• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who had the strongest arm (qb)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Nattiel, Michael Young, Vance Johnson, Derek Russell, Clarence Kay, Sammy Winder, Melvin Bratton, Leonard Russell, Orson Mobley, Rod Bernstine etc... I could go on. They were all bums that Elway had to deal with in which he did have to do it on his own on offense. Plus Dan Reeves had no clue when it came to offense. Once Elway got some talent around him and a real offensive mind Elway's numbers really improved. With out question one of the best QB's of all time with one of the strongest arms of all time. Put him in today's NFL he would have arena league numbers and dominate.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Elway played in an era where defenses were allowed to touch QB's and WR's. Why do you think there are QB's throwing for over 4,500 yards more then ever? NFL has gotten soft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny but they rate him now as having the strongest arm of QB's play now
To me Rodgers clearly has a stronger arm. Stafford's is up there, but he can't throw a 50 yard dart like Rodgers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Rodgers clearly has a stronger arm. Stafford's is up there, but he can't throw a 50 yard dart like Rodgers.

I meant distance , read somewhere Stafford can throw it 80 yards, but he;s not accurate like Rodgers. I think Cutler is right there too and also Flacco

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant distance , read somewhere Stafford can throw it 80 yards, but he;s not accurate like Rodgers. I think Cutler is right there too and also Flacco
If you can throw it harder, you can throw it longer distance. Simple physics.

When Stafford zings it, it is not on the same flat arc like when Rodgers puts it down field.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Elway played in an era where defenses were allowed to touch QB's and WR's. Why do you think there are QB's throwing for over 4,500 yards more then ever? NFL has gotten soft.

That's what makes Seattle's defensive dominance even more impressive the last couple years... Playing D in the NFL has never been harder... Teams are adjusting though and tackling differently, more rugby style... I think in time, as long as they back off on the no contact, defense can make a comeback ... It just always seem's like when the D starts catching up the effin league puts another rule in favoring the offense... It's maddening.... I want to see some rules favoring the defense, NOTHING like good defensive football!!!! That's what football is all about

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a dime... That's why Elway was so tough to deal with ....
I honestly don't know how someone does that. Off balance, legs all splayed out, and he just flicks his wrist and hits Shannon Sharpe in stride 50 yards downfield. Ridiculous.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how someone does that. Off balance, legs all splayed out, and he just flicks his wrist and hits Shannon Sharpe in stride 50 yards downfield. Ridiculous.

I know man, his throwing motion was SO quick, he didn't need much space at all... Every pass had zip on it also... He was fun to watch ...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know man, his throwing motion was SO quick, he didn't need much space at all... Every pass had zip on it also... He was fun to watch ...
Oh you don't have to tell me that! Although I think you're the first Seahawks fan I've ever seen say something nice about Elway. I thought you guys all hated him. :suds:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you don't have to tell me that! Although I think you're the first Seahawks fan I've ever seen say something nice about Elway. I thought you guys all hated him. :suds:

Nah man I didn't hate him... He was fun to watch ... back in the day the Seahawks had some success against him, it was a good rivalry back in the Knox era ... I still think the 1986 Seahawks would a went to the Super-Bowl had they qualified for the playoffs.... We just started out so bad that year and then caught fire late ..