• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHL playoffs underway

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN just showed some highlights of that game, julian. Nathan MacKinnon has 11 goals in 10 playoffs games. James Duthie asked Bob Mackenzie if MacKinnon was draft eligible this year, would he be selected over Yakupov and Bob said "yes".

Yeah I saw that too. To steal your line, I wonder who is going to be "not winnin' for McKinnon" next year. A lot can happen in a year though but so far all indications are he'll be #1.

I assume you also would have seen this goal by another 16 year old Moosehead not named McKinnon, but for the benefit of those who didn't I'll post it. Reminds me of another guy named Jonathan I get to watch quite frequently.

[YOUTUBE]B6-sC1qLTcA&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My French is a little rusty...All I got out of that was "wow"...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile as Bob MacKenzie pointed out, Grigorenko hasn't been doing too much this series and his stock seems to be dropping.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the OHL there are two Game 7's tomorrow.

Ottawa 67's vs Barrie Colts

The winner of this series will play the Niagara Ice Dogs in one Conference Final.

Plymouth Whalers vs Kitchener Rangers

The winner of this series will play the London Knights in the other Conference Final.

Should be two tough hard fought games tomorrow night in the OHL.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My French is a little rusty...All I got out of that was "wow"...

looked Spezza-esque.

Blazers were down 3 games to none to Portland, and down 4-0 in game four.
now they are going to a 7th game.

dear canucks..... there IS a switch. find it, assholes!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked Spezza-esque.

dear canucks..... there IS a switch. find it, assholes!

That series sure turned on a dime when Ty Rattie went down with a concussion. Portland scores a ton of goals, but they are very top heavy and don't have much depth and as soon as their best scorer went down, it sure flipped the series in the Blazers' favor very fast. Of course it doesn't help that Mac Carruth has the same density as Swiss cheese. Portland could still turn it around and win game 7, but they have to be pretty shell shocked right now.

In the other Western series, Liam Stewart (son of Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter) scored the OT winner for Spokane to win game 6 by a score of 4-3 and force game 7 Wednesday night. GO CHIEFS GO!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That series sure turned on a dime when Ty Rattie went down with a concussion. Portland scores a ton of goals, but they are very top heavy and don't have much depth and as soon as their best scorer went down, it sure flipped the series in the Blazers' favor very fast. Of course it doesn't help that Mac Carruth has the same density as Swiss cheese. Portland could still turn it around and win game 7, but they have to be pretty shell shocked right now.

In the other Western series, Liam Stewart (son of Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter) scored the OT winner for Spokane to win game 6 by a score of 4-3 and force game 7 Wednesday night. GO CHIEFS GO!

What's Kichton's status? Is he done for the year?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I just want to clarify that Rattie has played in the last two games, but he's not even close to being at the same level as he was before the injury. Officially he doesn't have a concussion, but I've heard some unofficial whisperings that suggest otherwise.

What's Kichton's status? Is he done for the year?

Yeah he broke his jaw back in March in game 1 of Spokane's series against the Vancouver Giants. He's had surgery and he's done for the season.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I just want to clarify that Rattie has played in the last two games, but he's not even close to being at the same level as he was before the injury. Officially he doesn't have a concussion, but I've heard some unofficial whisperings that suggest otherwise.

Yeah he broke his jaw back in March in game 1 of Spokane's series against the Vancouver Giants. He's had surgery and he's done for the season.

Thanks. That Sucks!! He had a great year.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. That Sucks!! He had a great year.

He really did. Led the Chiefs in scoring this season as well. Not sure the last time that a defenseman led the team in scoring, but it's been awhile if it's ever happened. Part of me selfishly wants him to return next season just because he's so much fun to watch. But he'll be successful wherever he goes. He's a fantastic hockey player and a good kid.

The fact that the Chiefs have forced a game 7 against the Americans without Kitchton shows just how much they've stepped it up. Tri-City is one of the most talented teams in the entire CHL and the Chiefs, despite finishing 20 points back of them in the standings, have held up with the Americans. Win or lose in game 7 I'm very proud of how this team has played in the playoffs this year. He's hoping there's at least one more round in store for Spokane.

Erdber

All for not
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Blazers won game 6 with a few seconds left in the game after being down 2-5. It was quite loud in the arena at the end of the game. :horn::cheer2:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really did. Led the Chiefs in scoring this season as well. Not sure the last time that a defenseman led the team in scoring, but it's been awhile if it's ever happened. Part of me selfishly wants him to return next season just because he's so much fun to watch. But he'll be successful wherever he goes. He's a fantastic hockey player and a good kid.

The fact that the Chiefs have forced a game 7 against the Americans without Kitchton shows just how much they've stepped it up. Tri-City is one of the most talented teams in the entire CHL and the Chiefs, despite finishing 20 points back of them in the standings, have held up with the Americans. Win or lose in game 7 I'm very proud of how this team has played in the playoffs this year. He's hoping there's at least one more round in store for Spokane.

That's very impressive. The Chiefs have obviously rallied around one another since Kichton's injury.

There's a reason the Isles used a 5th round pick on an overage Kichton in last years draft. I expect the Isles to sign him & have him play in Bridgeport next year.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in a shocking development the Memorial Cup host Shawinigan Cataractes have been elminated after falling in game 7 to Chicoutimi. Not sure how I feel about this. I thought they were the only team in the Q that stood a chance against the Sea Dogs but now they will be home resting, practising, but most importantly getting/staying healthy for the next month while they wait for 3 teams to win their respective leagues.

Halifax and Quebec are in game 7 OT, tied 4-4. Halifax's undrafted 20 year old captain obviously does not want this to be the last game of his junior career and is having the game of his life. He has all 4 Mooseheads' goals.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well in a shocking development the Memorial Cup host Shawinigan Cataractes have been elminated after falling in game 7 to Chicoutimi. Not sure how I feel about this. I thought they were the only team in the Q that stood a chance against the Sea Dogs but now they will be home resting, practising, but most importantly getting/staying healthy for the next month while they wait for 3 teams to win their respective leagues.

Honestly, I don't think that long of a time off is an asset for the Memorial Cup.
the tournament is so short, and each game is so important, that it would be so very tough to go from a month of practice mode to balls-to-the-wall do or die playoffs. Unless the other teams are decimated on the way through, I think that's going to be a rough tourney for Shawinigan.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Halifax!!

You got your wish. Jonathan Drouin scores the OT winner. The road teams were 3-0 in game 7's tonight. Halifax will now play Rimouski and Saint John will play Chicoutimi.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got your wish. Jonathan Drouin scores the OT winner. The road teams were 3-0 in game 7's tonight. Halifax will now play Rimouski and Saint John will play Chicoutimi.

I love it whenever anybody can stick it to Patty Wah...Thanks for the update, julian.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it whenever anybody can stick it to Patty Wah...Thanks for the update, julian.

In that case you might be interested to know that he actually asked for the Quebec fans to boo McKinnon every time he touched the puck. I have never ever heard of a coach or even player asking the fans to boo a player. Usually it just happens on its own, which gives it way more meaning. Pretty classy of a guy in his late 40s to ask 14,000 people to boo a 16 year old. :L