• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the Warriors' biggest threat in the Western Conference?

Biggest threat to GS out West?

• Spurs

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Clippers

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rockets

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Trail Blazers

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over the other starting centers in the NBA- the guys i would take pachulia over are-

in the East-

Boston- Amir Johnson- if thats who they end up going with at center- which i think a deal is gonna happen for okafor- then scratch this.

Charlottle- Cody Zeller- defensively id rather have Pachulia at this point in Zellers career

In the West

Trailblazers- id rather have Pachulia defensively than Plumlee

so if i was ranking centers defensively in the league- at least right now before the end of the offseason id have Pachulia 4th last.

Care to dispute that?

What data do you have to pull off this procedure ?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no- they cant dude- did u just see what happened?

they can guard lebron when they can smother him- when kyrie and love arent in- and delly is playing 30 minutes a night and mozgov and james jones.

when LeBron has the ability to work mostly one on one- which is what KI gives him- he has shown that Iggy and Draymond mean nothing to him...and next year Iggy is going to just be a year older....draymond is not near quick enough to guard lebron. you RARELY saw Draymond cover lebron in the Finals and when you did lebron would just take it right to the rim.

Dude great players are gonna go off no matter who is guarding them. Thats why theyre GREAT players. We still held you guys under 100 alot. The problem was nobody on our team especially barnes couldnt hit wide open shots which was the game plan all series. Iggy and draymond are great defenders. They played kyrie and lebron the right way. They just hit jumpers which i will live with

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more importNt question will be who will all stop curry, kd, klay and draymond?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What data do you have to pull off this procedure ?
purely subjective from a 5 minute scan of who is starting

Boston- Amir Johnson??---- okay ill give u Pachulia
Toronto? JV? hell no obviously
Nets? Lopez? hell no obviously
Knicks? Joakim Noah- OBVIOUSLY noah
76'ers- noel, embiid or okafor - take your fucking pick

bulls- robin lopez- ehhh.....
cavs- TT- hahahahahaha
pacers- myles turner- obviously turner by a fucking mile
pistons have a guy named andre drummond- hes not bad
bucks---- they dealt pachulia away to open up cap room for a monroe, or henson- henson is actually prob the better defender there than monroe even

hawks- dwight howard- he has not yet sunk that low, lol
hornets-- -cody zeller- PACHULIA!!!!!!!!!
Heat- Whiteside--- lol...dont tempt me....
Magic- Vucevic or Ibaka or Biyombo???? all 3 waaaay better defensively
Wizards--- Gortat AND mahimi are far superior defensive players

clippers- Deandre- right....
lakers- mozgov- absolutely at least defensively i take mozgov
suns- len or chandler- take your pick- chandler is pretty done though but he can still alter shots at the rim
kings- demarcus- all though- when demarcus doesnt give a shit??? i mean- obviously WCS youd much rather have....at the least-

mavericks- bogut- right....
rockets-- clint capela--- i really think this kid is good- maybe you can make an argument here for Pachulia at this point in capelas career while he is still this young and inexperienced...12 months from now no fucking way though
grizzlies--- marc gasol is good at basketball
pelicans- omer asik is not in the nba because he can play offense-- blancote killer ajinca is actually not bad either- but this is one team where you could at least make a decent argument for Mr. Pachulia
Spurs- Pau Gasol was quietly fucking awesome last year for a shitty bulls team

Nuggets- Jokic or Nurkic- both are far better
Minnesota- hmm...i gotta tell ya- does anyone know more about dieng? ive heard hes decent...great athlete 26 years old in his prime thats only in the nba because of his D....YAAAH...
Thunder--- Adams without a doubt
Blazers---- Plumlee---- okay- prob rather have pachulia
jazz- gobert or go home

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well.. Im looking at DRPM defensive real plus minus. And pachulia is 16th out of all center which is middle of the pack. Which is what i would of guessed he would be..

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cavs- TT- hahahahahaha
bucks---- they dealt pachulia away to open up cap room for a monroe, or henson- henson is actually prob the better defender there than monroe even

suns- len or chandler- take your pick- chandler is pretty done though but he can still alter shots at the rim
kings- demarcus- all though- when demarcus doesnt give a shit??? i mean- obviously WCS youd much rather have....at the least-

rockets-- clint capela--- i really think this kid is good- maybe you can make an argument here for Pachulia at this point in capelas career while he is still this young and inexperienced...12 months from now no fucking way though
pelicans- omer asik is not in the nba because he can play offense-- blancote killer ajinca is actually not bad either- but this is one team where you could at least make a decent argument for Mr. Pachulia

Minnesota- hmm...i gotta tell ya- does anyone know more about dieng? ive heard hes decent...great athlete 26 years old in his prime thats only in the nba because of his D....YAAAH...
jazz- gobert or go home

Pachulia is way better than what youre giving him respect for on defense. Hes just so smart at preventing players from going into the paint, knows where to be positioned at the right time, high IQ on that end too.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did the Clippers add for this coming season? I think they are still the closest team to the Warriors and Spurs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pachulia is way better than what youre giving him respect for on defense. Hes just so smart at preventing players from going into the paint, knows where to be positioned at the right time, high IQ on that end too.
you just described Andy too.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still gonna be the Thunder. Believe me Westbrook and the boys are going to want to beat that Warrior ass next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not worried about green at all defensively just like im not worried about kahwi lepnard defensively

It won't be bc of him, it is the post defense as a whole that's the thing lol. It has less to do with Green.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's no question the Ws defense will be a notch or two worse than before, but they probably more than make up for it on the other end. This team is going to be 1970s-80s Denver Nuggets level scoring in the modern world....they are going to be unstoppable. The best defenses will slow them a bit but how often are they going to be outscored? No more than 20% of the time, and only 35% of the time in the playoffs. Think a lot of 130-112 wins, yes even in the playoffs.

Yeah I get that just wondering how good an offense can be. I mean they already average close to 110 points a game I understand they added another top 3 player and it will be impossible to defend. This will be interesting bc most teams that win have a great defense and never out of the top 10 defense. I guess we will see, it will be fun to watch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green won't really be needed as a rim protector. That's not his job, but when he does it's just a plus. His best value is his straight up man to man defense on opposing 4's or 5's. That's where his value is the highest defensively, next to his ability to switch on to smaller guards.

Green can guard Aldridge or Gasol straight up without needing additional rim protection because he does a great job of using his lower body strength for leverage. If you look at his post defense FGA, it's elite.

The problem will be when Green has to defend one of Gasol or Aldridge in the post, who is going to guard the other when they space the floor. My guess is David West would see a lot of time doing this against this particular team.

Yeah West could be at times, but he only plays 18 minutes a game. Pachulia will have to take that role as well. West is a solid player but he is aging depending on him to guard in the post more than usual isn't too reliable at least more than a quarter and a half.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have said many times though, it is easier for the Warriors to guard Gasol/Aldridge than it is for Gasol/Aldridge to guard the Warriors.

Of course but the Spurs have most likely chance bc of their perimeter defenders Leonard and Green. They have the personnel to do it but with that many options on offense it will be impossible for anyone to try and slow down the GS offense. I am more interested in how the offense flows, KD is a team player more than people think but at times he forced shots. Lets see how long it takes to adjusts to the team, honestly I don't think it will be a problem though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cavs- TT- hahahahahaha

jazz- gobert or go home

Just curious is this list a comparison of all the centers you would rather have over Pachulia, or just defensively and for fit purposes for the Warriors?

Of course there are tons of better players out there, but realistically the Warriors have no shot at getting. Saying you'd rather have X of Y, makes no difference if you couldn't realistically have X. Of course the Warriors would love to have Marc Gasol, but that's not happening. Why say Pachulia is garbage in comparison?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious is this list a comparison of all the centers you would rather have over Pachulia, or just defensively and for fit purposes for the Warriors?

Of course there are tons of better players out there, but realistically the Warriors have no shot at getting. Saying you'd rather have X of Y, makes no difference if you couldn't realistically have X. Of course the Warriors would love to have Marc Gasol, but that's not happening. Why say Pachulia is garbage in comparison?

Hes just saying defensively not overall. Hes saying hes a top3-4 worst defensive center which is 100% wrong

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was just saying strictly on defense

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts, strictly based on defense alone.

Boston- Amir Johnson - Pachulia is better.
Toronto? JV? Nope
Nets? Lopez? Lopez is a notoriously bad defender and rebounder. Overall Lopez is better because he's a beast offensively, but defensively Pachulia is much better.
Knicks? Noah, although health is always a factor. But Noah, still
76'ers- Noel is better. Embiid hasn't played a game so you can't say he is quite yet. Okafor is a horrible defender. Not even close there. There's a reason why the 76ers are trying to shop him and haven't found any takers. It's not because his offen

bulls- robin lopez. Lopez is much better than Pachulia
cavs- TT. Also much better than Pachulia.
pacers- myles turner- Turner is a better rim protector, but Pachulia is a much better rebounder. Kind of a wash, imo.
pistons - Drummond by a mile.
bucks- Monroe is terrible defensively. Pachulia by a mile.

hawks- dwight howard- Howard again by a mile.
Heat- Whiteside- by a mile.
Magic- Vucevic isn't a great defender but he's servicable. Biyombo is much better though.
Wizards--- Gortat is better.

clippers- Deandre- better
lakers- mozgov- wash, imo. There was a reason Mozgof got buried on the bench last year. He's a decent rebounder but he's not great defensively either.
suns- Len is probably a bit better.
kings- demarcus- Cousins defense is suspect at times, but I'll give him the edge here too.

mavericks- bogut-
rockets-- clint capela- Capela's weak side defense is good, but he's not quite up to par on man to man defense just yet. I'd pick Pachulia for now, but Capela by a mile in the future.
grizzlies--- Gasol
pelicans- Pachulia. Asik is washed. Ajinca isn't that good either.
Spurs- Arguable here defensively. Gasol isn't a very good defender anymore, as evidenced last year with the Bulls. I think it's a wash here.

Nuggets- Jokic is better
Minnesota- KAT and Dieng much better
Thunder--- Adams much better
Blazers---- Plumlee-Pachulia is better
jazz- gobert - miles better.