• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the AFC West this year?

Who wins the AFC West?

• Broncos

• Chargers

• Chiefs

• Raiders

Results are only viewable after voting.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the actual vegas lines to start the year did have Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos even IIRC. So in terms of expectations, I feel that the Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders were all actually within what the eggheads thought they'd be. Chargers maybe a little more banged up than expected although at this point the Chargers being banged up is expected.

The Broncos, though. Man. I think mostly only Seattle fans saw this coming.

I've been a Broncos fan for 30+ years and never in my wildest dreams did I see this coming. There were some fans that were urging caution at the start of the season but NO ONE expected this level of dumpster fire. Leading the league in penalties, sacks given up, injuries, stupid playcalling and an anemic, non-scoring offense. At this point, most Broncos fans have nothing left to do but laugh at how bad we are.

I was confident that the Chiefs would still win the division but I thought the Chargers would be better. Should be another embarrassment for us next week at Arrowhead.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lean Chargers but all four teams are legit and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Gun to my head at this point:

1. Chargers
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders
Football is really hard to handicap in this age of parity (and injuries)...this first couple pages has a lot of consensus but wrong takes. That's what makes it fun!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people had them making the playoffs. I really dont think it was KC's year to win the division but when you have Mahomes, Kelce and Chris Jones then thats enough to cover up a lot of mistakes.
One of the biggest things I heard after the Hill trade was that KC was sunk because Kelce couldn't possibly continue to put up the same numbers without a guy like Hill....

LOL

With 2 games left, he has a legit chance to have career highs in Receptions, Yards, and already has a career high in TD's with 12 (previous 11).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of this is simply because Mahomes has been better this year than last year. I know Mahomes' EPA was constant but his YPA, QB Rating, and PFF grade were all way down last year because teams were taking away the big play and I dont think Mahomes and the coaching staff had fully adjusted.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confident that the Chiefs would still win the division but I thought the Chargers would be better. Should be another embarrassment for us next week at Arrowhead.
I had thought the Chargers would be better as well... Like the Broncos though, they were hit with the injury bug as well which held them back a bit on offense imo...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had thought the Chargers would be better as well... Like the Broncos though, they were hit with the injury bug as well which held them back a bit on offense imo...
Chargers are still alive as SB contenders. Yeah, the Chiefs have won 3 close games in a row against the Chargers but I think the emphasis should be that those games have been really close.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers are still alive as SB contenders. Yeah, the Chiefs have won 3 close games in a row against the Chargers but I think the emphasis should be that those games have been really close.
True... With M. Williams, K. Allen healthy while shaking the cobb webs, Chargers could get it done if they meet again this season... I think the first game back for Williams after his injury was the 2nd KC game this year...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those all time cliche divisions...if you want to be the champ you got to beat the champ...and none of them have done it this year... so far

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they definitely could be a dark horse if they get on a roll, healthy and things fall right. As is the case with most teams that make it into the dance. The Bucs could easily still be a force despite playing miserably for a lot of the season. As for the close games with the Chiefs, same can be said for the Raiders. Division games are always tough and often strange. And if nothing else if they meet in the play-offs, playing at Arrowhead means Mike Williams likely has a huge game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if nothing else if they meet in the play-offs, playing at Arrowhead means Mike Williams likely has a huge game.
I'd say the test for every team in the playoffs will be when its 4th and 8 with a minute left in the game, can your defense get Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Herbert/Jackson/Lawrence/Tua off the field. So as a Chiefs fan, I am kinda hoping they do figure out how to keep the Mike Williams' of the world from having a big game. Chiefs D is still a work in progress.