• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do we bring back?

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the UFA's we have who should we try to bring back?
Parise: of course we try everything to bring him back
Poni: I say pass on this guy he was a big disappointment to me
Carter: Bring him back too that 4th line was awesome
Gionta: Same thing as Carter
Bernier: little tougher cuz of the penalty but he's a monster bring him back
Sykora: As much as it pains me to say it... pass he's got nothing left
Harrold: Pass on him as well Larsson needs to play and he is in the way
Salvador: As long as he doesn't want alot of money sign him
Janssen: Big time pass... does nothing
Brodeur: Of course if he wants to play bring him back
Hedberg: We need a younger backup for sure so sorry Moose no room for you

Let me know if I missed anyone and if you agree or disagree

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th line, Marty, Parise bring back. I'm ok with whatever happens with Hedberg. I'd like to have him back but if he moves on that's ok too.

After a long season this year and being 1 year older, Sykora will be shot halfway through the season. Janssen so long, Harrold we don't need.

Salvador and Poni I would like back for the right price. Anything more than 2-2.5 for Salvador I'll be annoyed. And Poni started out solid for us, and at times looked great. Other times he was pretty useless. I think it's a matter of who is linemates are. Again for something like 1.5 I'd bring him back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parise: Duh
Poni: Didnt really do anything other than the game 3 OT goal vs Philly
Carter: Red Bull line founder, bring back
Gionta: Ditto
Bernier: Bye Bye you POS cup-coster!
Sykora: He's done, gave it one hell of a try but father time is catchin up
Harrold: On the fence
Salvador: Our best D-man in playoffs BY FAR, see what you can do Lou
Janssen: Bye
Brodeur: If he plays like the playoffs Marty yes, regular season/round 1 Marty no
Hedberg: Depends on our options I think

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poni was a major disappointment. Sykora should be given the same chance he got this year to make the team and if he makes it ok and he won't cost much, if not oh well. Harrold doesn't impress me. Salvador, for the right price. Hedberg can still play. Think we need a big body for our weak PP. Wouldn't might signing Penner.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Out of the UFA's we have who should we try to bring back?

Parise: At all costs. Trade half the team to get extra money if need be.

Poni: Gone. Takes up a spot that belongs to Tedenby/JJ

Carter: Minimum Contract

Gionta: Minimum Contract

Bernier: Bring him back regardless of the penalty (infinitely better than the goons)

Sykora: Gone. Had to be benched during the 3rd periods of playoff games. Doesn't have to gas to go a full season.

Harrold: Maybe keep as a 7th. Can't supplant Larssons spot. Fayne, Greene, Tallinder, Volch, Zid, Larsson should be our d next season.

Salvador: Gone. See above.

Janssen: Worthless

Brodeur: Keep

Hedberg: Keep unless organization believes that one of the younger goalies is actually ready to eat 30 Games (I don't believe they are)

Fayne: Won't find a cheaper minute eating option this good on the market. Definite keep.

Last edited by a moderator:

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poni was a major disappointment. Sykora should be given the same chance he got this year to make the team and if he makes it ok and he won't cost much, if not oh well. Harrold doesn't impress me. Salvador, for the right price. Hedberg can still play. Think we need a big body for our weak PP. Wouldn't might signing Penner.

I don't want pancakes at all he has size but he's very lazy and floats around most games

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want pancakes at all he has size but he's very lazy and floats around most games[/QU

Would say Byfuglien but the Jets won't get rid of him.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pancakes is Penner... LOL I thought everybody knew that, he hurt his back eating pancakes earlier this season

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parise: Is this a serious question?
Poni: Yes.. at the right price. I mean ATM I'm not familar with the FA Wings out there so unless someone much better in the shooting part of the game then bring him back.
Carter: $th line earned their keep
Gionta: $th line earned their keep, his speed proved to be real valuable.
Bernier: $th line earned their keep, penalty or not, i like him on the 4th
Sykora: adios... grateful for everything but time to move on with youth.
Harrold: AHL... enjoy. Larsson's growing pains are on hold.
Salvador: bring his ass back! right price but still.
Janssen: who? lol
Brodeur: should be celebrating his latest cup win but bring him back but insert more playing time for Wedgewood or Rookie goalie
Hedberg: I feel he wants more playing time so let him go. We need the Wedgewood/rookie/other goalie to start developing.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Parise: Lou will do everything possible to retain this guy, but also has to be somewhat reasonable.

Poni: Gone, but I think some offer will be made.

Carter: Contract offer but I think he is gone

Gionta: Probably gone

Bernier: See Carter

Sykora: Gone

Harrold: Contract offer, should be back

Salvador: Gone. His value increased because of the playoffs and at that age, I don't think you commit to at least a 3 year contract which is what I think he earned.

Janssen: Gone

Marty: Can't say no to him. Least of my worries right now. He won't ask to break the bank.

Hedberg: Gone, time to get Wedgewood or a younger free agent option as a backup.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pass on poni didn't bring anything to the table.

Hate me for saying this but pass on 4th line. I would say bring back giomta only and at a low contract. Noway u dare bring bernier back. What they did thos playoff was just pure magic. Stretch that over 82 games and everyone on hetr will be pushing for their benches.

No on salvador...outside the playoffs he had 0 goals we need some type of offensive pressence from the blue line...heck even just a hard shot. And face it many of his goals were lucky if not all. Besides he will want a huge paycheck for that playoff run.

No to sykora either...I do think if we had him in after game 1 the series wouldve been different

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked at the bernier hate. SHOCKED.

The guy was fantastic for us in the role he played. If you want to break up the line he was a part of and wipe all his play off the table over the .25 seconds it took him to take a horrible penalty you're all nuts.

It was a penalty. It was a major. But I support him over and over. Bring the guy back.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on poni didn't bring anything to the table.

Hate me for saying this but pass on 4th line. I would say bring back giomta only and at a low contract. Noway u dare bring bernier back. What they did thos playoff was just pure magic. Stretch that over 82 games and everyone on hetr will be pushing for their benches.

No on salvador...outside the playoffs he had 0 goals we need some type of offensive pressence from the blue line...heck even just a hard shot. And face it many of his goals were lucky if not all. Besides he will want a huge paycheck for that playoff run.

No to sykora either...I do think if we had him in after game 1 the series wouldve been different

But Salvador's 0 goals in the regular season did not hold us down from making the playoffs. His play in the playoffs made way to the finals.

Who else on our current D roster plays real defense?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Salvador's 0 goals in the regular season did not hold us down from making the playoffs. His play in the playoffs made way to the finals.

Who else on our current D roster plays real defense?

Again, for the right price/length I would like to have him back but he's an aging physical defenceman. He most likely won't match the level we saw in the playoffs.

Tallinder and A-Train will handle most of the responsibility on D. I'm hoping Larsson joins them. If Fayne can keep his head out of his ass and continue to progress he can be solid.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, regarding Parise, I honestly do believe he will re-sign. The pros far, far out number the cons (are there really any?) in my opinion. The only way he leaves is to be closer to home, if that's his thing.

If he leaves to go play with Crosby or a situation like that, then he's a bit of a bitch in my mind. As long as he's on a team with Crosby the pressure will be off of him, it will always be Sid's team. I just don't believe that is who Parise is, I think he wants to be the guy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's of course is Crosby continues to play hockey. He's one hit away from missing more time again.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, regarding Parise, I honestly do believe he will re-sign. The pros far, far out number the cons (are there really any?) in my opinion. The only way he leaves is to be closer to home, if that's his thing.

If he leaves to go play with Crosby or a situation like that, then he's a bit of a bitch in my mind. As long as he's on a team with Crosby the pressure will be off of him, it will always be Sid's team. I just don't believe that is who Parise is, I think he wants to be the guy.

He'd be third on the food chain there. they love that mongoloid Malkin here as well.