• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who gets eliminated in five?

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ottawa out in five. The Pens are just flat out better and I don't see Fleury giving away another game.

Canadiens out in five. The Caps are rolling now, and I think if the Habs were going to extend the series, last night's was the game to win.

Sabres out in five. The third period collapse has to have them gutted.

Devs out in six. The Flyers will have some juggled lines tonight and I think that combined with playing in NJ lets the Devs live another day.

Of course, my picks for last night blew, so you might want to go the exact opposite with everything I've said.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think pittsburgh is the closest thing to a lock to finish it in 5. i would say based on past playoff success, they seem to be the most likely to shut a team down in a closeout game.

the caps would be the next likely, but they always have the capability of getting lost on defense and allowing a bad goal or two, thereby letting a team like the habs eke one out. in the end though, the caps firepower i think is too much.

so after all that longwindedness, i take the pens and caps to finish it out in five. nj and buffalo will each win one more. no series in the west will be less than 6 games and wouldn't be surprised if every sereis goes 2-2.

oldschoolhockeyfan

Lifetime of Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Canadians - They just aren't able to contain the Caps offense. Caps close them out at home.
Sens - A depleted line up is starting to take it's toll. Can't see them winning in Pittsburgh.

Sabres - This will be another close game but with the Sabres at home I have to believe they will at least take this series back to Boston for game 6.

Devils - This one is going to be interesting to see if NJ can finally match Phillys intensity. If they do I see them extending this and even making it a 7 game series.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Montreal is gone in 5. The Caps are dominating them now. The Sens look like they're out in 5 too. Philly and Boston will have their hands full on the road. I'm guessing those 2 series go 6 games, maybe even 7, as anything can happen in hockey

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider it a moral victory the Sens even made the playoffs.

And we all know that another word for moral victory is "Loss". They will come out, swing their purses and generally make a fuss for 5 minutes and then they will get steamrolled the rest of the way. Neil or Ruutu will try to hurt someone, but other than that, they are done like dinner.

Judging by what I saw last night, the Caps should blast the Habs away in the next one. Habs players looked flustered.

Lindy Ruff will terrorize his team for the next two days and that might be enough to eek out one more.

Haven't watched any of the Flys/Devs. No opinion.