSU — he’d be doing the exact same thing.

Contrary to your excuses, Michigan has never had a problem recruiting.

And it's funny when you get a guy that caliber from Georgia it's a big deal, but when it comes to talking about Michigan recruits it's "well they aren't 5 stars".

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it's funny when you get a guy that caliber from Georgia it's a big deal, but when it comes to talking about Michigan recruits it's "well they aren't 5 stars".

You know who hasn't had a top 10 recruiting in the last 5 year...Penn State and Michigan St.

You know who's have 3 top 5 classes....Michigan.

Anyone care to guess what Jimmy Jam's record is against these two never got a class better than 12th schools...He's 1-2 vs State and 2-1 vs Penn St.

Guess how many B1G titles Penn St and Michigan St have in the last 3 years...you guessed it, 1 each.

Guess how many B1G titles Jimmy Jam has.....:gaah:

Guess who's the 4th best coach in his own division:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-08-at-8.35.48-AM.png

You guessed it, it's Jimmy Chokes on Dick.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting someone like Solomon last year is something UM has never been able to do. Talking a kid brought up on SEC football to head north, where let’s see, today it was -5 when I got in my car. YES, it is a big deal. And YES, Solomon, himself, said the satellite camp where he got to see the coaches and interact with them was a big reason why UM got him onto campus in the first place.

And I didn’t say UM struggles recruiting — I said UM doesn’t get high end home grown talent many top schools like OSU, Bama, etc get.

If you look at the schools consistently in the top 5 or top 10 recruiting — You will find it filled with schools with a ton of home grown talent.