• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Has a Shot at a National Title in 2020

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one agreed with that either.

You see, you are a special kind of stupid. Impressively stupid. You're that type of stupid that they resevere portions in the federal budget for.

You mean, like the ‘special kind of stupid’ fans, who think a school with no in state talent, next to no talent in surrounding states are going to be a national power in today’s CFB?!?

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We live in a system where one loss automatically means your season is over.

God do I just love the playoffs...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We live in a system where one loss automatically means your season is over.

God do I just love the playoffs...

One loss & season over? In 2014 Ohio State had one loss. Won it all. 2015 Bama had one loss. Won it all. 2016 Clemson had one loss. Won it all. 2017 Bama had one loss. Won it all.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One loss & season over? In 2014 Ohio State had one loss. Won it all. 2015 Bama had one loss. Won it all. 2016 Clemson had one loss. Won it all. 2017 Bama had one loss. Won it all.

True. And besides that, Penn St. usually has two losses. That'll eliminate ya every time.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice four examples you got there...

2014:
Baylor 1 loss? Too bad.
TCU 1 loss? Too bad.
2015:
Iowa 1 loss? Too bad.
Ohio State 1 loss? Too bad.
Houston 1 loss? Too bad.
2016:
Western Michigan undefeated? Too bad.
2017:
Wisconsin 1 loss? Too bad.
UCF undefeated? Too bad.
2018:
UCF undefeated? Too bad.
2019:
Memphis 1 loss? Too bad.
Boise State 1 loss? Too bad.
Appalachian State 1 loss? Too bad.

Can I bring in all the conference champions as well? Big Ten & Pac 12 don't seem to get represented consistently unlike SEC, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

This system has always been bad. Either make an actual playoff or just go back to 1v2.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, which one of you smarties picked LSU to win 2019 a year ago? Show the link to get the creds.

Bama ain't gonna win.
OSUx ain't gonna win.
Clemson ain't gonna win.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, which one of you smarties picked LSU to win 2019 a year ago? Show the link to get the creds.

Bama ain't gonna win.
OSUx ain't gonna win.
Clemson ain't gonna win.
Not me!

I thought Ohio State was all of that and a shot of whiskey all year. Then, when they lost, I caucused with Clemson. I just went from dumb to dumber! Basically, I know nothing about "Big Boy" football.

Signed,

Iowa State Fan

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2014:
Baylor 1 loss? Too bad.
TCU 1 loss? Too bad.
2015:
Iowa 1 loss? Too bad.
Houston 1 loss? Too bad.
2016:
2017:
UCF undefeated? Too bad.
2018:
UCF undefeated? Too bad.
2019:
Memphis 1 loss? Too bad.

Can I bring in all the conference champions as well? Big Ten & Pac 12 don't seem to get represented consistently unlike SEC, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

This system has always been bad. Either make an actual playoff or just go back to 1v2.

It's 4 examples in 6 years. Sorry, but multiple one loss teams can't win it all. We've had 6 playoffs years and 9 teams have been undefeated and 15 one-loss teams have made it....yet, you want to bitch about the 13 that didn't...7 of which were G5 teams with shitty schedules, GTFO of here with that noise, I would rather go back to 1vs2 than a 16 team playoff, that's for fucking sure.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama ain't gonna win.
OSUx ain't gonna win.
Clemson ain't gonna win.

If I get those 3 teams and you get the field, I'll take my chances. Non of them have finished worse than 8th in the last 5 years and the only year one of them didn't finish first was this year, where they finished #2, and the trio has finished 1st, 2nd 3rd once and 1st and 2nd 3 times.

Since they finished 2,3 and 5 during this recruiting cycle I don't really see where this ends.

But go on, do tell us about Florida.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2014:
Baylor 1 loss? Too bad.
TCU 1 loss? Too bad.
2015:
Iowa 1 loss? Too bad.
Houston 1 loss? Too bad.
2016:
2017:
UCF undefeated? Too bad.
2018:
UCF undefeated? Too bad.
2019:
Memphis 1 loss? Too bad.

You said one loss & a teams season is over. That's incorrect. I gave you four examples of one loss teams that won it all. Not sure why you have an issue with that. Goes against you saying one loss & a teams season is over.

2014- Neither Baylor or TCU won their conference outright, they tied (the selection committee that year said that's why they were left out)

2015- Michigan State (with 1 loss) won the BigTen & got in.

2016-W. Michigan isn't a P5 program

2017- UCF isn't a P5 program. And Wisconsin didn't win their conference

2018- Ohio State had an ugly loss to Purdue, they didn't deserve to get in. UCF isn't a P5 program

2019- none of your example are P5 programs

So 6 of your examples (UCF twice) aren't P5 programs. No G5 teams have gotten in. That's just how the Playoff is set up. It's for P5 teams (and N.D.) only.

2014- three teams with one loss got in (Ohio State, Bama, Oregon)
2015- three teams with one loss got in (Bama, Michigan State, Oklahoma)
2016- three teams with one loss got in (Ohio State, Clemson, Washington)
2017- all four teams had one loss (Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia)

As far as you saying the BigTen & 12 Pac don't get represented have to disagree about the BigTen. 4 of the 6 years of the Playoff there's been a BigTen team. As far as the 12 Pac I guess they're the Rodney Dangerfield of CFB, they get no respect? But I disagree about the system being bad. And I don't miss the BS bcs era.

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, like the ‘special kind of stupid’ fans, who think a school with no in state talent, next to no talent in surrounding states are going to be a national power in today’s CFB?!?

That's it!!!

I'm going left and petitioning Congress, you either need more funding or a very late abortion.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it!!!

I'm going left and petitioning Congress, you either need more funding or a very late abortion.

Speaking of abortion.

13 wins in 3 years for Nebraska. Maybe Nebraska needs more funding.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said one loss & a teams season is over. That's incorrect. I gave you four examples of one loss teams that won it all. Not sure why you have an issue with that. Goes against you saying one loss & a teams season is over.
Except I clearly gave you a counter to that which explicitly shows proving my point.
2014- Neither Baylor or TCU won their conference outright, they tied (the selection committee that year said that's why they were left out)

2015- Michigan State (with 1 loss) won the BigTen & got in.

2016-W. Michigan isn't a P5 program

2017- UCF isn't a P5 program. And Wisconsin didn't win their conference

2018- Ohio State had an ugly loss to Purdue, they didn't deserve to get in. UCF isn't a P5 program

2019- none of your example are P5 programs
These aren't counters, my friend! You do realize that these teams since they lost one game, couldn't make it in? If they would've won that one game? Would they be in? That's the question.

As for P5, please, it's certainly possible for non-P5 teams to make it in, they just need to prove to themselves first and schedule better opponents.

Can you honestly say UCF & Clemson were that different? Both easy schedules and dominating seasons?
So 6 of your examples (UCF twice) aren't P5 programs. No G5 teams have gotten in. That's just how the Playoff is set up. It's for P5 teams (and N.D.) only.
Which is a flaw and supports my point. One loss, you're out. Double negative for G5 teams. Basketball doesn't have this problem thank god.

As far as you saying the BigTen & 12 Pac don't get represented have to disagree about the BigTen. 4 of the 6 years of the Playoff there's been a BigTen team. As far as the 12 Pac I guess they're the Rodney Dangerfield of CFB, they get no respect? But I disagree about the system being bad. And I don't miss the BS bcs era.
1) Nope. I said consistently, which the Big Ten isn't consistently represented.
2) I couldn't really care about the Pac 12 tbh, they just beat themselves up too much. But once again, consistently gets left unrepresented.
3) How is the system that only really gives 15-20 teams a chance good? At least have about 12 teams enter in, all P5 and G5 champions represented with six at large, set up as the NFL Playoffs as well. I don't possibly see how this is bad and why people would complain.
4) BCS wasn't good, but 1v2 atm makes more sense than what we got now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I clearly gave you a counter to that which explicitly shows proving my point.

These aren't counters, my friend! You do realize that these teams since they lost one game, couldn't make it in? If they would've won that one game? Would they be in? That's the question.

As for P5, please, it's certainly possible for non-P5 teams to make it in, they just need to prove to themselves first and schedule better opponents.

Can you honestly say UCF & Clemson were that different? Both easy schedules and dominating seasons?

Which is a flaw and supports my point. One loss, you're out. Double negative for G5 teams. Basketball doesn't have this problem thank god.

1) Nope. I said consistently, which the Big Ten isn't consistently represented.
2) I couldn't really care about the Pac 12 tbh, they just beat themselves up too much. But once again, consistently gets left unrepresented.
3) How is the system that only really gives 15-20 teams a chance good? At least have about 12 teams enter in, all P5 and G5 champions represented with six at large, set up as the NFL Playoffs as well. I don't possibly see how this is bad and why people would complain.
4) BCS wasn't good, but 1v2 atm makes more sense than what we got now.

How have you proven my point, by listing G5 teams that don't have the same SoS as P5 programs? And how many of those 1 loss teams that didn't get in weren't P5 conference champs? You keep saying one loss & a team's out. But that's incorrect.

1. So 4 outta 6 years (67%) isn't consistent enough for you? Okay, to each their own.
2. You don't care about the Pac 12 yet you mentioned them. Seems that you do care they have so few Playoff appearances. Otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned them.
3. I already mentioned SoS between P5 & G5 teams. You want a 12 team playoff? Don't think many would agree with that.
4. So only having 2 options (bcs) is better than the current 4 team system? I disagree.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<---

If I get those 3 teams and you get the field, I'll take my chances. Non of them have finished worse than 8th in the last 5 years and the only year one of them didn't finish first was this year, where they finished #2, and the trio has finished 1st, 2nd 3rd once and 1st and 2nd 3 times.

Since they finished 2,3 and 5 during this recruiting cycle I don't really see where this ends.

But go on, do tell us about Florida.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ever heard of the Internet??? lol

Gophers have had at least one recruit every year of Fleck's time at Minnesota, so far, who never once visited the school/met the Head Coach.

UMn's # of Minnesota natives on the roster has dropped since Fleck took over, there are almost as many players on the roster from Georgia and Floria, or from Texas and Missouri. Or from Ohio and Kentucky.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of the Internet??? lol

Gophers have had at least one recruit every year of Fleck's time at Minnesota, so far, who never once visited the school/met the Head Coach.

UMn's # of Minnesota natives on the roster has dropped since Fleck took over, there are almost as many players on the roster from Georgia and Floria, or from Texas and Missouri. Or from Ohio and Kentucky.

Is this an endorsement for MinnyU as a 2020 NC contender?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it may not happen in 2020, but it could. And alot can happen between now and the fall of 2021, but right now, it looks like the 2021 squad could be a very good one. Only difference between the 2 seasons will be the 2021 squad could have alot more experience on both sides of the ball. Now injury and early exits to the NFL could stifle some of the potential I see developing for that 2021 squad, but maybe a legit chance to win the Title in 2021 will keep one or two of the super stars from the 2020 lineup from bolting early?

Almost all of UMn's entire starting OL, along with the Starting QB, the starting RB from 2018, and the star RB of this year's Outback Bowl, the 2nd best WR from the 2019 squad and possibly the 3rd best as well, were ALL just Soph in 2019. Meaning the vast majority of the 2019 Gopher offense could still be around in both 2020 and 2021. And if you didn't know, it was a VERY good offense in 2019.

So I won't go so far as to predict UMn in the 2020 cfp, but it's possible. The biggest question will be the defense. Lost alot on defense, but Fleck's recruiting so far has been quite amazing, so it wouldn't shock me if he won't have the defense playing almost as well as last year's team did.

So my prediction, UMn loses a close game to OSU in the B1G title game and finishes Top 8, in 2020, and then wins the Natl Title in 2021. ;)