• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

While everyone is obsessing with GSW............

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are just 16-4 with the best defense in basketball and flying under the radar.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are just 16-4 with the best defense in basketball and flying under the radar.

Assuming both teams stay healthy that's gonna be one hell of a Western conference finals

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shhhhh...... we like being overlooked.

Please dont mention it again. Let Lebron and Steph Curry dominate the headlines.

But the most surprising thing is that Tim Duncan is the front runner for DPOY.
He is the best defender on the team this year which is saying something.

It is amazing what they are doing now that Timmy is focusing entirely on defense instead of needing to score.
I always wanted to see what he could do in that David Robinson late career role of rebounder/defender.

But, the schedule has been somewhat easy in fairness. The Spurs played quite a few weaklings.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the Spurs always under the radar? They're not the super flashy team like Miami when Lebron was there or the Warriors now, but they just win a lot of games. Kawhi was awesome again tonight, he should be in MVP consideration for how big of an impact he has on defense and with the jump he's made on offense(part of that is getting more shots but currently he's shooting over 50% from the field and over 45% from 3).

Arsenal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am eager to see how my Celtics do against a well run team/organization/coach. We will know in another day.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am eager to see how my Celtics do against a well run team/organization/coach. We will know in another day.

Didn't they play already?

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they play already?

Yep. In Boston earlier this season. Spurs won, making Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili the winningest trio in NBA history. It was kinda fitting since the trio they bumped from the top of the list was Bird, Parish, and McHale of the Celtics.

tsubibo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising thing here is that we are not even past the All-star break, which is the time the Spurs usually get going.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a non issue. Not one knowledgeable fan is sleeping on the Spurs. They've coasted to a 16-4 record while resting players and trying to incorporate LA into their system. All the while, they're playing at the highest level on the defensive end.

All ESPN highlights are for the casual fan to draw interest once the playoffs come around. Any true fan of the game knows the Spurs are one of the heavy favorites to come out of the west.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are an amazing team, still my pick to win the NBA title this year.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like and dislike this thread, cause it draws attention and that's obviously both good and bad when you're the Spurs/a Spurs fan lol.

What gets me is the fact that no matter how the rest of the league is playing, Pop ALWAYS finds ways to adjust the Spurs' style of play to counteract what the best team in the league is currently doing, if it isn't the Spurs themselves. This lockdown defense is absolutely ridiculous this year. They've held something like 9 or 10 opponents under 40 points in the first half, and most of their opponents haven't scored over 89 or 90. I'm shocked, to be honest. Pleasantly, of course.

Haven't faced any heavyweights, much like neither have the Warriors. But regardless of our regular season record, I'm anticipating the playoffs more than anything. I don't like to weigh too much on these regular season matchups.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually kind of a basketball travesty that the Warriors and Spurs don't have more "meaningful" regular season games. The play the first time in January, and 3 within the last month of the season, including two out of the last 4 games in the regular season, where it's likely both teams will have their playoff positions set and the teams will be resting players.

As a basketball fan, I would love to see the Spurs vs. Warriors in the Western Conference Championship game. As a Warriors fan, I would hate it because regardless of record, there would be no favorite in that type of matchup. Talent would not win out. It would come down to who executes better over the course of a 7 game series.

Right now the Warriors and Spurs are easily the two best teams in the West and that's without the Spurs hitting their peak. Kinda scary.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually kind of a basketball travesty that the Warriors and Spurs don't have more "meaningful" regular season games. The play the first time in January, and 3 within the last month of the season, including two out of the last 4 games in the regular season, where it's likely both teams will have their playoff positions set and the teams will be resting players.

As a basketball fan, I would love to see the Spurs vs. Warriors in the Western Conference Championship game. As a Warriors fan, I would hate it because regardless of record, there would be no favorite in that type of matchup. Talent would not win out. It would come down to who executes better over the course of a 7 game series.

Right now the Warriors and Spurs are easily the two best teams in the West and that's without the Spurs hitting their peak. Kinda scary.
If it was possible, I'm sure everyone would prefer a Spurs-Warriors matchup in the NBA Finals. If only...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SPURS still haven't played anyone particularly challenging in a row yet.

They have had a few tough games here and there but usually bookended with creampuffs.
It is admittedly a very soft schedule at the exact right time for them.

They need to figure out the offense. They don't need to be 12-10 record while vunerable on offense.
A tough schedule might have buried them early with the offense still needing all its tweaking.

The easy schedule allows Pop to try diffrent looks and still win games.
But, they are just smothering their opponents on defense UNTIL the offense catches up a bit.

GO SPURS GO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think spurs have a great chance in winning it this year. They're a lock it gsw can't make it

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DON'T SLEEP ON THE TIMBERWOLVES!!!

said no one ever. :sigh: