• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is on your NFL Mt Rushmore?

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it matter if 4 championships were won a in 6 years stretch or 20? And with that, if a coach hypothetically had a losing record in 16 of his 20 years but had 4 championships in a 6 year stretch, do you think he's automatically on the list because of a few years and not because of the overall body of work? Same goes with your logic on Bradshaw.

Your hypothetical WOULD discount the Steelers success IF it happened, which it DIDN'T as those old enough to remember saw and the youngins' can read about.

Noll won those (as did Beradshaw) in the Golden Age of football, when you had to play a stacked Miami, Denver, Oakland team just to get to play a stacked Minnesota or Dallas team, the league hadn't been watered down yet.

Your Steeler homerism here is absurd and probably preventing rational thought. I just hope you don't think Chase Utley is the best 2B ever because he had a great 5 year stretch.

No, but I will admit that I thought he was the best 2B in the league before his body crapped out on him. I would say Ryne Sandberg and Joe Morgan would be up at the top of my best 2b (post WWII) ever.

:suds:

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was watching football at the time. Bradshaw was a bit of joke early on in his career. That was probably for a reason. In the later Superbowls Bradshaw was definitely not a joke.

But is he better than Montana, Brady, Elway or Unitas? I don't think so.

I think the way he juggled all those egos and meted out the ball was most impressive given all the eventual Hall of Famers he had to deal with........that's all I'm sayin'.

Brady is similar in that regard, just working with slightly lesser talent.......

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Brett Fav-Re?

--Ted Strohman

Another great one although at the tail end of his career he became something of playoff poison. (But I'm sure he's not the only one)

It's still the same issue. I put out the 4 best QBs of all time in my opinion that could be enshrined on a Mount Rushmore.

Brady and Montana are pretty safe.

Elway? A pretty clutch performer who absolutely did more with less than almost any QB. How many times did he get to the Superbowl carrying the Bronco's on his back (although they had good defenses too)

Unitas? The man who defined the 2 minute drill and brought the NFL into the modern age with the "Greatest Game" of all time.

The case needs to be made that Favre or Bradshaw is more deserving than these guys...

In my mind no but make your case.

Even then if someone like Unitas or Elway gets dropped I wonderif Favre and Bradshaw would replace them. There are a lot of others that might be more deserving.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the way he juggled all those egos and meted out the ball was most impressive given all the eventual Hall of Famers he had to deal with........that's all I'm sayin'.

Brady is similar in that regard, just working with slightly lesser talent.......

I know people made fun of his intelligence and he was prone to mistakes earlier on in his career but I grant you that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be a great QB. So you could make the case he's underrated (for a HOFer)

But best 4 QBs of all time? I just don't think he makes the cut.

Players not on my list are the likes of Manning, Marino, Favre, Starr, Graham etc. A pretty elite category.

Last edited by a moderator:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
halas
payton
brown
montana

This pretty much sums it up...........

The founder of the NFL
2 of the top 2 rbs of all-time
and arguably the greatest qb of all-time.

Those 3 of 4 seem like they are in the mix of all-time greats no matter the topic.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,358.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
halas
payton
brown
montana

This pretty much sums it up...........

The founder of the NFL
2 of the top 2 rbs of all-time
and arguably the greatest qb of all-time.

Those 3 of 4 seem like they are in the mix of all-time greats no matter the topic.

Cant have all time greats without Rice 7,000 more yards 41 more TDs and 2000 more receptions than anyone else:suds::suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can have all time greats without Rice 7,000 more yards 41 more TDs and 2000 more receptions than anyone else:suds::suds:

Lost me with the 2000 more receptions? I think he only only had like 1500 himself

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can have all time greats without Rice 7,000 more yards 41 more TDs and 2000 more receptions than anyone else:suds::suds:

it just seems like montana gets more recognized for the 9ers accoplishments than Rice does.

But yeah he`d be a good choice,just not mine.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great one although at the tail end of his career he became something of playoff poison. (But I'm sure he's not the only one)

It's still the same issue. I put out the 4 best QBs of all time in my opinion that could be enshrined on a Mount Rushmore.

Brady and Montana are pretty safe.

Elway? A pretty clutch performer who absolutely did more with less than almost any QB. How many times did he get to the Superbowl carrying the Bronco's on his back (although they had good defenses too)

Unitas? The man who defined the 2 minute drill and brought the NFL into the modern age with the "Greatest Game" of all time.

The case needs to be made that Favre or Bradshaw is more deserving than these guys...

In my mind no but make your case.

Even then if someone like Unitas or Elway gets dropped I wonderif Favre and Bradshaw would replace them. There are a lot of others that might be more deserving.

Kinda hard to keep Dan Marino off the Mt. Rushmore of QBs. Yes, he doesn't have a ring. Also, the Manning/Brady era strongly favors the passing game. Marino's career numbers are in their league and he did it in more of a power football era

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,680.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't around pre superbowl era.

My coaching Mt. Rushmore (superbowl era)
Would be Lombardi (the george Washington of coaches)
Tom Landry & Bill Walsh who both completely changed football with what they brought to the game.
& of course Don Shula who had won more football games than any other coach in football.

No disrespect to newer coaches, but to be a Mt. Rushmore of coaches you couldn't be apart of a new age (rules) of coaching. but about history.

Now I am sure people can easily make cases for many coaches before the superbowl era. Which probably really cant be argued. but in my case went with a bit closer to what I know.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Griese
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Jay Cutler

No argument is needed. I'm sculpting their faces into a mountain side as we speak.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Griese
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Jay Cutler

No argument is needed. I'm sculpting their faces into a mountain side as we speak.

Hopefully that's a mountain of soap so the rain can wash away these vividly bad memories.lol

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England
San Francisco
Green Bay
Pittsburg