• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting someone like Solomon last year is something UM has never been able to do. Talking a kid brought up on SEC football to head north, where let’s see, today it was -5 when I got in my car. YES, it is a big deal. And YES, Solomon, himself, said the satellite camp where he got to see the coaches and interact with them was a big reason why UM got him onto campus in the first place.

And I didn’t say UM struggles recruiting — I said UM doesn’t get high end home grown talent many top schools like OSU, Bama, etc get.

If you look at the schools consistently in the top 5 or top 10 recruiting — You will find it filled with schools with a ton of home grown talent.

So 3 of the last 5 isn't consistently in the top 5? The only teams that have more top 5 classes in the last 5 years than Michigan are Bama, Ohio St and FSU....You are on the cusp of the doing less with more Donghorn award.

Maybe you should set your sights a little lower. Clearly Jimmy Jam needs a dozen or more pro bowlers to win consistently, not sure he's going to get that consistently at Michigan. BTW, which are y'all getting first, your 4th place in the East trophies or your mini little brown jugs. I guess a picture of your Outback bowl runner-up rings would be to much to ask for?

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So recruiting is better in warm weather. got it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 of the last 5 isn't consistently in the top 5? The only teams that have more top 5 classes in the last 5 years than Michigan are Bama, Ohio St and FSU....You are on the cusp of the doing less with more Donghorn award.

Maybe you should set your sights a little lower. Clearly Jimmy Jam needs a dozen or more pro bowlers to win consistently, not sure he's going to get that consistently at Michigan. BTW, which are y'all getting first, your 4th place in the East trophies or your mini little brown jugs. I guess a picture of your Outback bowl runner-up rings would be to much to ask for?

Are you still trying? If Saban had put in the type of time and effort you are trying to be funny, at MSU and the NFL, maybe he would have won something. Maybe.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting someone like Solomon last year is something UM has never been able to do. Talking a kid brought up on SEC football to head north, where let’s see, today it was -5 when I got in my car. YES, it is a big deal. And YES, Solomon, himself, said the satellite camp where he got to see the coaches and interact with them was a big reason why UM got him onto campus in the first place.

And I didn’t say UM struggles recruiting — I said UM doesn’t get high end home grown talent many top schools like OSU, Bama, etc get.

If you look at the schools consistently in the top 5 or top 10 recruiting — You will find it filled with schools with a ton of home grown talent.
So Michigan has no trouble getting high end talent but when they are playing for their home state team they become even better?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still trying? If Saban had put in the type of time and effort you are trying to be funny, at MSU and the NFL, maybe he would have won something. Maybe.

I'm thinking if Saban had 3 of 5 top 5 recruiting classes and/or 14 Pro Bowl caliber players, He would probably still be at MSU or Miami. and we wouldn't be talking about his inability to finish better than 3rd in his own division.

Special Jimmy is special.

gty_625967370_86990496.jpg

Are those Jimmy's special whatever whatever shoes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking if Saban had 3 of 5 top 5 recruiting classes and/or 14 Pro Bowl caliber players, He would probably still be at MSU or Miami. and we wouldn't be talking about his inability to finish better than 3rd in his own division.

Special Jimmy is special.

gty_625967370_86990496.jpg

Are those Jimmy's special whatever whatever shoes.

I love the effort. Saban had all kinds of time in the B1G to pull any type of recruiting class he’d like. In 5 years, he won more than 7 games ONCE. Keep trying.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the effort. Saban had all kinds of time in the B1G to pull any type of recruiting class he’d like. In 5 years, he won more than 7 games ONCE. Keep trying.

Except MSU isn't Michigan...Jimmy Jam just makes it seem like they are equal. Michigan, where Jimmy Jam can take a top 5 in the nation recruiting cycle and turn it into #5 in the B1G...at least he is consistently shitty.

Saban has as many B1G Championships as Jimmy Jam is ever going to win. I mean, we are talking about a guy who took a roster with more Pro Bowlers than anyone in the NFL and went 8-8, I know, I know...two of his pro bowlers missed the season and one only played 6 games, so he was forced to make do with 11. Who could expect better with only 11 Pro Bowlers....I mean Jimmy Jam is not a miracle worker.

BTW...congrats on the Purdue Bowl win...y'all can finally say you beat someone with a winning record.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan has no trouble getting high end talent but when they are playing for their home state team they become even better?

Again — not what I said, but I do appreciate the effort to twist comments around.

Michigan can recruit nationally, just like other blue blood programs. The difference in schools like OSU and Bama, who are regularly at the top of the rankings is..............on top of the talent they get across the US, the players they sign on their home turf are also elite recruits.

It is why I said about 6 months ago Bama wouldn’t be #1 recruiting this year. For the first time in a while, the state of Alabama doesn’t have the elite recruits they usually pump out — so they will have to rely on recruits outside the state.

It is what separates good recruiting classes from great recruiting classes. It is why Saban left MSU to go to LSU. I think Dantonio is one of the best coaches in CFB, but MSU will never win a NC in today’s CFB because they don’t get the type of recruits needed.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except MSU isn't Michigan...Jimmy Jam just makes it seem like they are equal. Michigan, where Jimmy Jam can take a top 5 in the nation recruiting cycle and turn it into #5 in the B1G...at least he is consistently shitty.

Saban has as many B1G Championships as Jimmy Jam is ever going to win. I mean, we are talking about a guy who took a roster with more Pro Bowlers than anyone in the NFL and went 8-8, I know, I know...two of his pro bowlers missed the season and one only played 6 games, so he was forced to make do with 11. Who could expect better with only 11 Pro Bowlers....I mean Jimmy Jam is not a miracle worker.

BTW...congrats on the Purdue Bowl win...y'all can finally say you beat someone with a winning record.

Yep and Harbaugh did more in year 1, than Saban did in 5 years as a B1G coach. Win 10 games. Saban never did it. Win a bowl game. Saban never did it.

But he was only there for 5 years, how can anyone possibly expect Saban to perform miracles.......oh wait, the coach he took over for won the conference and a Rose Bowl in 5 years? And wait a minute, Dantonio did too?

Saban is a great coach........in the SEC.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has never had a Top 30 recruiting class. Just saying

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many national titles does Wisconsin have?

How many Natty's did Bo win? How many Natty's does meeeechegan have since the late 40's? And more importantly what exactly has Jimmy Jam won on the CFB level?

In 3, 2, 1 trustme will bring up that Jimmy Jam took the 49ers to the SB. Which oddly enough has nothing to do w/ CFB. What's Jimmy Jam's combined record versus Ohio State & Michigan State? Has he won his division? Has he won his conference?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again — not what I said, but I do appreciate the effort to twist comments around.

Michigan can recruit nationally, just like other blue blood programs. The difference in schools like OSU and Bama, who are regularly at the top of the rankings is..............on top of the talent they get across the US, the players they sign on their home turf are also elite recruits.

It is why I said about 6 months ago Bama wouldn’t be #1 recruiting this year. For the first time in a while, the state of Alabama doesn’t have the elite recruits they usually pump out — so they will have to rely on recruits outside the state.

It is what separates good recruiting classes from great recruiting classes. It is why Saban left MSU to go to LSU. I think Dantonio is one of the best coaches in CFB, but MSU will never win a NC in today’s CFB because they don’t get the type of recruits needed.
No, Saban left for two reasons. Tom Izzo was a bigger name than him and he couldn’t get over the fact that football was second fiddle to basketball at that time at Michigan State. And the other reason is Michigan State was unwilling to make him a top 5 paid coach for having one good season.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and Harbaugh did more in year 1, than Saban did in 5 years as a B1G coach. Win 10 games. Saban never did it. Win a bowl game. Saban never did it.

But he was only there for 5 years, how can anyone possibly expect Saban to perform miracles.......oh wait, the coach he took over for won the conference and a Rose Bowl in 5 years? And wait a minute, Dantonio did too?

Saban is a great coach........in the SEC.

So, we've established that Michigan State has produced 3 better coaches than Jimmy Jam...anything else you'd like to add to the discussion.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks still bitching in this thread?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it also why Dantonio is 2-1 versus Michigan?...because he is that must better at coaching than Jimmy Jam?...we all know it's true, we just want to hear you say it.