• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the AFC West?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not really. If one of the Chargers or Chiefs happen to actually sustain their talent for a while they could pop someone. Not betting on it, but it could definitely happen. Chargers gave the Jags a run for their money. Chiefs have beaten the Pats and Eagles. They aren't trustworthy by any means which is more of the problem.

The Chiefs and Chargers will have to seek a new qb in the soon future here, no good qb, makes life tough.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs and Chargers will have to seek a new qb in the soon future here, no good qb, makes life tough.
Yep. Chiefs are in good shape I think with Mahomes longterm. They'll need to reshuffle some of their cap, but the defense looks fairly fixable once Eric Berry is back in the mix. Chargers I have no clue what they're going to do at QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-2 at best for the Chargers?

"At best" might be too strong, but yes, I think they will split the last 4. KC will handle them at home and the Jets are playing their best football right now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazingly, you have to favor the Chargers right now IMO. Easiest schedule and playing the best ball.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FPI still believes the Chiefs (58%) are the favorites to win the AFC West, followed by the Chargers (33%) and the Raiders (8%).

Looks about right. The Chargers are no offensive juggernaut and have a suspect run D. Chiefs obviously have had their ups and downs as well. Chiefs have a tiebreaker edge though and have 3 home games. Both schedules are very easy, to the point where the difference is negligible.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland
Chargers
Miami
@Denver

I know for sure KC is playing some awful football

But which of those games will they not be favored in?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland
Chargers
Miami
@Denver

0 unless Mahomes starts

They were probably favored in all 11 games after 5-0 keep in mind, however. Close to 99% chance to win the division.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Chiefs are in good shape I think with Mahomes longterm. They'll need to reshuffle some of their cap, but the defense looks fairly fixable once Eric Berry is back in the mix. Chargers I have no clue what they're going to do at QB.

I'm liking the Mahomes kid already based on the little I've seen at TT.

KC needs...from where I sit, they've gotta get another CB opposite Peters. In spite of Houston, they've become pretty avg getting after the QB...I thought Dee Ford was going to be the replacement for Hali. Run stopper, near last vs the run.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 unless Mahomes starts

They were probably favored in all 11 games after 5-0 keep in mind, however. Close to 99% chance to win the division.

I hear ya, but losing at home to the Chargers would STILL be the only loss that wouldnt surprise me there, and Im not sure thats a guarantee........

Yesterday didnt surprise me at all, ive been saying for weeks no one wants to face the Jets, they are simply in every single game right till the end this season

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 unless Mahomes starts

I believe the only one they weren't favored was @Dallas in week 9.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland
Chargers
Miami
@Denver

For the 1st time in a while, A Smith was aggressive down field yesterday and it paid off with 4 TD passes...only to get torched by McCown for 38? WTF? I didn't see that coming.

Point is...supposedly Reid has turned playcalling over to the OC...there might be a continued offensive spark and with 3 games at home I think the DEF will hold up better than they have been on the road.

They're giving up nearly 26 pts on the road, and that includes week 3 (LAC, 10 pts) and week 11 (NYG 12 pts)...if not for those two games they would be allowing over 30 on the road.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking the Mahomes kid already based on the little I've seen at TT.

KC needs...from where I sit, they've gotta get another CB opposite Peters. In spite of Houston, they've become pretty avg getting after the QB...I thought Dee Ford was going to be the replacement for Hali. Run stopper, near last vs the run.

They definitely need the following:

A True RCB

Depth after the first 3 CB's

W-ILB to replace Johnson

NT (Logan is a UFA, I'd resign him, personally)

FS (Parker getting up there, good time to refresh there; opens up a cap opportunity after 2018)

OLB: Ford just isn't healthy enough on a consistent basis and he can't play a DE in sub packages like Kpassagnon can. Can keep him for another year just as insurance for a passrush as the issue is more health than production per se, but this is a position that needs an upgrade. Kpassagnon has flashed raw potential but he needs to grow up fast.

Another penetrating DE opposite Jones.

Kick returner (not risking Hill out there)

Offense I mostly think is fine. If you really wanted to you could lust after another WR, but Conley and Robinson are "enough" given that they are getting top shelf level production out of Hill and Kelce. The OL issues are largely a function of Smith directly or indirectly; It's not an accident when Smith felt a little more comfortable, there was noticeably more time as he made 'better' use of the pocket. Ware is coming back to give the RB lineup more length. At most you look for a guard given their limited picks and cash.

Run D is quite a bit scheme in my opinion. They have been much, much better against the run with more base looks with two true ILB's instead of Sorenson; 4 straight games under 4 YPC for RB's. They played more nickel again yesterday as the Jets running game is kind of crappy, but a DC change to say Pettine might be beneficial for this group. They certainly aren't good, but it's always hard to tell given they rarely have made an effort to actually stop the run the past 5 years.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but losing at home to the Chargers would STILL be the only loss that wouldnt surprise me there, and Im not sure thats a guarantee........

Yesterday didnt surprise me at all, ive been saying for weeks no one wants to face the Jets, they are simply in every single game right till the end this season
Oh I agree, but I feel like a broken record with coulda, shoulda nonsense. It's true they should, could and ought to beat teams with less talent or comparable talent and inferior coaching, but it doesn't always happen as evidenced by their 1-5 record in 1 score games now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely need the following:

A True RCB

Depth after the first 3 CB's

W-ILB to replace Johnson

NT (Logan is a UFA, I'd resign him, personally)

FS (Parker getting up there, good time to refresh there; opens up a cap opportunity after 2018)

OLB: Ford just isn't healthy enough on a consistent basis and he can't play a DE in sub packages like Kpassagnon can. Can keep him for another year just as insurance for a passrush as the issue is more health than production per se, but this is a position that needs an upgrade. Kpassagnon has flashed raw potential but he needs to grow up fast.

Another penetrating DE opposite Jones.

Kick returner (not risking Hill out there)

Offense I mostly think is fine. If you really wanted to you could lust after another WR, but Conley and Robinson are "enough" given that they are getting top shelf level production out of Hill and Kelce. The OL issues are largely a function of Smith directly or indirectly; It's not an accident when Smith felt a little more comfortable, there was noticeably more time as he made 'better' use of the pocket. Ware is coming back to give the RB lineup more length. At most you look for a guard given their limited picks and cash.

Run D is quite a bit scheme in my opinion. They have been much, much better against the run with more base looks with two true ILB's instead of Sorenson; 4 straight games under 4 YPC for RB's. They played more nickel again yesterday as the Jets running game is kind of crappy, but a DC change to say Pettine might be beneficial for this group. They certainly aren't good, but it's always hard to tell given they rarely have made an effort to actually stop the run the past 5 years.

DEF scheme...I agree. PIT also runs a 3-4 base and they take the NT out when they go Nickel. Unless you just have a brute of a NT that can cover two gaps, it's easier for the OL to get a man on your ILB.

OFC...I still think KC could use a good possession WR but may not really need a true #1 with Kelce and Hill