• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Morris>Alex Hornibrook

You have never watched Shane Morris play in a B1G game. I’d take Hornibrook and his noodle arm over Morris 10 out of 10 times.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did? Interesting. Here I thought those players left last year and that’s why we had such a young team this year and replaced 18 starters.
But they were all shitty players with no talent and replaced by Harbaugh’s awesome players. Addition but subtraction and such. You told us those top 10 classes weren’t any good, right?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad coaching is not the same as bad/no talent. And shouldn’t the quarterback whisperer be able to develop a quarterback? Maybe he should not turn his QBs in TEs.

I agree, which is why Harbaugh was able to get 10 wins out of a group of guys who couldn’t put together a winning season with Hoke.

You only go as far as the QB position in CFB unless you can have a defense filled with the nations top recruits like Bama every year. No other team is getting away with shoddy QB play

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, which is why Harbaugh was able to get 10 wins out of a group of guys who couldn’t put together a winning season with Hoke.

You only go as far as the QB position in CFB unless you can have a defense filled with the nations top recruits like Bama every year. No other team is getting away with shoddy QB play
So there was a ton of talent on the team and Harbaugh pissed it all away because he can’t develop quarterback unless he is a once in a generation college quarterback.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they were all shitty players with no talent and replaced by Harbaugh’s awesome players. Addition but subtraction and such. You told us those top 10 classes weren’t any good, right?

Huh? The addition by subtraction is managing the scholarship players like the top programs and cutting fat to bring in full classes every year. Hell — I even admitted, UM was bit by the same injury bug Bama and OSU had when Saban and Meyer took over. We’ve handed out a half dozen medical redshirts to guys I didn’t even know were on the team. They eliminated the 5th year option for players, etc.

Harbaugh has two recruiting classes in so far. This was the first year any QB recruited by Harbaugh has been on the active roster. Peters looks light years better than what we’ve had under center, but he has struggled learning the playbook. We will see who wins the job this year with Peters, McCaffrey and Patterson.

I think we will see a much improved offense in 2018. That’s what has been killing UM.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? The addition by subtraction is managing the scholarship players like the top programs and cutting fat to bring in full classes every year. Hell — I even admitted, UM was bit by the same injury bug Bama and OSU had when Saban and Meyer took over. We’ve handed out a half dozen medical redshirts to guys I didn’t even know were on the team. They eliminated the 5th year option for players, etc.

Harbaugh has two recruiting classes in so far. This was the first year any QB recruited by Harbaugh has been on the active roster. Peters looks light years better than what we’ve had under center, but he has struggled learning the playbook. We will see who wins the job this year with Peters, McCaffrey and Patterson.

I think we will see a much improved offense in 2018. That’s what has been killing UM.
Light years better but couldn’t beat out OKorn for the backup position. Harbaugh has not been able to beat any team unless he has significantly more talent than them. He has not done anything in college football without Luck as his QB.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there was a ton of talent on the team and Harbaugh pissed it all away because he can’t develop quarterback unless he is a once in a generation college quarterback.

Who are we kidding, Luck was good before Jimmy and better after. He was a decent custodian....Jimmy the Janitor.

Maybe that's why Jimmy awarded Schembechler Hall Custodian Jody Fullerton with the Michigan Football Employee of the Year award....he recognizes custodial talent in others.

Jim Harbaugh announces new, unique Michigan football award

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, that’s real.
:L

I know, with Jimmy Jam the jokes write themselves. You just have to be patient. He is what I imagine Alabama would be like if Forrest Gump was real, and came back to coach his Alma Mater.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, with Jimmy Jam the jokes write themselves. You just have to be patient. He is what I imagine Alabama would be like if Forrest Gump was real, and came back to coach his Alma Mater.
Employee of the month awards, trophies for beating Minnesota and a 3-9 Michigan State, bringing back helmet stickers. Jesus

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Employee of the month awards, trophies for beating Minnesota and a 3-9 Michigan State, bringing back helmet stickers. Jesus

I'd forgotten about the helmet stickers. Jimmy is an original thinker, lol.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Light years better but couldn’t beat out OKorn for the backup position. Harbaugh has not been able to beat any team unless he has significantly more talent than them. He has not done anything in college football without Luck as his QB.

Yes, talent wise. Peters biggest issue is the playbook, as even after dumbing down the playbook for him when he took over, he still turned the wrong way on handoffs multiple times and burned timeouts repeatedly.

Did he have significantly more talent as a 42 point underdog to USC? What about the Florida team who won the SEC East UM beat by 5 tds? How about beating PSU by 30 who ended up winning the B1G? Or do those not count?

Don’t be upset just because I stated a simple fact. MSU’s ceiling is where they got a few years ago. Reach the CFP and get embarrassed. It isn’t MSU’s fault — you guys are getting the most out of the players you can get to commit there. Sometimes it just isn’t good enough.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, talent wise. Peters biggest issue is the playbook, as even after dumbing down the playbook for him when he took over, he still turned the wrong way on handoffs multiple times and burned timeouts repeatedly.

Did he have significantly more talent as a 42 point underdog to USC? What about the Florida team who won the SEC East UM beat by 5 tds? How about beating PSU by 30 who ended up winning the B1G? Or do those not count?

Don’t be upset just because I stated a simple fact. MSU’s ceiling is where they got a few years ago. Reach the CFP and get embarrassed. It isn’t MSU’s fault — you guys are getting the most out of the players you can get to commit there. Sometimes it just isn’t good enough.
Florida, the team who was without their starting quarterback? You are thumping your chest over beating a team without 80% of their offense. You don’t see me sitting saying our win over Washington a State was some great win.

And yes, Michigan had SIGNIFICANTLY more talent on it than Penn State did. Franklin took over a team that was trying to recover from the biggest sporting scandal in the history of the United States and in three years he won the conference. Harbaugh managed to finish 6th in the conference but they lucked out that Purdue won their bowl game so they have one win over a team with a winning record.

Are you upset that Michigan has reached their ceiling in Harbaugh’s first year with Hoke’s players? Now it’s Hoke 2.0 and they team is circling the drain, getting in fist fights over losing a friendly game of bowling.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm, yes, he did have more talent than Florida and PSU. Penn State hasn't had a class rated higher than 12th in the last 5 years. He also had more talent than the Michigan St, Wisconsin and Penn St teams he lost to this year.

So, congrats on his win over always under performing USC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if you give Harbaugh a dozen pro bowlers...more than any other team, he'll give you a couple of conference championships, but it's Saban that needs the most talent to win...gotcha.

Meanwhile, when I said Harbaugh was handed his team at San Fran, he had a fit.

Yet, it was obvious to anyone who followed the team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida, the team who was without their starting quarterback? You are thumping your chest over beating a team without 80% of their offense. You don’t see me sitting saying our win over Washington a State was some great win.

And yes, Michigan had SIGNIFICANTLY more talent on it than Penn State did. Franklin took over a team that was trying to recover from the biggest sporting scandal in the history of the United States and in three years he won the conference. Harbaugh managed to finish 6th in the conference but they lucked out that Purdue won their bowl game so they have one win over a team with a winning record.

Are you upset that Michigan has reached their ceiling in Harbaugh’s first year with Hoke’s players? Now it’s Hoke 2.0 and they team is circling the drain, getting in fist fights over losing a friendly game of bowling.

So two recruiting classes in, we’ve reached our ceiling?:lol: Sounds good.

I guess the truth really upset you. I know it sucks to hear, but MSU is, what it is. As the media dubbed their CFP game against Bama — the battle of the 3 stars vs. the 5 stars. You saw how that ended.

I think Dantonio is a great coach, but MSU will never win a NC in today’s CFB unless they start bringing in better recruiting classes. When you are a basketball school who is 2nd fiddle in your own state, that isn’t going to happen. You know it and I know it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, when I said Harbaugh was handed his team at San Fran, he had a fit.

Yet, it was obvious to anyone who followed the team.

You mean the 49er team who hadn’t had a winning season in a decade? That one? :lol:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two recruiting classes in, we’ve reached our ceiling?:lol: Sounds good.

I guess the truth really upset you. I know it sucks to hear, but MSU is, what it is. As the media dubbed their CFP game against Bama — the battle of the 3 stars vs. the 5 stars. You saw how that ended.

I think Dantonio is a great coach, but MSU will never win a NC in today’s CFB unless they start bringing in better recruiting classes. When you are a basketball school who is 2nd fiddle in your own state, that isn’t going to happen. You know it and I know it.
I know what we are, never denied that we will need something crazy and special to happen to win a title. But rather that than needing some crazy things to happen so I don’t choke away top 5 recruiting classes and maybe being able to compete for a division title.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 49er team who hadn’t had a winning season in a decade? That one? :lol:

Yeah, the ones that kept getting high draft picks for multiple years that Harbaugh inherited.

But that's the NFL working as intended right? Suck for a bunch of years and get free talent.