• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Has a Shot at a National Title in 2020

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I said that part pretty tongue-in-cheek, but in all honesty I'm not worried about Day in the slightest. He and his staff just wrapped up another top 5 class, and currently have the #1 ranked class in 2021. I know that'll change most likely, but he's off to an amazing start, and several other top 100 recruits are heavy OSU leans. As a coach, he's done a dynamite job.

He did inherit the team from Urban, but he also had a huge part in making the team what it is. He was a phenomenal recruiter when he was the OC, and he was the main reason Justin Fields transferred to OSU. His defensive staff, which was a big problem in Urban's last year, was gutted and replaced with much better personnel. While we lost Jeff Hafley, who was an amazing DC, we replaced him with arguably OSU's best DB's coach ever (the guy who groomed guys like Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, Malik Hooker, Eli Apple, Gareon Conley, and Bradley Roby, all 1st round picks). I'm more worried about Day being lured to the NFL than I am about him failing at OSU.

Nod. I by no means am attempting to disparage him or his recruiting but, all it takes is a year down for recruits to look elsewhere (Oklahoma is seeing some of that this year).

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't like Riley was hired at the last minute from another school to take over for Stoops. He was actually responsible for recruiting a lot of those players he "inherited."

Not going to argue with that either. He was part of recruiting and building the racecar that was Oklahoma's offense but, he was left with a dud (at best) DC and and under recruited/talented defense and it showed.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State. Oklahoma doesn’t play defense and Only Championships UGA wins are on signing day.UGAs fan base has an Alabama arrogance with an Ole Miss trophy case

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a reality-based viewpoint, OU could easily make the playoff again in 2020 but won't be properly equipped with the personnel to win it all. I give OU a 5% chance.

2021 will be the year.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call bullshit, am I right @Blackshirts BLVD @Red_Alert ?!?

Nebraska doesn’t need recruits — they will dominate without:lol:

Do you have to try to be as stupid as you are or are you just "gifted"?

Find one post of mine, just one, where I said that recruiting was not important.

tenor.gif

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden Knights baby!

Hashtag UC Facts!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to try to be as stupid as you are or are you just "gifted"?

Find one post of mine, just one, where I said that recruiting was not important.

tenor.gif

All this arguing and here we both agreed the entire time — Nebraska will never be a national power again, as they cannot recruit with the national powers.

Glad we have cleared all this up and we can move on:suds:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a reality-based viewpoint, OU could easily make the playoff again in 2020 but won't be properly equipped with the personnel to win it all. I give OU a 5% chance.

2021 will be the year.
Who’s going to be transferring in to QB for you in 2021?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite upset about it damaging my eternal soul. Thinking about suing.

That dude already performed a couple of acts of self flagellation and said a few Oh Jesus' so I think he'll be good.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this arguing and here we both agreed the entire time — Nebraska will never be a national power again, as they cannot recruit with the national powers.

Glad we have cleared all this up and we can move on:suds:

When was the last time UofM was a true national power, the early 1900's when they won 99% of their national titles?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida should get to the playoffs, but likely won't win it all.
I am genuinely curious as to why you think that. I know your schedule sets up nicely ... FSU is the only OOC team you play with a pulse, and they are barely alive. You get LSU that is basically replacing everyone - starters and coaches - at home. You play Ole Miss. And, UGa has to play Auburn and Alabama (although our OOC is very soft this year).

But, you lose a ton on both sides of the ball. Per ESPN:

A better way to measure which teams return the most production in 2020

you return 65% of your O and D, but your losses at WR and the front 7 on D are formidable.

Why so confident you are going to run through LSU, UGA, without slipping up against FSU, Ole Miss, UTjr, and then presumably Bama?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1996 every team that has won an undisputed national title except for Oklahoma in 2000 has had at least two top ten national recruiting classes in the four years before a title. So while signing a top ten recruiting class doesn’t guarantee that you’re going to win a national title — indeed, there are plenty of teams that don’t — for 23 of the past 24 years, you can’t win a title without at least two top ten recruiting classes.

Well, the past 24 years of recruiting data suggests your national champion will be one of these 13 teams:

4 top ten classes: Alabama, Georgia

3 top ten classes: Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas

2 top ten classes: Auburn, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Florida

Who Can Win a National Title In 2020?
EOt.gif