• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Has a Shot at a National Title in 2020

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll say, it would shock me if MinnyU has a loss before the playoff next season. I think they get upset in the NC game but by doing that Fleck will be the third best coach currently coaching in college football. 2021, they’ve gotta be the favorites.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the other teams in the cfp in 2020, I'd say OSU, Clemson, Georgia and either Oregon/Wash, Oklahoma or Bama/LSU. Not my official prediction, just my "Way too early prediction".

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll say, it would shock me if MinnyU has a loss before the playoff next season. I think they get upset in the NC game but by doing that Fleck will be the third best coach currently coaching in college football. 2021, they’ve gotta be the favorites.

Dude, I'd love it if you were serious and not just messing with me. But I know you know we lost a ton on defense and have to play Iowa in our 3rd game of the year(tough game for our young defense). Might not be our toughest opponent next year, that may be Wisconsin in Wisconsin, and of course OSU in the B1G title game, but by the time we play both UW and OSU the defense will have lots of time to grow up and improve. That early game vs Iowa is the one I'm most worried about. FAU in our first game of the year might be a tough game as well. FAU finished this year ranked #27 in both polls.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'd love it if you were serious and not just messing with me. But I know you know we lost a ton on defense and have to play Iowa in our 3rd game of the year(tough game for our young defense). Might not be our toughest opponent next year, that may be Wisconsin in Wisconsin, and of course OSU in the B1G title game, but by the time we play both UW and OSU the defense will have lots of time to grow up and improve. That early game vs Iowa is the one I'm most worried about. FAU in our first game of the year might be a tough game as well. FAU finished this year ranked #27 in both polls.

It crushes me that you don’t trust me to be serious in this matter.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, like I said, I hope you are being serious!! I did predict 10-2 for the Gophers going into last year over at the GopherHole, so I was very positive compared to most Gopher fans, I think I was the only one there that did predict 10 regular season wins? It's just that losing Antoine Winfield, is going to be hard to replace. Johnson on offense, as well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of the Internet??? lol

Gophers have had at least one recruit every year of Fleck's time at Minnesota, so far, who never once visited the school/met the Head Coach.

UMn's # of Minnesota natives on the roster has dropped since Fleck took over, there are almost as many players on the roster from Georgia and Floria, or from Texas and Missouri. Or from Ohio and Kentucky.

Getting players from those states and getting elite recruits from those states are two ENTIRELY different things.

I think OSU signed more 5 star recruits this past year than Minnesota has 4 star recruits on their entire roster. But yeah — you will win a title. :L

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting players from those states and getting elite recruits from those states are two ENTIRELY different things.

I think OSU signed more 5 star recruits this past year than Minnesota has 4 star recruits on their entire roster. But yeah — you will win a title. :L

Just STFU dude, we've heard you bs broken record same line forever now. We get it, you believe no team outside of Clemson, OSU, SEC ever will win a title, EVER.

I can't wait to play Michigan in a few months. Will you at least STFU after my Gophers beat your Wolverines?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just STFU dude, we've heard you bs broken record same line forever now. We get it, you believe no team outside of Clemson, OSU, SEC ever will win a title, EVER.

I can't wait to play Michigan in a few months. Will you at least STFU after my Gophers beat your Wolverines?

What happens when you wake up?

Gophers will get smoked.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Minnesotas record vs Michigan since 2000?

How does that matter? Seriously? Fleck is 0-1, lost to Michigan in his very first year at UMn. And even that isn't relevant.

Is it? Fess up, you know the answer to that question.

Just like our beating Wisconsin last year apparently wasn't relevant this year. Go figure? Strange how that works, right?!

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 pages deep and no mention of Cincinnati?

What gives :noidea:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't trust the posters on the Hoop then all might be lost.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 pages deep and no mention of Cincinnati?

What gives :noidea:

Well, maybe they can go undefeated, playing no one, so barely get into a really crappy bowl, that they might be able to win, then claim a title like UCF fans did a few years back? lol

Honestly, I wish the Big 12 would take Cincy in, along with Memphis maybe?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like I said, I hope you are being serious!! I did predict 10-2 for the Gophers going into last year over at the GopherHole, so I was very positive compared to most Gopher fans, I think I was the only one there that did predict 10 regular season wins? It's just that losing Antoine Winfield, is going to be hard to replace. Johnson on offense, as well.

I actually like you are positive and really love your team. That’s seriously cool to see. (I’m very pessimistic about mine)

But you have to be real here man. Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa own you guys. If you do manage to get past all of them, you’ll have to deal with Ohio state. As you stated you lose a lot on defense. Also your OC is now at Penn State. It’s very hard to see MinnyU as a team that could compete for the 2020 title.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like you are positive and really love your team. That’s seriously cool to see. (I’m very pessimistic about mine)

But you have to be real here man. Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa own you guys. If you do manage to get past all of them, you’ll have to deal with Ohio state. As you stated you lose a lot on defense. Also your OC is now at Penn State. It’s very hard to see MinnyU as a team that could compete for the 2020 title.

But, but, but.....they have an excellent DANCE TEAM!

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't made my prediction yet, but after much praying, study analytics, rationale and soul searching it will be:

Michigan

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't made my prediction yet, but after much praying, study analytics, rationale and soul searching it will be:

Michigan

I mean, I knew who was going to be under the spoiler tag, but I couldn't resist making sure.