• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who gets eliminated in five?

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say Habs, Sens, and Devils.

Sabres hold on for at least one more.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal, the Canadiens are done. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Ottawa somehow pulled out another win in Pittsburgh, but then lost game 6. Kinda like the Philly series last year. I agree that Buffalo will win game 5 and I think New Jersey will win game 5 too.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Flyers and Capitals in 5 going into this round, so I'll stick to my guns. I had the Penguins in 4 originally, so I'll take the 5. I had the Bruins in 7, but I think it'll be sooner than that. Maybe 6 in that series.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Montreal, the Canadiens are done. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Ottawa somehow pulled out another win in Pittsburgh, but then lost game 6. Kinda like the Philly series last year. I agree that Buffalo will win game 5 and I think New Jersey will win game 5 too.

Honestly the Senators looked so sloppy and ridiculous that I just can't see it. Even after they were given two 5 on 3's and other assorted penalties (and I mean given by the Penguins lazy play, not the refs), they still couldn't crawl back into that game. Their goaltending is shitty yes, but Spezza was a joke last game (meaningless goal notwithstanding). That being said, I've always believed that it's easier to bounce back from a game where you played shitty than when you put everything on the line and lose. We shall see.

I haven't seen much of NJ/Philly (on at the same time as the Pens), but I just think Philly matches up well against NJ. Anyone who thinks missing Carter is that big of a deal honestly hasn't watched much Flyers playoff hockey. He hardly ever shows up; he had one good game this whole series. Gagne is a loss however, and these injuries could give the Devils the boost they need mentally. Still think the Flyers pull it out, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Devils hung around.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had the Flyers and Capitals in 5 going into this round, so I'll stick to my guns. I had the Penguins in 4 originally, so I'll take the 5. I had the Bruins in 7, but I think it'll be sooner than that. Maybe 6 in that series.

I had Flyers in seven, but I will be very happy with them in five. :)

I did pick Buffalo though; nice call on the Bruins.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out for a Sabres comeback in 7. I can dream, can't I?

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the Senators looked so sloppy and ridiculous that I just can't see it. Even after they were given two 5 on 3's and other assorted penalties (and I mean given by the Penguins lazy play, not the refs), they still couldn't crawl back into that game. Their goaltending is shitty yes, but Spezza was a joke last game (meaningless goal notwithstanding). That being said, I've always believed that it's easier to bounce back from a game where you played shitty than when you put everything on the line and lose. We shall see.

I haven't seen much of NJ/Philly (on at the same time as the Pens), but I just think Philly matches up well against NJ. Anyone who thinks missing Carter is that big of a deal honestly hasn't watched much Flyers playoff hockey. He hardly ever shows up; he had one good game this whole series. Gagne is a loss however, and these injuries could give the Devils the boost they need mentally. Still think the Flyers pull it out, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Devils hung around.

I think Carter gets a bum rap when it comes to his play in the playoffs. He was a big part of their run to the ECF a few years ago. Last year, not so much. But it's not like he didn't have his chances. He just couldn't beat Fleury. This year I'm going to give him a pass. He put up 3 points in 4 games with a broken foot, and he's been robbed of another 4 or 5 goals.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree loki with the jersey mental thing. i think this could give them a mental boost. lets say the flyers were healthy and jersey won the next game. they would still know they had 2 tough games to play and might doubt themselves. now since the flyers are injured they might think they have a chance and if they win they might think they are the better team now. i hope not though. i do not think the flyers will make it to the third round although it would be nice to see them win this one.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Carter gets a bum rap when it comes to his play in the playoffs. He was a big part of their run to the ECF a few years ago. Last year, not so much. But it's not like he didn't have his chances. He just couldn't beat Fleury. This year I'm going to give him a pass. He put up 3 points in 4 games with a broken foot, and he's been robbed of another 4 or 5 goals.

Maybe. I guess I am judging his play more against the Pens. But you're right...he did have some opportunities. Still, sometimes you just have to put the puck in the net to silence the doubters.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I guess I am judging his play more against the Pens. But you're right...he did have some opportunities. Still, sometimes you just have to put the puck in the net to silence the doubters.

You hear that Marleau?

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Like the gaping cage he had in Mellon Arena last year. *shudders*

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree loki with the jersey mental thing. i think this could give them a mental boost. lets say the flyers were healthy and jersey won the next game. they would still know they had 2 tough games to play and might doubt themselves. now since the flyers are injured they might think they have a chance and if they win they might think they are the better team now. i hope not though. i do not think the flyers will make it to the third round although it would be nice to see them win this one.

Not only are they smelling blood, but Lou Lamoriello threw a shit-fit, so they're going to be a different looking team, that's for sure. I still see them losing at home though.

As for where the Flyers go from there, I did have them penciled in for the third round. I'm a big believer in the Pronger effect.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i had my doubt about this team although defensively they have just been following prongers lead. carle has done it all year although coburn has really stepped up. i am not as worried about the lack of production from gagne and carter as i am their defensive capabilities and just presence in the offensively zone. those lines are good at cycling the puck and hemming the opponents in their zone.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not only are they smelling blood, but Lou Lamoriello threw a shit-fit, so they're going to be a different looking team, that's for sure. I still see them losing at home though.

As for where the Flyers go from there, I did have them penciled in for the third round. I'm a big believer in the Pronger effect.

Hmmm. If I had to pick one other team in the East (besides the Pens) who could give the Caps a run for their money, it would probably be the Flyers.