• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should USC go after as their next HC?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The buy out of Steve Sarkisian's contract would be something like 5.5 million. He's not going anywhere.

Del Rio is very likely their next HC, but it's complicated because he could be the DC for a team going to the superbowl and USC would have to have their recruiting class ready by LOI day. Even if it's the last of the 15 scholarship classes, no doubt whoever is coming in is going to want that class to be the players they choose.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who runs a pro style offense that is a big believer in hard hitting defense.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Tressell
Mike Singletary
Chris Peterson
Ken Norton Jr

That order... That is all...

minus Pete that is the dumbest list I have ever seen.

Not sure if serious.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's better than that horse shit Oregon runs.

Ironbreaker y'all are running the same offense now, just not as effectively as Oregon!

And I say that with all due respect. I am very, very impressed with Washington this season. And obviously they smashed my Broncos as well.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's better than that horse shit Oregon runs.

Ironbreaker y'all are running the same offense now, just not as effectively as Oregon!

And I say that with all due respect. I am very, very impressed with Washington this season. And obviously they smashed my Broncos as well.

LOL... this.

Youre team is trying their best to be Oregon IB. I tuned in to the PAC net and caught the game and the score was UW 8 Zona zip.

DId yall go for 2 on your 1st TD?

Just like Oregon... How cute.

UW is now Oregon lite

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
1. He asked for more money, so?
2. He did not leave for UK or Auburn, does that prove something?

No offense to either job, but those are not USC. All SEC jobs at not equal.

He did not leave for Auburn, Ole Miss, UK, and every other job brought to him. You think USC is such a great job that is fine. The answer to your question is that Jimbo will not leave FSU except for an SEC big Gig. Why would he leave a program he is building with the talent he has, talent coming in, new facilities that HE got built? Makes absolutely no sense. Then there is the one thing that you and even the SEC teams forget. His VERY large ties with the Bowden family and Tallahassee.

His asking for an extension actually was not about more money, but guaranteed LONGER contract. Big key difference. Jimbo is staying at FSU no matter what you think because he has been down this road before and not left. Why would he leave for USC who is still under sanctions and he has ZERO chance of accomplishing anything?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... this.

Youre team is trying their best to be Oregon IB. I tuned in to the PAC net and caught the game and the score was UW 8 Zona zip.

DId yall go for 2 on your 1st TD?

Just like Oregon... How cute.

UW is now Oregon lite

It was a bad snap on the PAT and a safety. The only similarity between the UW and Oregon offenses is the up-tempo style...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bad snap on the PAT and a safety. The only similarity between the UW and Oregon offenses is the up-tempo style...

Sort of. They run the shit outta the ball now.

Are you worried about Sankey's workload? Non homer answer. 40 carries vs Zona seems a bit much.. No?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of. They run the shit outta the ball now.

Are you worried about Sankey's workload? Non homer answer. 40 carries vs Zona seems a bit much.. No?

I'd be concerned if I thought it was going to be a weekly occurrence, but it won't be. The weather didn't give them much choice. He was just the guy who could be trusted to be consistent and hang on to the ball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Franklin
Steve Sarkisian
Hugh Freeze
David Shaw

Jimbo isn't going out west all his family is in the south.
USC needs to stay away from anyone that does not have college head coaching experience.

Like when we hired Pete Carroll?:whistle:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Del Rio is a good fit, he is a very respected Assistant in the NFL and has had some really great defenses, He fits the USC look as a HC, he is smart and can put together a top staff quickly, he would be able to recruit no matter what since its USC and he knows college as well as Pro sets. He may be a long shot since they cant talk to him right away, but he is who i would go after if I was Haden.

He seems to be the "odds on favorite"!! What I'm hearing is that he wants the job and actually wanted it in the off-season, but Haden chose to stick with Kiffin. It is also believed that John Fox is a good enough dude that he would work something out with USC and Del Rio!!

Personally, I'd hire him in a heartbeat. Word is that he will keep Orgeron on as a coach (he is beloved at USC) and that he will bring Kennedy Pola back (who never should have been let go in the first place)!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC will hire every coach on the list, just to make sure they get the right one, and they will have a season long episode of the bachelor, dismissing one coach at a time from the team bus until they finally decide on one.

Now THAT would be funny!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a mistake. USC is a legit job. They hold do a legit search. This seems like a complete rush job if true

The problem with doing too much of a search is that people start to wonder why no one wants the job. Also, getting turned down a bunch of times is a bad look!!

Even if it looks like a rush job, at least there's a coach in place which brings stability for recruits!! Also, it's not too bad when a recruit asks who the head coach will be and you say: "On Sunday, watch the Broncos game. He can't be here right now because he's coaching the defense for a likely Super Bowl team. But you'll see him this coming season"!!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like when we hired Pete Carroll?:whistle:
It can work but I'm pretty conservative and would go with a proven commodity from the college ranks. In all honesty the big deal is recruiting if he came into the interview and said I have X & Y guys that are award winning proven recruiters that are 100% coming with me I would reconsider my position.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can work but I'm pretty conservative and would go with a proven commodity from the college ranks. In all honesty the big deal is recruiting if he came into the interview and said I have X & Y guys that are award winning proven recruiters that are 100% coming with me I would reconsider my position.

Word is that if Del Rio takes the job, he will keep Orgeron!! Orgeron is a world class recruiter. Kiffin gets a lot of credit for being a great recruiter, but there are many folks who say that Orgeron was actually the one most responsible for USC's recruiting.

I heard an interview on the radio with Orgeron today!! I have to say, the man had me wanting to get some pads on and go play some football!!

I'm also hearing that he will bring back Kennedy Pola as our running backs coach. A lot of Trojans (including this one) were not happy when Pola was let go!!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Bo Pelini is not pursuing any other jobs. USC would be high on his list of places to go and not coach defense.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2002_12_16_TYRONE_WILLINGHAM_LARGE.JPG

I bet this guy could make himself available... Look at that, he was even "sportsman of the year" once.