• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be our MVP this year

Who will our MVP be this year

• Dustin Hopkins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Tress Way

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way our offense and defense has looked this preseason I believe this is a valid question

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think I'm joking with this poll.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am glad to see Hopkins kicking well. Hopefully he keeps it up

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pump the brakes a little in dismissing the Redskins defense. The Bengals had a few impressive drives, but they are one of the more impressive offenses in the NFL w/ more weapons than most & the Redskins defense did alright at times (& one of the TDs was by the Bengals defense).

Everyone just needs to be cautioned that the defense consists of a lot of new, young players & different schemes. This likely will take time to gel & there will be mistakes along the way. If you want to just concede the season & say that the team has no hope - great - enjoy. I will withhold judgment for a bit & also understand that there is at least some rebuilding going here.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, if the choices come down to these two, unless Hopkins and the team has a 1982, Mark Mosley, type of season, it will be a lost year.

In that event the award will have to go to Tress Way. Consolation FG's while important, would likely be held against Hopkins by voters because of the anger surrounding failure to get offensive TD's. I could be wrong on this, but, if there's one thing that's not to be underestimated.....it's a pissed-off voter.:D

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I'm being honest? DJ Swearinger, but hopkins will be a close second.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way our offense and defense has looked this preseason I believe this is a valid question

I thought you were all in on making KC the newest member of the 25 mill a year club?

This thread strangely enough doesn't have a "All in with KC" vibe. Maybe I'm trippin though and just can't see it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its preseason

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were all in on making KC the newest member of the 25 mill a year club?

This thread strangely enough doesn't have a "All in with KC" vibe. Maybe I'm trippin though and just can't see it.[/QUOTE]

You can't see a lot so it's not surprising. The optimism threads on Kirk stemmed on the fact that despite playoff success he is statically right there along side Rodgers, Brady in actual regular season play last two years. (not saying he's as good as either.. relax) The optimism threads stemmed on the fact that we haven't had a single QB play 32 straight games since Joey T im guessing... and play rather well I might add. The optimism threads stemmed on the fact that he seamed to be even getting better. The optimism threads stemmed on a lot of positive things stemming from the GD man himself. Cousins. Open your eyes and see that he's our best chance at anything. It's unfortunate that he lost his two main threats to FA and now has to mesh all over again... not certain 3 preseason games (totaling 1 actual game) of play can match the timing he had with guys he'd played with for 4 years. So yes,, im still a member of the 25 now probably 30 million club if he has a great year. If he doesn't get paid by us then they'll go ur route and draft yet another QB and be even more irrelevant. Be careful what you wish for young man. Didn't momma tell ya dem things.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reptec101 said:
You can't see a lot so it's not surprising. The optimism threads on Kirk stemmed on the fact that despite playoff success he is statically right there along side Rodgers, Brady in actual regular season play last two years. (not saying he's as good as either.. relax) The optimism threads stemmed on the fact that we haven't had a single QB play 32 straight games since Joey T im guessing... and play rather well I might add. The optimism threads stemmed on the fact that he seamed to be even getting better. The optimism threads stemmed on a lot of positive things stemming from the GD man himself. Cousins. Open your eyes and see that he's our best chance at anything. It's unfortunate that he lost his two main threats to FA and now has to mesh all over again... not certain 3 preseason games (totaling 1 actual game) of play can match the timing he had with guys he'd played with for 4 years. So yes,, im still a member of the 25 now probably 30 million club if he has a great year. If he doesn't get paid by us then they'll go ur route and draft yet another QB and be even more irrelevant. Be careful what you wish for young man. Didn't momma tell ya dem things.

Heh. Coming from an unabashed and complete homer who from the way he talks. Probably wears his burgundy n gold glasses when he sleeps and showers. You're damn skippy I don't see whatever it is that you see. I think though its time for you to get an eye check up. You need a different prescription.

You meant despite Kirk's lack of playoff success he's right there stat-wise with Brady and Rodgers the last 2 regular seasons didn't you. Quarterbacks, whether rightly or wrongly are judged on more than stats and how well they play in the regular season. That said, I'd opine that 19-21-1 reg season record and that 0-1 playoff record Kirk sports is exactly why he doesn't belong in any discussions likening him to Brady and Rodgers. That's merely my opinion though, but speaking of opinions and facts.

If you believe something to be a fact. Why immediately preface it afterwards with 'seemed to be.' Either its a fact or it isn't. And no, it isn't a fact that Kirk is getting better. That's merely your opinion. Course if its a fact than surely you have evidence to support that.

And you guessed wrong, no great shock there, but at least you didn't claim it was a fact, about the last QB to play 32 straight games at QB for the Skins.

So you're a member of the "Kirk getting 25 mill+ club" yet you're starting "Who will be our MVP this year? Our FG kicker or punter" threads and add you're not joking about the topic of this thread. That just oozes confidence in Kirk.

My eyes are open, homey, perhaps you need to take off those damn glasses. I'm not interested in "best chance at anything." I don't give a shit about 400 yard passing games, 5,000 yard passing seasons or the Redskins finally being a dynamic offense. If these things don't help take the Redskins where I would love to see them at least one more time before I die. That being in a Super Bowl.

The bottom line as I see it is this. Some Skins fans believe if the Skins do a couple more things. Get a better defense, get more production out of the running game, whatever. That Kirk Cousins can be the QB to lead the Redskins to the Super Bowl. I still have my doubts about that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eyes are open, homey, perhaps you need to take off those damn glasses. I'm not interested in "best chance at anything." I don't give a shit about 400 yard passing games, 5,000 yard passing seasons or the Redskins finally being a dynamic offense. If these things don't help take the Redskins where I would love to see them at least one more time before I die. That being in a Super Bowl.

The bottom line as I see it is this. Some Skins fans believe if the Skins do a couple more things. Get a better defense, get more production out of the running game, whatever. That Kirk Cousins can be the QB to lead the Redskins to the Super Bowl. I still have my doubts about that.

"My eyes are open, homey, perhaps you need to take off those damn glasses. I'm not interested in "best chance at anything." I don't give a shit about 400 yard passing games, 5,000 yard passing seasons or the Redskins finally being a dynamic offense. If these things don't help take the Redskins where I would love to see them at least one more time before I die. That being in a Super Bowl."

One of the reasons why I try to include the now well worn response that "Kirk is the best that we've had in 20 years" is because it's a meaningless, quite frankly desperate way to justify mediocrity which is exactly what 7-9 to 9-7 teams are. Beyond that, what difference does it make to have a QB who amasses a lot of yards between the twenty yard lines, yet doesn't produce when the rubber meets the road? (Not you...but for those who want to narrow this down to big games, I want to be clear that scoring TD's in the RZ is a bigger problem)

The bottom line as I see it is this. Some Skins fans believe if the Skins do a couple more things. Get a better defense, get more production out of the running game, whatever. That Kirk Cousins can be the QB to lead the Redskins to the Super Bowl. I still have my doubts about that.[/

I happen to agree with this...A much better defense and a running game that causes problems for the opposition has been the exact formula that's won SB's here. Once those things are in place I disagree with who or what is leading them to the promised land. This I know, it won't be our QB, whoever he is at the time.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who think KC is responsible for wins and losses and thinks he is just a 8-8 kind of QB, what would he be with the number one defense?

That is what Tom Brady has enjoyed.