• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Has a Shot at a National Title in 2020

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

It's your year this time

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU will have a significant advantage at most of the skill positions and the OL and DL.
Theoretically we should, for sure at WR, but we're gonna be breaking in a new QB in 2021, and I'm honestly not sold on our RB stable right now. I think we'll be fine in 2020 because Fields' running ability can make up for a lot, but neither of our 2020 freshmen QBs are near what he can do. It's also not like Oregon has slouched on the OL either, especially if you can get Sewell to stay for his senior year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge chance.

Please get your hopes up. WAY up. It's gonna be your year!

we've already fallen for that before

...and still fall for it the next time

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've out-recruited Washington 4 years in a row, they've cleaned up recently on the high-end west coast talent, they've owned Washington for the better part of the last 15 years, and they've shown the ability to hold their own with teams outside of the Pac-12. They've improved each of Cristobal's seasons, and the recruiting on the high end is getting better.
Other than this year's bowl game vs Boise St., tell me the last time Washington was favored vs their opponent in a bowl game. They lost a close one vs Ohio St, a close one vs Penn St. and up until the 4th qtr they held their own vs Alabama in the CFP even though they were playing without arguably their two best defensive players and starting a QB with an injured shoulder (he had surgery less than two weeks after that game). Oregon's claim to fame the past few years in bowl games is a 7 - 6 win over MSU and a last minute win vs Wisconsin.

As far as Oregon owning Washington in the past four years .. Oregon beat Washington in a last minute drive vs a team that replaced 9 starters on defense. The year before Oregon won at home vs UW in OT. The year before that UW beat Oregon by a score of 38 - 3 and beat them at Oregon the year before that by a score of 70 - 21. Oregon got some high end recruits no doubt but not as many 4* recruits as UW. Depth always is a plus.

Washington is looking at its best class ever next year which should include three 5* rated recruits.

Lots Of Washington Targets Make Up Initial 2021 Top 247

2021 Top Football Recruits in Washington

Washington QB commit Huard shreds Adidas National Championship

J.T. Tuimoloau, Eastside Catholic, Defensive Tackle

Sam Huard, Kennedy Catholic, Pro-Style Quarterback

Emeka Egbuka, Steilacoom, Athlete

Julien Simon, Lincoln, Athlete

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretically we should, for sure at WR, but we're gonna be breaking in a new QB in 2021, and I'm honestly not sold on our RB stable right now. I think we'll be fine in 2020 because Fields' running ability can make up for a lot, but neither of our 2020 freshmen QBs are near what he can do. It's also not like Oregon has slouched on the OL either, especially if you can get Sewell to stay for his senior year.

I would be shocked if he does...he has a legitimate chance to be the #1 overall pick.

micallen

Dumb ass newb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MICHIGAN STATE

I have no idea who our coach will be or who our quarterback will be but it will be Michigan State.
LOL.

But on a serious note, who is that in your avatar? I have to stop and stare for a few seconds every time I come across it. And that's a LOT. You don't work, do you?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than this year's bowl game vs Boise St., tell me the last time Washington was favored vs their opponent in a bowl game. They lost a close one vs Ohio St, a close one vs Penn St. and up until the 4th qtr they held their own vs Alabama in the CFP even though they were playing without arguably their two best defensive players and starting a QB with an injured shoulder (he had surgery less than two weeks after that game). Oregon's claim to fame the past few years in bowl games is a 7 - 6 win over MSU and a last minute win vs Wisconsin.

As far as Oregon owning Washington in the past four years .. Oregon beat Washington in a last minute drive vs a team that replaced 9 starters on defense. The year before Oregon won at home vs UW in OT. The year before that UW beat Oregon by a score of 38 - 3 and beat them at Oregon the year before that by a score of 70 - 21. Oregon got some high end recruits no doubt but not as many 4* recruits as UW. Depth always is a plus.

Washington is looking at its best class ever next year which should include three 5* rated recruits.

Oregon has 3 Rose Bowl (and a Fiesta Bowl) wins in the past 10 years. Washington has jack shit for bowl wins.

Oregon hasn't owned Washington for the past 4 years...it's been the past 16 years (as @Across The Field correctly noted).

Washington won't be getting 3 5* recruits. They'll get outrecruited by Oregon (again).

Washington just parted ways with their most successful coach this century. They are going backwards.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

But on a serious note, who is that in your avatar? I have to stop and stare for a few seconds every time I come across it. And that's a LOT. You don't work, do you?

He lost an avatar bet, and the winner was gracious enough to give him that beauty.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots Of Washington Targets Make Up Initial 2021 Top 247

2021 Top Football Recruits in Washington

Washington QB commit Huard shreds Adidas National Championship

J.T. Tuimoloau, Eastside Catholic, Defensive Tackle

Sam Huard, Kennedy Catholic, Pro-Style Quarterback

Emeka Egbuka, Steilacoom, Athlete

Julien Simon, Lincoln, Athlete

.701 winning % over last 5 years? That's nice.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has 3 Rose Bowl (and a Fiesta Bowl) wins in the past 10 years. Washington has jack shit for bowl wins.

Oregon hasn't owned Washington for the past 4 years...it's been the past 16 years (as @Across The Field correctly noted).

Washington won't be getting 3 5* recruits. They'll get outrecruited by Oregon (again).

Washington just parted ways with their most successful coach this century. They are going backwards.
You fvcking idiot if you had even half a brain you'd be dangerous. Washington already has one 5* commit for next season (Huard) and both Tuimoloau & Ebuku are UW locks. Simon is on the cusp of earning his 5th star and he's a UW lean.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like many of you have already posted, the teams that have a shot at next season's national championship are rather slim: Ohio St., Alabama, and Clemson.

The following teams have a chance at being the sacrificial lamb against one of those teams in the first round of the playoffs: Oregon, Florida, Minnesota, Georgia, Oklahoma.

Other teams that could have good seasons, but fall short of the playoffs: Auburn, Penn St., Notre Dame, LSU, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, and (surprise!) Florida St.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

I work, just not very hard.

you would need to ask @Across The Field about her. I lost a bet on the OSU game and he forgot to claim his prize until a couple weeks ago. I’ve been too lazy/broken to change it.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is the feel-good story of 2020. New head coach who was questioned roundly when he was hired, turns a really good team into an elite one, shattering expectations

While I am not going to quibble with this, I will say that Day was the beneficiary of team recruited by Meyer (not dissimilar to what Riley inherited from Stoops and an argument could be made that Meyer left Day in better shape than Stoops left Riley) and how will tOSU look in three or four years? I mention this because this is a thread about recruiting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fvcking idiot if you had even half a brain you'd be dangerous. Washington already has one 5* commit for next season (Huard) and both Tuimoloau & Ebuku are UW locks. Simon is on the cusp of earning his 5th star and he's a UW lean.
False

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work, just not very hard.

you would need to ask @Across The Field about her. I lost a bet on the OSU game and he forgot to claim his prize until a couple weeks ago. I’ve been too lazy/broken to change it.
And why the hell would you want to change it?!?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they were locks they would already be committed.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St. isn't getting Ebuku. The Buckeyes landed a WR last year that UW never offered seeing how is dad is a total cvnt (radio DJ to boot). The state of Washington will have four 5* rated recruits come the end of this fall. UW will land three of them.