• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Houston - ALDS Best of Five

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought tickets to tomorrow’s gm. I found out after that our brilliant owner sold all parking passes online and scalpers bought them
All up. Cheapest current pass is 250… more than my 2 tickets in the outfield. Amazing. Almost like they are Never in the playoffs and don’t know how to Hanford a sold out crowd. Total bullshit
That is some bullshit. Just park and ride the train. Don’t give some ahole that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox too good to get swept (I think) - Go Sox. Win the next two the the pressure goes back to being on the Astros to perform in game 5.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox too good to get swept (I think) - Go Sox. Win the next two the the pressure goes back to being on the Astros to perform in game 5.
A sweep would be a really sour note to end this season and pour a bunch of negativity into the offseason so I hope you are right.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sweep would be a really sour note to end this season and pour a bunch of negativity into the offseason so I hope you are right.
NOTHING, not even a sweep if this happens, is going to reduce the positivity I'm feeling for this club's fortunes next year. There's little doubt that there will be a need to plug some holes in the roster, but I feel the Sox brass will take the requisite steps to make our club even stronger next season. Couple that with the natural growth and gain of experience with many of our key players and we should have the makings of a 100+ win ballclub. Yes, that's 100+ wins.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTHING, not even a sweep if this happens, is going to reduce the positivity I'm feeling for this club's fortunes next year. There's little doubt that there will be a need to plug some holes in the roster, but I feel the Sox brass will take the requisite steps to make our club even stronger next season. Couple that with the natural growth and gain of experience with many of our key players and we should have the makings of a 100+ win ballclub. Yes, that's 100+ wins.
you know i'm not one to rain any anyone's parade :D but, you don't know reinsdork very well. this season's salary STARTED at 128 million, highest in sox history. then they added kimbrel, tepera and hernandez so throw another 20+ million onto that! it is my experience he will not add to that but will in fact want to cut salaries!
as much as i'd love to believe the sox will 'fill in' the holes with good players i don't think it will work out that way. plus, that "natural growth" will be tempered with the 'natural decline' of some players. (think abreu, lynn, grandal, tepara ... all pushing their mid 30's)

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know i'm not one to rain any anyone's parade :D but, you don't know reinsdork very well. this season's salary STARTED at 128 million, highest in sox history. then they added kimbrel, tepera and hernandez so throw another 20+ million onto that! it is my experience he will not add to that but will in fact want to cut salaries!
as much as i'd love to believe the sox will 'fill in' the holes with good players i don't think it will work out that way. plus, that "natural growth" will be tempered with the 'natural decline' of some players. (think abreu, lynn, grandal, tepara ... all pushing their mid 30's)
I agree with you. Sox are not going to increase payroll.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. Sox are not going to increase payroll.

If it works out that way it would be a shame. They’ve spent the last 4 years building to this point and to not invest to get over the hump is a waste. Are the Sox really just like the Twins or Royals? Only a 1-2 year window at best and try again with the next round of homegrown talent?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it works out that way it would be a shame. They’ve spent the last 4 years building to this point and to not invest to get over the hump is a waste. Are the Sox really just like the Twins or Royals? Only a 1-2 year window at best and try again with the next round of homegrown talent?
I hope I’m wrong. Just a gut feeling I have.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sox have always been like the twins or royals .... tho not as good as the twins. just look at the record! they have had and still have a douchebag for an owner.
sox have been lucky this year. lucky to get robert, lucky to pull of the eloy deal and lucky abreu has been abreu. madrigal for kimbrel was more their style. they DO have a good team this year and will probably have a good team next year ... after that, no promises. i'll be very surprised if they really compete for a ws title.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start for Cease - he looks locked in.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cease is juiced up baby. Crowd too. Makin mah pepe hard.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell. Reinsdorf is getting up there now so his chances are reducing each year that goes by. But skeptical fans have good reason to be.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok…We need to wreck this dork on the mound. I’ve had enough of his pitching thing before the first at-bat is over…

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sox have always been like the twins or royals .... tho not as good as the twins. just look at the record! they have had and still have a douchebag for an owner.
sox have been lucky this year. lucky to get robert, lucky to pull of the eloy deal and lucky abreu has been abreu. madrigal for kimbrel was more their style. they DO have a good team this year and will probably have a good team next year ... after that, no promises. i'll be very surprised if they really compete for a ws title.
We winning it all this year. What you talkin bout?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…close…

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s f*cking goooooo!!!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well…we’re hitting this guy well.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has every lead off walk scored this series?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Our starting pitching officially sh*t the bed every game this series.