• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is our next head coach?

Next head coach?

• Washington Redskins OC Sean McVay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami Dolphins DC Vance Joseph

• Arizona Cardinals OC Harold Goodwin

• Buffalo Bills Interim Head Coach Anthony Lynn

• Carolina Panthers SC Steve Wilks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few others on the no way in hell list of Rams HC prospects are...
  • Barry Switzer
  • Nick Saban
  • Urban Myers
  • Bob Stoops

I'm not crazy about Switzer personally, but I agree about the rest... I especially think Saban could do good things in the NFL, kinda like Carroll after some years back in college...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's not as old as Barry (79) but he's still pretty freaking old at 70.

True, but he still has that itch, which I really like!!! Doesn't Bruce Arians have a bunch of guys on his staff who are older like that? Thought I read that he did, but not positive since I read so many articles...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
azcardinals.com | Coaches

Looks like there are at least 2 or 3 in their 70's on the staff...

As for Coughlin...As a NYer, I saw Coughlin throughout his career here... He had his ups and downs but his guys always seemed like they'd run through a wall if he told them to...Two Super Bowl wins confirms that a bit... Again, not a guy we'd be able to count on long term(due to his age)...But a guy who could point this team in the right direction and put the right guys under him to take over when he does decide to retire...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marv Levy said he'd come back to coach the Bills if they asked him. Maybe he'll move to LA!

Ole Marv has gotta be getting up there in age!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have offered the DC job to Greg Williams. He has till Monday to accept or decline.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he takes it... get the hell out of here before it's too late.

Yeah but its the Browns. You would have to offer me a boat load of money to move from LA to Cleveland lol

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but its the Browns. You would have to offer me a boat load of money to move from LA to Cleveland lol
For him, it'd be a lot less pressure moving to Cleveland than in Los Angeles. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back in Washington to be their DC again either since they just canned a bunch of their defensive staff.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am SO lost as to who would be the right guy for the job... However, I feel like Snead is becoming a hindrance to our purpose right now and we should just let him go... I'm not sure that a guy like McDaniels is the right guy, but if he feels like Snead is a hindrance, he's probably not the only one. We need to think of the LONG term of this team and not just the next year or so...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am SO lost as to who would be the right guy for the job... However, I feel like Snead is becoming a hindrance to our purpose right now and we should just let him go... I'm not sure that a guy like McDaniels is the right guy, but if he feels like Snead is a hindrance, he's probably not the only one. We need to think of the LONG term of this team and not just the next year or so...
I might be missing something here but why would we keep on a GM if the guy we hire might want to have personnel decisions and can Snead anyways?
As for who we get, I have no clue who is even the front runner at this point. I think we could do a lot worse than Kyle Shanahan. I just hope that whomever it is will run the team better than Fisher and actually go about the correct course to fix mistakes instead of ignoring them week after week, year after year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Patricia.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Goff May Cause Top HC Candidates To Go Elsewhere

Without speaking a word, could Rams QB Jared Goff cause the Rams an opportunity to land one of the top HC Candidates?
by misone Jan 7, 2017, 5:00pm CST TWEET
Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports

No one knows how the Los Angeles Rams head coaching search will turn out. The Rams have cast a wide net over potential candidates to fill the role, but the outcome can go in any direction.

It's obvious that the Rams could use a huge boost on offense after finishing with the worst offensive output this team has seen over the course of a season in decades. Lucky for L.A., the top two HC candidates available this year are two of the greatest offensive masterminds in the NFL today.

The Rams are interviewing New England Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, as well as Atlanta Falcons OC Kyle Shannahan.

McDaniels has a history with the Rams and their front office, as he was just the OC for the team only five years ago. It is rumored he had a great relationship with the front office and that relationship is still in good standing. Shannahan, is an adjustment guru that can mold his offense to fit any type of player with any type of skill set.
However, neither reportedly have the Rams at the top of their list for where they'd want to land ideally.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, McDaniels prefers the 49ers vacancy. Rotoworld.com offered this elaboration;

McDaniels has interviews lined up with the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams. San Francisco has the worst roster but their GM vacancy could be important to McDaniels, who may want full control. The 49ers' second-overall pick is another selling point over Jacksonville and Los Angeles. It's also possible McDaniels wants to bring Patriots director of personnel Nick Caserio wherever he lands.

As for Shannahan, Rotoworld had this to say;

"The word with people involved in coaching searches and gathering all of this information is that that's the job Shanahan has his eyes on—going to Denver where his father coached," said Garafolo Wednesday on Up to the Minute Live. Of the six coaching vacancies around the league, the Denver job is easily the most appealing. The opportunity for Shanahan to follow in his father's footsteps would just be icing on the cake. Shanahan is also being courted by the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams but if the Broncos offer him a job, we'd be shocked if he turned it down.

Its understandable why the two coveted OC's would be interested in these opportunities. As what the 49ers and Broncos have to offer them is enticing. But to be honest, if the Rams miss out, it might have more to do with what the Rams have/don’t have to offer that may turn them away....

My moment of honesty:

I think the Rams will miss out on the two big names for a head coach in McDaniels and Shannahan. And the reason being, Jared Goff

1. He sucked and they probably don't believe in him and want their own guy, as is the case with the vast majority of coaching changes. However the front office might frown at that idea because of how heavily invested they are.
  2. Speaking of investments. The trade to get him left the Rams without a first and currently the likelihood of only two picks on Day 2 — one pick guaranteed — of the 2017 NFL Draft. A team in need of a big time play maker on both sides of the ball, and a lack of a first round pick in a draft flooded with big time play makers projected in the first round, has to hurt their chances.
The one thing to keep in mind about being as coveted as McDaniels and Shanahan; you don’t have to settle for anything less than what you want. If I had to list and rank the top three candidates that are most likely to land the Rams HC job, I’d say it would be as follows:

1. Matt Patricia
  2. Sean McVay
  3. Anthony Lynn
Still very good options, but when it comes to the top candidates available, the Jared Goff move last year might have screwed the team this year...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Goff May Cause Top HC Candidates To Go Elsewhere

Without speaking a word, could Rams QB Jared Goff cause the Rams an opportunity to land one of the top HC Candidates?
by misone Jan 7, 2017, 5:00pm CST TWEET
Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports

No one knows how the Los Angeles Rams head coaching search will turn out. The Rams have cast a wide net over potential candidates to fill the role, but the outcome can go in any direction.

It's obvious that the Rams could use a huge boost on offense after finishing with the worst offensive output this team has seen over the course of a season in decades. Lucky for L.A., the top two HC candidates available this year are two of the greatest offensive masterminds in the NFL today.

The Rams are interviewing New England Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, as well as Atlanta Falcons OC Kyle Shannahan.

McDaniels has a history with the Rams and their front office, as he was just the OC for the team only five years ago. It is rumored he had a great relationship with the front office and that relationship is still in good standing. Shannahan, is an adjustment guru that can mold his offense to fit any type of player with any type of skill set.
However, neither reportedly have the Rams at the top of their list for where they'd want to land ideally.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, McDaniels prefers the 49ers vacancy. Rotoworld.com offered this elaboration;

McDaniels has interviews lined up with the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams. San Francisco has the worst roster but their GM vacancy could be important to McDaniels, who may want full control. The 49ers' second-overall pick is another selling point over Jacksonville and Los Angeles. It's also possible McDaniels wants to bring Patriots director of personnel Nick Caserio wherever he lands.

As for Shannahan, Rotoworld had this to say;

"The word with people involved in coaching searches and gathering all of this information is that that's the job Shanahan has his eyes on—going to Denver where his father coached," said Garafolo Wednesday on Up to the Minute Live. Of the six coaching vacancies around the league, the Denver job is easily the most appealing. The opportunity for Shanahan to follow in his father's footsteps would just be icing on the cake. Shanahan is also being courted by the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams but if the Broncos offer him a job, we'd be shocked if he turned it down.

Its understandable why the two coveted OC's would be interested in these opportunities. As what the 49ers and Broncos have to offer them is enticing. But to be honest, if the Rams miss out, it might have more to do with what the Rams have/don’t have to offer that may turn them away....

My moment of honesty:

I think the Rams will miss out on the two big names for a head coach in McDaniels and Shannahan. And the reason being, Jared Goff

1. He sucked and they probably don't believe in him and want their own guy, as is the case with the vast majority of coaching changes. However the front office might frown at that idea because of how heavily invested they are.
  2. Speaking of investments. The trade to get him left the Rams without a first and currently the likelihood of only two picks on Day 2 — one pick guaranteed — of the 2017 NFL Draft. A team in need of a big time play maker on both sides of the ball, and a lack of a first round pick in a draft flooded with big time play makers projected in the first round, has to hurt their chances.
The one thing to keep in mind about being as coveted as McDaniels and Shanahan; you don’t have to settle for anything less than what you want. If I had to list and rank the top three candidates that are most likely to land the Rams HC job, I’d say it would be as follows:

1. Matt Patricia
  2. Sean McVay
  3. Anthony Lynn
Still very good options, but when it comes to the top candidates available, the Jared Goff move last year might have screwed the team this year...

Boy, after reading that, its clear what your agenda is!! :L