• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the Warriors' biggest threat in the Western Conference?

Biggest threat to GS out West?

• Spurs

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Clippers

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rockets

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Trail Blazers

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pachulia is way better than what youre giving him respect for on defense. Hes just so smart at preventing players from going into the paint, knows where to be positioned at the right time, high IQ on that end too.

Dude, you can't have a All Nba player at every position.

Pachulia takes the L.

But, you still have the ability to outscore everyone.

Dray and Klay will mitigate KD's defensive lapses.

Zaza is a good get with what the Warriors had to offer.

He's not garbage, he's serviceable.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
il ltell ya- you are pretty optimistic about David West...i watched hte playoffs and did not see the guy have even 1 significant moment--- and now another year of age and hes gonna be better?

realistically- this is a guy that should not be playing more more than 15 minutes a night now. Hes a decent vet- but there is no way you can count on him- i mean -especially imagine this guy trying to play 20 minutes a night for an entire NBA season with the workload as basically the ONLY other big man on the team besides Pachulia.

im just saying- David West is 36...you will be lucky if he is healthy nad ready to contribute 15 minutes a night when the playoffs come around- i just dont see what you see here.

Pachulia was a decent get for the cash especially- but he offers pretty much zero defense...his passing i think is the thing that will help the most with the Warriors- but again- offensive skill.

ill say it till im blue in the face (and you KNOW - just KNOW- i will...heh)....until the Warriors get a credible big man who can protect the rim- they will be vulnerable. --- to the Cavs at least- and i think the Spurs as well...

but we shall see- that is why they play the games. Still time to fill out a roster- and the buyout deadline might offer an interesting option out there.

I'm not so much concerned about how Zaza and West will do in the playoffs as I am getting through the regular season and keeping KD and Draymond fresh. I think I read somewhere that before the Zaza signing, Kerr was thinking about going with Draymond as the starting center. I realize that Zaza is about average and that David West is a bench player at this point in his career, but the importance of these guys is that they should be able to soak up minutes and keep KD and Draymond from having to play too much of the 4 and the 5.

Pachulia is not a shot blocker, but that doesn't mean he offers zero defense. I've read that he does a good job of positioning himself to clog up lanes. Also, at 275 lbs., he is not easy to back down. He is also very good at rebounding.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you can't have a All Nba player at every position.

Pachulia takes the L.

But, you still have the ability to outscore everyone.

Dray and Klay will mitigate KD's defensive lapses.

Zaza is a good get with what the Warriors had to offer.

He's not garbage, he's serviceable.

Yeah, he's way more than what the Warriors could reasonably expect with the money they had left.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so much concerned about how Zaza and West will do in the playoffs as I am getting through the regular season and keeping KD and Draymond fresh. I think I read somewhere that before the Zaza signing, Kerr was thinking about going with Draymond as the starting center. I realize that Zaza is about average and that David West is a bench player at this point in his career, but the importance of these guys is that they should be able to soak up minutes and keep KD and Draymond from having to play too much of the 4 and the 5.

Pachulia is not a shot blocker, but that doesn't mean he offers zero defense. I've read that he does a good job of positioning himself to clog up lanes. Also, at 275 lbs., he is not easy to back down. He is also very good at rebounding.

You get it.

Nobody is expecting this guy to be Rudy Gobert.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get it.

Nobody is expecting this guy to be Rudy Gobert.

Thanks! An interesting factoid about Pachulia is that his uncle is some tycoon back in the former Soviet states and that his uncle gave Pachulia land worth about $100M on the condition that he stays married for five years. I believe he's fulfilled the five years already. No wonder he doesn't mind playing for less than he's worth.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I had an uncle like that. I've been married for 6 years!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another SDI!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's safe but maybe too close to overturn

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I alone here?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just figured it out, I'm in the wrong thread LOL

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the Clippers. Adding Raymond Felton will surely bring a championship to LA. That dude can straight up Ball.

I really want to see a fully healthy Clipper team. I really think that would be a lot of fun and competitive. A healthy Griffin with his midrange playing off the ball on a CP3/Jordan pick and roll with Reddick waiting at the 3pt line. Doubt it will happen, doubt even that would be good enough to win a series, but would be a lot more fun basketball.