• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

While everyone is obsessing with GSW............

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if you play the Sixers 22 straight games, if you win 22 in a row that's insane. There's a reason it's never been done before.
I know it's insane. It's insane and I'm sick of hearing about it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Spurs fan, here is what I think about all the SportsHoopla, praise, hype and ass kissing the Golden State Warriors get.

They have earned it!

Defending NBA Champions. 22-0. They go out night after night and they win.

There are a lot of teams that get hype based off of potential.

The Warriors hype is based off of results.

They deserve every single article, editorial, video package they get.

They are the best team in basketball right now and deserve to be called that until somebody can beat them.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Spurs fan, here is what I think about all the SportsHoopla, praise, hype and ass kissing the Golden State Warriors get.

They have earned it!

Defending NBA Champions. 22-0. They go out night after night and they win.

There are a lot of teams that get hype based off of potential.

The Warriors hype is based off of results.

They deserve every single article, editorial, video package they get.

They are the best team in basketball right now and deserve to be called that until somebody can beat them.
Yep, they have earned it after what they've done...HOWEVER..

the Comparisons they get to legendary teams of the past and people saying they'd beat so and so are ridiculous. Especially considering they've not beaten anyone that great. Obviously like I've said before, that isn't their fault. But still, my point stands. I'm sick of hearing about it so I'm rooting against them for the time being.

Spurs haven't beaten anyone either, and I'd be annoyed if we were getting all of this praise if we were 22-0. Beat someone worth talking about.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Comparisons they get to legendary teams of the past and people saying they'd beat so and so are ridiculous. Especially considering they've not beaten anyone that great. Obviously like I've said before, that isn't their fault. But still, my point stands. I'm sick of hearing about it so I'm rooting against them for the time being.

Spurs haven't beaten anyone either, and I'd be annoyed if we were getting all of this praise if we were 22-0. Beat someone worth talking about.

Who is worth talking about? OKC, Spurs, Heat and Cavs. That's it right?

Beat the Clips twice, Grizzlies twice, Raptors twice, Bulls, Pistons, Jazz, Rockets, and Hornets...all who would be in the playoffs if they started today. The Warriors play the Pacers and Celtics in the coming days.

Making it seem like the Warriors have continually been beating the leagues worst while evading any talented teams is a reach.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is worth talking about? OKC, Spurs, Heat and Cavs. That's it right?

Beat the Clips twice, Grizzlies twice, Raptors twice, Bulls, Pistons, Jazz, Rockets, and Hornets...all who would be in the playoffs if they started today. The Warriors play the Pacers and Celtics in the coming days.

Making it seem like the Warriors have continually been beating the leagues worst while evading any talented teams is a reach.
I'm just ready for the playoffs so they can back this all up then.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just ready for the playoffs so they can back this all up then.

We all are. The regular season is all just pre-season really.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree with you in 29 of 30 cases.

However, this isn't just some random team going 22-0. This is the defending NBA Champions going 22-0. They have already proven it by winning the championship. Everyone else has to now prove they can beat the Warriors.

This isn't the Clippers or OKC or anyone else who hasn't won anything starting 22-0.

This is the defending NBA Champions.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you in 29 of 30 cases.

However, this isn't just some random team going 22-0. This is the defending NBA Champions going 22-0. They have already proven it by winning the championship. Everyone else has to now prove they can beat the Warriors.

This isn't the Clippers or OKC or anyone else who hasn't won anything starting 22-0.

This is the defending NBA Champions.
I know they've won the NBA Title and I would agree with you, but they didn't beat the absolute BEST of the best last year during the playoffs. I wouldn't keep beating a dead horse and saying they need to beat the Spurs, but the fact is that the Spurs are the team that best matches up with them. And until they beat them in a 7-game series, they've proven nothing to me. Might sound like sour grapes, but I want to see them beat their absolute best matchup.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they've won the NBA Title and I would agree with you, but they didn't beat the absolute BEST of the best last year during the playoffs. I wouldn't keep beating a dead horse and saying they need to beat the Spurs, but the fact is that the Spurs are the team that best matches up with them. And until they beat them in a 7-game series, they've proven nothing to me. Might sound like sour grapes, but I want to see them beat their absolute best matchup.

Yeah but not their fault the Spurs shit the bed in the series against the Clippers.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but not their fault the Spurs shit the bed in the series against the Clippers.
Absolutely not their fault. Never said it was. Just saying I wanna see them beat the Spurs and win the title before people go too far...obviously that part has already happened.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they really flying under the radar?

I feel like this thread insults everyone's intelligence.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Spurs could have easily faced the Warriors last year. But they didn't. They could have solidified home court advantage and the #2 seed but lost to the Pelicans. They could have went deeper in the 1st round but lost to the Clippers. But yet it's the Warriors job to prove they're superior than the Spurs?

If your argument is that the Warriors would never beat the Spurs in a 7 game series, you would have no argument from me. You may be right. The problem is it's on the Spurs, not the Warriors, to make that happen. Matchups are a real thing in the NBA. How can the Spurs be real, but the Warriors not?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs could have easily faced the Warriors last year. But they didn't. They could have solidified home court advantage and the #2 seed but lost to the Pelicans. They could have went deeper in the 1st round but lost to the Clippers. But yet it's the Warriors job to prove they're superior than the Spurs?

If your argument is that the Warriors would never beat the Spurs in a 7 game series, you would have no argument from me. You may be right. The problem is it's on the Spurs, not the Warriors, to make that happen. Matchups are a real thing in the NBA. How can the Spurs be real, but the Warriors not?
In my opinion, yes. I want to see them beat their best matchup, which is San Antonio, in a 7-game series. Once more, I NEVER said it was the Warriors' fault they never faced San Antonio. I don't blame anyone but San Antonio on that. However, I'm sick of the hype.

Also never said that the Warriors would NEVER beat the Spurs in a 7 game series. I think there's a chance that they can, but I wanna see it happen before I believe the hype...obviously my opinion means nothing because I'm just a fan. Just something I PERSONALLY want to see. I've seen some say "Spurs want none of the Warriors," "Spurs are trash," etc. They're the real deal, and it's time people look at the matchups and see how dangerous this team can be to Golden State's chances of repeating if the Spurs happen to make it to the matchup (obviously, the Spurs do have matchup problems with other teams that would prevent this.)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, yes. I want to see them beat their best matchup, which is San Antonio, in a 7-game series. Once more, I NEVER said it was the Warriors' fault they never faced San Antonio. I don't blame anyone but San Antonio on that. However, I'm sick of the hype.

Also never said that the Warriors would NEVER beat the Spurs in a 7 game series. I think there's a chance that they can, but I wanna see it happen before I believe the hype...obviously my opinion means nothing because I'm just a fan. Just something I PERSONALLY want to see. I've seen some say "Spurs want none of the Warriors," "Spurs are trash," etc. They're the real deal, and it's time people look at the matchups and see how dangerous this team can be to Golden State's chances of repeating if the Spurs happen to make it to the matchup (obviously, the Spurs do have matchup problems with other teams that would prevent this.)

Obviously the people you've seen say that are ridiculously uniformed about the game of basketball. While the hype train in full force for the Warriors, they were almost unanimously ranked as 3rd or 4th most likely to win the Title in 2016. The Spurs were ahead by almost every single analyst along with the Cavs and many have the Thunder ahead too.

There's no-one out there who's taking the Spurs lightly. If you're upset about the amount of non-coverage they've received, take solace in the fact that your team has 5 Championships in the last 16 years.

The Warriors have one title in the last 40, and nearly two decades of shitty teams. This is why it's so annoying to loyal Warrior fans that people discount what they've done or what they are doing. Can we live a little? :D

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the people you've seen say that are ridiculously uniformed about the game of basketball. While the hype train in full force for the Warriors, they were almost unanimously ranked as 3rd or 4th most likely to win the Title in 2016. The Spurs were ahead by almost every single analyst along with the Cavs and many have the Thunder ahead too.

There's no-one out there who's taking the Spurs lightly. If you're upset about the amount of non-coverage they've received, take solace in the fact that your team has 5 Championships in the last 16 years.

The Warriors have one title in the last 40, and nearly two decades of shitty teams. This is why it's so annoying to loyal Warrior fans that people discount what they've done or what they are doing. Can we live a little? :D
Oh no, I don't care that the Spurs aren't being covered by the media. I'm well used to that. Y'all can live a little, sure. You all deserve it. However, I suppose with winning a title comes a ton of terrible bandwagon fans that make the real fans look terrible. Add that in with the media overall pushing them down our throats...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, I don't care that the Spurs aren't being covered by the media. I'm well used to that. Y'all can live a little, sure. You all deserve it. However, I suppose with winning a title comes a ton of terrible bandwagon fans that make the real fans look terrible. Add that in with the media overall pushing them down our throats...

That's an awful lot of crying that you're doing... get real, and get over it! They haven't won as many games as they have by mistake.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an awful lot of crying that you're doing... get real, and get over it! They haven't won as many games as they have by mistake.
Who are you? If you have an actual basketball debate or argument to bring to the table, I suggest you you go ahead and say it instead of saying I'm "crying" when everything I'm saying is true. I'm tired of hearing about them. It's a forum, where I can voice my opinion. Don't like my opinion? Then you should probably be the one to stop crying and get over it.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you? If you have an actual basketball debate or argument to bring to the table, I suggest you you go ahead and say it instead of saying I'm "crying" when everything I'm saying is true. I'm tired of hearing about them. It's a forum, where I can voice my opinion. Don't like my opinion? Then you should probably be the one to stop crying and get over it.
4298212-achievement-unlocked-jimmies-rustled.jpe