• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you rather have: Jimmy G or Carson Wentz?

Who would you rather have?

• Jimmy G

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 33 44.0%

• Total voters

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Glass.
Heh, which one? Neither finished the season with any kind of flourish, unless you're talking MRI's.

IF I had to choose, I would go with the younger QB. Both seem similar talent and injury wise.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between Garopollo's 2017 stint with the Niners and his 2108 one.

Again...not according to All 22 and guys who actually break down film for a living. Little difference at best...

He simply needs to stay healthy, and I think we're solid at QB for a decade.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...not according to All 22 and guys who actually break down film for a living. Little difference at best...

He simply needs to stay healthy, and I think we're solid at QB for a decade.
Completely different guy and the stats bear it out. Especially the won/loss record.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely different guy and the stats bear it out. Especially the won/loss record.

OK...I'm gonna give you one example as fact to denounce stuff like this. Against the Vikings, JG dropped a near perfect pass to Kittle which would've been at very least a 40+ yard gain, if not a TD given Kittle's breakaway threat. Kittle dropped the pass.

I do believe the very next play, Garoppolo threw a pick six. The problem is, on the play, Kendrick Bourne not only ran the wrong route, but also slipped. Completely changes the narrative of the game, but people who know little of the actual breakdown of said plays will put this mostly on the QB.

Factual game film breakdown trumps pretty much anything else. It's why I simply refuse to get into some discussions, because there is a lot of ignorance going around. if you want to look at stats at face value, that's on you.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not disagreeing, just stating production

But you also have to break it down by game and look a little deeper. If you throw out the Raiders game which Mark Sanchez probably would have thrown 4 TDs based on how pathetic the raiders were, then it looks different. When the competition was better especially when Mullens faced pressure his numbers dropped significantly. The first game at Minnesota the pass rush was relentless and Jimmy G had someone in face the entire game. The 2nd game it was more on him as he was holding the ball too long then he got hurt. He really only had a couple of games in this offense so far. Last year it was basically sandlot ball for six games as there was not time to implement the playbook. Shanahan game planned around Mullen's weaknesses this year. I am not sure if that can continue. But the jury is still out on both. We can go back and forth on this forever. Just gotta get to the season and see how it plays it.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...I'm gonna give you one example as fact to denounce stuff like this. Against the Vikings, JG dropped a near perfect pass to Kittle which would've been at very least a 40+ yard gain, if not a TD given Kittle's breakaway threat. Kittle dropped the pass.

I do believe the very next play, Garoppolo threw a pick six. The problem is, on the play, Kendrick Bourne not only ran the wrong route, but also slipped. Completely changes the narrative of the game, but people who know little of the actual breakdown of said plays will put this mostly on the QB.

Factual game film breakdown trumps pretty much anything else. It's why I simply refuse to get into some discussions, because there is a lot of ignorance going around. if you want to look at stats at face value, that's on you.

OMG!! What a homer!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you also have to break it down by game and look a little deeper. If you throw out the Raiders game which Mark Sanchez probably would have thrown 4 TDs based on how pathetic the raiders were, then it looks different. When the competition was better especially when Mullens faced pressure his numbers dropped significantly. The first game at Minnesota the pass rush was relentless and Jimmy G had someone in face the entire game. The 2nd game it was more on him as he was holding the ball too long then he got hurt. He really only had a couple of games in this offense so far. Last year it was basically sandlot ball for six games as there was not time to implement the playbook. Shanahan game planned around Mullen's weaknesses this year. I am not sure if that can continue. But the jury is still out on both. We can go back and forth on this forever. Just gotta get to the season and see how it plays it.
You could do this all day for all qbs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you could not see how skittish and happy footed Garraopollo was in the pocket last season and how many times he was afraid to throw the ball and took a sack then you have no business commenting on performance.
Using your ludicrous analogy, let's say the Lions were not offside when Garopollo threw that ridiculous INT into the flat that they returned to the one yard line then the Niners are oh for 4 in Jimmy's starts.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could not see how skittish and happy footed Garraopollo was in the pocket last season and how many times he was afraid to throw the ball and took a sack then you have no business commenting on performance.
Using your ludicrous analogy, let's say the Lions were not offside when Garopollo threw that ridiculous INT into the flat that they returned to the one yard line then the Niners are oh for 4 in Jimmy's starts.
He knows what he saw with his eyes! He doesn’t have to prove anything!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All 22/game film proves this wrong in general as well....have a nice day.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 22/game film proves this wrong in general as well....have a nice day.
Provide links, evidence, summaries. Something . U can talk all u want, others have at least backed things up you continue to “reference”, or talk about what you “ saw”. I guess numbers
Lie

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be honest. This one is very close for me. IMO, you have two of the most over-hyped QBs in the league right here

Both have similar skill sets.
They are both very talented clipboard holders while watching their team's starting QB go on to win super bowls.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have similar skill sets.
They are both very talented clipboard holders while watching their team's starting QB go on to win super bowls.
Did u not see all22/game film disproves this, and Ricky saw it with his eyes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't see that. I prefer to watch football only when there are lots of commercials included.
Yeah I hear yah sir. Wel talk to Ricky then because he saw jimmy g. He knows how good he is. He also
Watched some tape.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provide links, evidence, summaries. Something . U can talk all u want, others have at least backed things up you continue to “reference”, or talk about what you “ saw”. I guess numbers
Lie

Again dipshit...the burden of proof is on you. You claimed the 49ers need a QB...I simply say they don't and I base my evidence on coaches film. When I told you said proof can be found there.....well....I guess you didn't educate yourself. Give us some more Nick Mullens numbers. Give me some more ignorance.....I know you won't let me down.