• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the AFC West this year?

Who wins the AFC West?

• Broncos

• Chargers

• Chiefs

• Raiders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have more votes than the Donkeys lol. Eat that and think about it OP.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC West is wide open, Broncos just became big players in that division … I hope they have a bad year, so we get a higher draft pick next year of course , but Russ in Seattle we only missed the playoffs once in 10 fricking years … Odds are the Broncos make the playoffs, BUT it is a tough division so nothing is a total lock, and it might take a year or so for Russ and Denver to find there chemistry, but I have no doubt at some point Russ will give them some opportunities at a title shot …

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC West is wide open, Broncos just became big players in that division … I hope they have a bad year, so we get a higher draft pick next year of course , but Russ in Seattle we only missed the playoffs once in 10 fricking years … Odds are the Broncos make the playoffs, BUT it is a tough division so nothing is a total lock, and it might take a year or so for Russ and Denver to find there chemistry, but I have no doubt at some point Russ will give them some opportunities at a title shot …
Guess we'll see. He's 34, but these days QB's do play longer, so I guess you never know...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll see. He's 34, but these days QB's do play longer, so I guess you never know...

Yeah, Russ loves extending play’s and he definitely not as quick as he was his first 5-6 years in the league, but he’s still a big upgrade for Denver.. Will be interesting to see the difference he can make…

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am leaning Chargers unless the draft is egregiously good for one team or another (except for the Raiders because Carr)
Definitely feel the Chiefs' draft has bailed them out a bit along with the typical "0 days without nonsense" from the Chargers. I guess there's the whole Mahomes is an alien thing, but that's kinda expected at this point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely feel the Chiefs' draft has bailed them out a bit along with the typical "0 days without nonsense" from the Chargers. I guess there's the whole Mahomes is an alien thing, but that's kinda expected at this point.
I do think the division was a two team race and the Chiefs just managed to make a couple more plays than the Chargers.

Raiders and Broncos were dead on arrival with terrible coaching and I didn't see that coming.

The Chiefs draft will 100% determine how far they get in the playoffs.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thread. Remember when people were saying 4 teams from that div would make it to playoffs? That is how competitive things have become.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't just play "follow the QB" since Herbert has yet to even qualify for the playoffs.

If posting incredible passing numbers isn't enough, what are the other factors?

Coaching?

Roster management?

Team chemistry?

I voted for the Chiefs as a fan and I'm voting for them objectively.
I didn't necro this thread but I will take my victory lap with great humility.

Mainly because I was probably buzzed when I posted that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't necro this thread but I will take my victory lap with great humility.
me too

Good times

we are all homers in a sea of homers and yet, some won't except that based on their acquired knowledge of football or something along those lines

Onward to the playoffs

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very funny in hindsight this is the team people thought couldn't make the playoffs.

View attachment 317558
I think most people had them making the playoffs. I really dont think it was KC's year to win the division but when you have Mahomes, Kelce and Chris Jones then thats enough to cover up a lot of mistakes.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people had them making the playoffs. I really dont think it was KC's year to win the division but when you have Mahomes, Kelce and Chris Jones then thats enough to cover up a lot of mistakes.
Well, most rational people, yes.

Moreso calling out the wacky fringe and occasional troll.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, most rational people, yes.

Moreso calling out the wacky fringe and occasional troll.
I kinda get why people predicted regression. Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Donald were two of the best players in football and look at the Packers and Rams this year. Heck, Brady is below .500.

At the start of the year, KC looked like they had far and away the toughest schedule in football. The Chiefs are kinda who I thought they were. Pacheco is probably the only player on the roster who Id say is overachieving based on preseason expectations. Maybe Nick Bolton is slightly better than expected but Im a bit biased so Ive always been a fan. If anything, the special teams has actually been performing at a far lower rate that expectation and has cost the Chiefs at least a win.

Its everyone else that failed to muster much competition. The Chiefs didnt have the toughest road to the playoffs. Not by a long shot.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda get why people predicted regression. Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Donald were two of the best players in football and look at the Packers and Rams this year. Heck, Brady is below .500.

At the start of the year, KC looked like they had far and away the toughest schedule in football. The Chiefs are kinda who I thought they were. Pacheco is probably the only player on the roster who Id say is overachieving based on preseason expectations. Maybe Nick Bolton is slightly better than expected but Im a bit biased so Ive always been a fan. If anything, the special teams has actually been performing at a far lower rate that expectation and has cost the Chiefs at least a win.

Its everyone else that failed to muster much competition. The Chiefs didnt have the toughest road to the playoffs. Not by a long shot.
I said early in the thread that it's the Chiefs until it ain't and that coaching would be a huge decider as it always is. Too many people in the media and as was said, the wacky fringe fans and trolls were putting too much into the Hill trade and acting like Mahomes wasn't such a huge factor. No more Tyreek and yet the Chiefs still have the best offense as of this week. They lead in every category that matters. I didn't see the massive failure in Denver and Las Vegas but not overly shocked by what the Chiefs were able to do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said early in the thread that it's the Chiefs until it ain't and that coaching would be a huge decider as it always is. Too many people in the media and as was said, the wacky fringe fans and trolls were putting too much into the Hill trade and acting like Mahomes wasn't such a huge factor. No more Tyreek and yet the Chiefs still have the best offense as of this week. They lead in every category that matters. I didn't see the massive failure in Denver and Las Vegas but not overly shocked by what the Chiefs were able to do.
Well, the actual vegas lines to start the year did have Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos even IIRC. So in terms of expectations, I feel that the Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders were all actually within what the eggheads thought they'd be. Chargers maybe a little more banged up than expected although at this point the Chargers being banged up is expected.

The Broncos, though. Man. I think mostly only Seattle fans saw this coming.