• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the Warriors' biggest threat in the Western Conference?

Biggest threat to GS out West?

• Spurs

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Clippers

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rockets

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Trail Blazers

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is this fellow draymond green who can defend the post. Not sure it you heard of him?

I would love to see Draymond Green play center versus offensively talented 7 footers for the entire game.
Heck, raw as fuck Adams chewed him up....were it not for crazy unpredictable Westbrook losing his mind, the Thunder big men would have won that series easily.

Then Tristan freaking Thompson treated the Ws like he was Wilt Chamberlain.
That was with some rim protection size and experience in Bogut/Ezeli. They don't have much of any now.

That small ball lineup is fine in small spurts to jumpstart on offense
When Golden State is playing at warp speed looking for a kill shot, it works.

It is not a base every minute lineup though.
They cannot do that for the entire game. It takes way too much energy.
He is a good defender, but he is not a low post big man defender for more than small ball lineup runs.

They are very vulnerable to size.
Unless all those super youngsters emerge, it will be an Achilles heel for a good coach to exploit.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GSW would likely win a series in 5 or 6 games wth SAS, as the 3 pointers will outscore the 2 pointers

But, GS can lose to a team with some size (Clippers, Cavs, Spurs, Grizzlies) if the 3-pointers are just a little bit cold.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Draymond Green play center versus offensively talented 7 footers for the entire game.
Heck, raw as fuck Adams chewed him up....were it not for crazy unpredictable Westbrook losing his mind, the Thunder big men would have won that series easily.

Then Tristan freaking Thompson treated the Ws like he was Wilt Chamberlain.
That was with some rim protection size and experience in Bogut/Ezeli. They don't have much of any now.

That small ball lineup is fine in small spurts to jumpstart on offense
When Golden State is playing at warp speed looking for a kill shot, it works.

It is not a base every minute lineup though.
They cannot do that for the entire game. It takes way too much energy.
He is a good defender, but he is not a low post big man defender for more than small ball lineup runs.

They are very vulnerable to size.
Unless all those super youngsters emerge, it will be an Achilles heel for a good coach to exploit.

First off lets not act like tristian thompson is the main part
Of
The offense. Its lbj and irving people will help off him same goes with adams with KD and westbrook being thr vocal point. Draymond and zaza will probably do fine enough against the spurs bigs IMO. Also no rim protection for the spurs with gasol at center. Also im pretty confident in draymond on either aldridge or gasol IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GSW would likely win a series in 5 or 6 games wth SAS, as the 3 pointers will outscore the 2 pointers

But, GS can lose to a team with some size (Clippers, Cavs, Spurs, Grizzlies) if the 3-pointers are just a little bit cold.

I think they have to be harrison barnes bad to lose

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sacramento Kings, GSW won't be able to handle that all center lineup of doom.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State undoubtedly has the most talented roster in the NBA, but they aren't flawless. But, the question is, who has the potential (if any) to take them down?

If someone says Grizzlies with serious thought I think I might puke...Chandler Parsons is such a fucking hack.

I've been saying Parsons is overrated for years.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also no rim protection for the spurs with gasol at center

Gasol is actually a very good rim defender and shot altering backstop.
His liabilities come from defending space and definitely on the pick and roll.

The Warriors are good at the pick-and-roll, but they rely on run outs and transition offense.
They are very efficient when they do it, but their frequency is one of the lowest of playoff teams.

The Ws can do it, but they seem far more interested in spacing and transition offense.
I just don't seen them changing their entire offensive philosophy when they play SA.

If the Spurs don't turn the ball over, Gasol's defense is very helpful versus a team like GSW.
If the Spurs turn it over, it doesn't really matter who is back there....a young Hakeem would not help.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors are good at the pick-and-roll, but they rely on run outs and transition offense.
They are very efficient when they do it, but their frequency is one of the lowest of playoff teams.

The Ws can do it, but they seem far more interested in spacing and transition offense.
I just don't seen them changing their entire offensive philosophy when they play SA.

If the Spurs don't turn the ball over, Gasol's defense is very helpful versus a team like GSW.
If the Spurs turn it over, it doesn't really matter who is back there....a young Hakeem would not help.

Spurs are better coached and the game slows down in the playoffs. That is an advantage to the spurs. The heat got exploited by big guys vs dallas in their first year.

I would also point out young and upcoming team like the wolves could be challenging them very soon.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see any team as a serious threat to the Warriors right now, regardless of conference...If they can stay healthy, not sure who could beat them...However, there are still moves to be made, either between now and the start of the season or by the trade deadline that could REALLY shake things up(like Westbrook being moved)

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The L.A. Lakers
LMAO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs are better coached and the game slows down in the playoffs. That is an advantage to the spurs. The heat got exploited by big guys vs dallas in their first year.

I would also point out young and upcoming team like the wolves could be challenging them very soon.

They can play any style

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is gasol gonna do chasing steph, klay or KD?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not the reason the Heat lost to the Mavs.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any team other than GSW come out of the West, it'll be a gigantic failure for the organization. GS needs to win the next few Finals or they will be a LOL.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston is going to open some eyes this year. Mike D'Antoni will open up the offense and not rely on Harden all the time. Gordon, Anderson, and Nene are much better fits than Dwight Howard and Terrence Jones. And yes, they still have some defensive-minded guys in Beverly, Ariza, Brewer, and Capela.
I still don't think they will defend well at all. They should he fun to watch with a lot of high scoring games in the regular season, but I don't see them as a threat in the playoffs.