• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why aren't you worried about Beast Mode???

aaron81182

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Avid Seahawk fan here, #1 for my whole life, i was on the bandwagon hoping Rick Mirer was Joe. I would the only one after our first superbowl that I know of felt like letting Shaun walk in his prime. Now after ready every article I can about the offseason, im starting to get that shake like I did during Shauns Alexanders superbowl, and mvp year. Few articles talk about it.

Beastmode is going to shift into Breakmode soon. You heard it here first. Look at his violent running style. Sure he did sit a little in Buffalo, but the clock is ticking. Time already to look to the future. Remember this is a business, and as much as we like him. Face the facts, hes got one maybe two injuries left, then he will sadly no longer be an active seahawk.

The promise of the rising of chrstine michael is soon going to come to pass my friends. I have a feeling were going to love the young runner, groomed and healthy. Coming out of the gates and making our jaws drop and were going to love the fact that we "planned ahead" yet again. I love the way we draft and sign players

thank you pete and js

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off proofreading helps in getting your point across. Second I don't think it is any big secret that running backs, especially those that are power runners, wear out after a few years in the NFL. Obviously Beastmode is getting to that point which is why the Seahawks already planned for his departure. I don't think what you have typed is any kind of breaking news as it was said as soon as the Seahawks drafted Michael that this was the plan and that they expected Lynch to have maybe another year or two before they put him out to pasture.

aaron81182

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i guess its kinda sad but theres allot of hope for this young kid. some say he was electric, and some say we got a steal. im just sad to say that the back of my mind has a feeling that beastmode's about to break down this year.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch still looked strong last year and they have his possible replacement on the roster in Micheals. We should see more of him this year so he can be evaluated.
The difference is that they will not throw a big long term contract at Lynch when his contract runs out.
It will be sad when they have to cut ties with such a historically great back but this is life in the NFL.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running backs don't have an Old Timers Club but I think he's got at least one more season of being elite left in him.

I'll always be a Lynch fan not only for what he's done for our team but because he started running even harder once he got his fat contract. There's way too many RBs in the league who take it easy after they get paid. Marshawn runs like he's trying to earn a big contract not like someone who already signed one.

I will always respect that.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clock may be ticking, but I'm not going to worry about it until he starts to slow down.

For comparison, here are two other NFC runningbacks with similar running styles who didn't slow down:
Frank Gore:
Currently at 2,187 carries at age 31.

Steven Jackson:
He didn't slow down until 2013, when he had already racked up 2396 carries from 2004-2012 (average of 266 per year).

Marshawn Lynch:
1,753 career carries. Gore and Lynch have similar running styles and similar body types, yet Gore is still going strong at 31 years old and 2,187 carries. Lynch's time will come, but I expect him to put up another 4 YPC year in 2014.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
101.gif

Look at that read and cut, that's a guy with plenty of tread left.

He wont be around forever, but I would bet that he plays that final year of his contract with Seattle. If they can sustain some cohesiveness on the line, I think he's looking at a monster year.

And if not, there are some pretty good prospects behind him.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that works in Lynch's favor despite his tough, defender-dragging style is that he didn't really become "the man" until he got here a few years ago, so as others have mentioned, he doesn't have as much wear-and-tear as he could have if he'd been the horse every year in Buffalo that he has been here. Yes, he had 280 carries his rookie year, but his carries decreased significantly with the Bills in the last 2 1/4 years that he was there.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried too much. As others have said I'll start to worry about Lynch when his production really starts to decline and I'm also confident in the two guys Seattle has waiting in the wings to replace him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's got a couple more very productive years left in him... He's built like a power plug so he can take more abuse than the average back... We all know what the age 30 does to backs though, It's like a universal shutdown age... He just turned 28 in April so he's got a couple productive years left...

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has a few years left.

There are plans in the works with Michael anyway.

But I am worried in the fact that his contract is up after "this year"? next year? either way, with RW's contract coming up. He maybe a cap casualty.

Love me some beast mode though.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has a few years left.

There are plans in the works with Michael anyway.

But I am worried in the fact that his contract is up after "this year"? next year? either way, with RW's contract coming up. He maybe a cap casualty.

Love me some beast mode though.

Yeah I don't think were gonna be in a position to extend him... Unless he works out a deal for another year or so and restructures so he can retire a Seahawk... But that's then this is now... Another DOMINANT year of Beastmode!!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't news. Several of us have been saying his days/seasons are numbered and we aren't sure if he makes it through the next season. This is why we have been happy about having CM on the staff and that he now has a full season of development out of the way. Between him and Turbin I don't see any need to hit the panic button just yet.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah he is all good to go,he is still high on the SB win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering? Has he ever even suffered a serious injury to his ankles or knees? I know he has had some back issues, but other than that he has been pretty freaking durable. As long as them legs are healthy, I'm not to worried. His game is based on power and not so much speed anyways!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch and Alexander are oil and water. Could you possibly have different RB's? One loves contact while the other slides when it is five yards away. One had a NASTY offensive line while the other had, frankly, didn't. One had to be resigned after his superbowl game while the other is still under contract.

Resigning Alexander when her turned 30 wasn't smart. Especially when you had to let Hutchinson walk. Will we resign Lynch when his contract is up while letting others walk instead? Absolutely not. Why worry about something that is out of our control. If Lynch falters next season, then next man up. It isn't as if we are going to reinvest in him with some ridiculous contract that hurts the team. And with that being said, I don't see any drop off next season with Lynch. There were plenty of games last year where he was completely shut down. The Superbowl was one of them, and that worked out just fine