• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the Top Two WR's in the NFL?

Who is it?

• Calvin Johnson

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Dez Bryant

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Demaryuis Thomas

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Antonio Brown

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • AJ Green

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Julio Jones

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like unique perspectives. But when people get ridiculous its silly. Jordy Nelson better then Calvin Johnson cant even be an objective feeling. Yeah and Allen Iverson was better then Michael Jordan. RIDICULOUS.
Let's see the health issue go away first. If you can't stay healthy, what good are you? Geez folks never won't to accept that some stud player time has come and gone.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see the health issue go away first. If you can't stay healthy, what good are you? Geez folks never won't to accept that some stud player time has come and gone.

It's crazy, right? Especially in football where these guys fall off so quickly. How long can someone really expect a body the size of CJ to take punishment to knees and sustain elite speed?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't Jordy injured for most of a season recently? Heck I think Jordy has been in the league 7 years now and only 4 of those has he actually played all 16 games. So not sure injury is a reason to put Jordy ahead of CJ.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Jordy injured for most of a season recently? Heck I think Jordy has been in the league 7 years now and only 4 of those has he actually played all 16 games. So not sure injury is a reason to put Jordy ahead of CJ.
Actual he played 16 games 5 out 7 Seasons. More important is that he's played 16 games the last couple of years and that the last two years have been his best years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual he played 16 games 5 out 7 Seasons. More important is that he's played 16 games the last couple of years and that the last two years have been his best years.

Sorry you are right I misread. Lost my glasses so everything is a bit of a blur on the screen. I would say though that even though Calvin has missed some games the last couple of years he has still put up comparable stats. In 2013 even with 2 less games he still put up bigger numbers. Then this past year he still put up over a thousand yards with missing 3 whole games and being injured and limited in a few others. Injury definitely factors in but even an injured Calvin Johnson still puts up over a thousand yards and close to 10 touchdowns a season. If you look how I voted though I don't have Calvin as my top WR and I don't have Jordy in my top-5. Right now for me it goes

1) Antonio Brown--I don't think there are any receivers in the league able to do what he does week in and week out.
2) D. Thomas--Statistically these past few years only behind Brown for stats and has shown to be the best YAC WR in the league by a pretty wide margin.
3) Julio Jones--When healthy he might be the top guy in the league. He does it all. Can't quite trust him to stay healthy year in and year out though which is why he drops out of my top spots.
4) Calvin Johnson--The man is still in my opinion a man among boys.
5) Dez Bryant--Doesn't have the yards that these other guys have but his Red Zone abilities are 2nd to none. Going back to that 2010 when Thomas and Bryant were picked right in the same area I would honestly have a tough choice between the two. Bryant comes with a lot more baggage so Thomas is the safer choice in the long run but maybe if I only had one of them for one season Bryant might be my choice of the two.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow helped D Thomas get 7 votes here

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you are right I misread. Lost my glasses so everything is a bit of a blur on the screen. I would say though that even though Calvin has missed some games the last couple of years he has still put up comparable stats. In 2013 even with 2 less games he still put up bigger numbers. Then this past year he still put up over a thousand yards with missing 3 whole games and being injured and limited in a few others. Injury definitely factors in but even an injured Calvin Johnson still puts up over a thousand yards and close to 10 touchdowns a season. If you look how I voted though I don't have Calvin as my top WR and I don't have Jordy in my top-5. Right now for me it goes

1) Antonio Brown--I don't think there are any receivers in the league able to do what he does week in and week out.
2) D. Thomas--Statistically these past few years only behind Brown for stats and has shown to be the best YAC WR in the league by a pretty wide margin.
3) Julio Jones--When healthy he might be the top guy in the league. He does it all. Can't quite trust him to stay healthy year in and year out though which is why he drops out of my top spots.
4) Calvin Johnson--The man is still in my opinion a man among boys.
5) Dez Bryant--Doesn't have the yards that these other guys have but his Red Zone abilities are 2nd to none. Going back to that 2010 when Thomas and Bryant were picked right in the same area I would honestly have a tough choice between the two. Bryant comes with a lot more baggage so Thomas is the safer choice in the long run but maybe if I only had one of them for one season Bryant might be my choice of the two.
1) AB
2) Dez
3)DT
4) tie CJ/ JJ which ever has the healthiest season.

Yambag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson is a hell of a receiver but Antonio Brown outplayed Calvin in every category. If you ask me Antonio Brown is the premier aka best receiver in the NFL. Ask Jerry Rice ;)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shaking my head at all the Dez votes. Only one less vote than the guy who has been by far the most productive WR the last two years. And more votes than DT, AJ Green and Julio combined. :L

SportsHoopla you have let me down. :Cry:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shaking my head at all the Dez votes. Only one less vote than the guy who has been by far the most productive WR the last two years. And more votes than DT, AJ Green and Julio combined. :L

SportsHoopla you have let me down. :Cry:
maybe it's you....:eek:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Dez and Calvin. If both were healthy, they would represent the most dangerous WR combo possible in the NFL. Demaryius would be my #3 in this scenario.

Dez had fewer catches but more TDs than Antonio Brown last season so I don't think the case between those two statistically is a slam dunk in favor of Brown by any stretch.

Calvin had an off year, but he is still the most talented receiver in football hands down, when healthy.