• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is on your NFL Mt Rushmore?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No respect for the Patriots??

A bit surprised at some of the answers so far.

They are #5 for sure, but like someone else mentioned, most of their successes have come with Brady and Bellicheck, which is excellent for them, but the other teams have shown high level of success with multiple coach/QB combos over multiple decades.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Modell
Al Davis
Jerry Jones
Johnny Manziel (shortest career before entering rehab)

Oh...wait. This is supposed to be the NFL's Mt. Rushmore, not its Hall of Shame. :doh:

Sorry, my mistake. :L

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll add the Patriots to the NFL Mt. Rushmore right after they add Bush or Obama to the real Mt. Rushmore.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Modell
Al Davis
Jerry Jones
Johnny Manziel (shortest career before entering rehab)

Oh...wait. This is supposed to be the NFL's Mt. Rushmore, not its Hall of Shame. :doh:

Sorry, my mistake. :L

Umm...Art Modell did a tremendous amount of good for the NFL. He would be a slam dunk for the HOF without the move from Cleveland and it's actually ridiculous that he's not in while Al Davis is.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots have a great recent history but if you have to go with the top 4 franchises for the entire history of the NFL, these four are the most noteworthy.

Niners
Steelers
Cowboys
Packers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...Art Modell did a tremendous amount of good for the NFL. He would be a slam dunk for the HOF without the move from Cleveland and it's actually ridiculous that he's not in while Al Davis is.

Modell did a tremendous amount of good for the NFL? BULLSHIT!!!!!! I'll give him credit for getting Monday Night Football going but that's it. Seriously...he did not do a "tremendous amount of good for the NFL"...it was ONE thing!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are #5 for sure, but like someone else mentioned, most of their successes have come with Brady and Bellicheck, which is excellent for them, but the other teams have shown high level of success with multiple coach/QB combos over multiple decades.

:thumb:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going to leave out the coach that won FOUR Super Bowls in SIX years?!?!?!? :L :doh: :gaah:

Again. You have 4, FOUR, coaches of all time. Yeah Noll was a great coach as was Gibbs, Shula etc.

It sure helps for Noll that you had one of the best defenses of all time, two HOF receivers, running game etc. He gets a lot of credit for that but he could have been swigging vodka on the sidelines and the Steelers would have still been great.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going to leave out the coach that won FOUR Super Bowls in SIX years?!?!?!? :L :doh: :gaah:

Why does it matter if 4 championships were won a in 6 years stretch or 20? And with that, if a coach hypothetically had a losing record in 16 of his 20 years but had 4 championships in a 6 year stretch, do you think he's automatically on the list because of a few years and not because of the overall body of work? Same goes with your logic on Bradshaw.

Your Steeler homerism here is absurd and probably preventing rational thought. I just hope you don't think Chase Utley is the best 2B ever because he had a great 5 year stretch.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're leaving off the QB from those four Superbowls and two-time Super Bowl MVP?!?!? :spit:

When I was watching football at the time. Bradshaw was a bit of joke early on in his career. That was probably for a reason. In the later Superbowls Bradshaw was definitely not a joke.

But is he better than Montana, Brady, Elway or Unitas? I don't think so.