• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which was worse?

Which was worse?

• "The Butt Fumble"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "The Pats lateral disaster"

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFL tater salad

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Butt Fumble.....

Or......

The Pats lateral?

Vote and discuss.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda lean the Pats just because of how unnecessary it was in a tie game. Butt Fumble was just funny. Jets weren't all that threatening really.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the butt fumble is a great meme., and terrible outcome, but it was not a mistake decision making...

This lateral was the worst play in NFL history(perhaps with some exagerration)

also, i dont blame Myers at all, i blame stevenson... and all the blame should be put on him!!!

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lateral will live on in infamy as it should.

I'll be able to get over it as a Pats fan but not yet.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed it's important in todays game to clarify who is to blame.
The young back was trying to make a play. Funny how things are viewed these days.

i mean, he aint losing his job for it... but yes... someone is at fault for making a huge mistake... thats not just todays game... that has always been...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the butt fumble is a great meme., and terrible outcome, but it was not a mistake decision making...

also, i dont blame Myers at all, i blame stevenson... and all the blame should be put on him!!!
Stevenson's toss was unwise but at least it was an easy chuck to an open and ready guy and unlikely in itself to cause a turnover. Pretty low risk, and even if Meyers muffed it other Patriots were converging.

Meyer's throw was to nobody, and the only Patriot left if something went wrong was Mac Jones.

(And Mac lets Chandler Jones push him headfirst into the turf and fails to trip him up.)

That throw by Meyers was horrible. As soon as that ball is in the air the Raiders are far more likely to score on that play than the Patriots. That's not true of Stevenson's little toss to Meyers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevenson's toss was unwise but at least it was an easy chuck to an open and ready guy and unlikely in itself to cause a turnover. Pretty low risk, and even if Meyers muffed it other Patriots were converging.

Meyer's throw was to nobody, and the only Patriot left if something went wrong was Mac Jones.

(And Mac lets Chandler Jones push him headfirst into the turf and fails to trip him up.)

That throw by Meyers was horrible. As soon as that ball is in the air the Raiders are far more likely to score on that play than the Patriots. That's not true of Stevenson's little toss to Meyers.

sure, meyers pass was awful... but you can at least understand what he was thinking... i mean if someone laterals you the ball and you are about to get hit, you get rid of the ball, dont ya??

i can defend meyers much easier than i can defend Stevenson...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, meyers pass was awful... but you can at least understand what he was thinking... i mean if someone laterals you the ball and you are about to get hit, you get rid of the ball, dont ya??

i can defend meyers much easier than i can defend Stevenson...
This isn't sandlot football, though. "Oh, I guess we're doing laterals now!"

Meyers is supposed to understand the game situation just as well as Stevenson. He's been in the league twice as long.

Stevenson's toss to Meyers was a little foolish, but had a reasonable chance of success and not much downside; Meyers' throw was extremely foolish. What's Mac going to do even if that ball somehow gets to him? He's probably the worst athlete on the field and has nobody to lateral to.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and crazily the Pats weren't even the worst loss of the week thanks to the Colts and some may even say Cowboys...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was funny, one cost his team a game...you tell me

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts fake punt comes to mind.....
View attachment 317226
i prefer this one

One of the worst plays of all time, which has kind of skated by over the years, was the Dee Ford offsides play. The stakes could not have been higher. It was the AFC Championship game. The Patriots were down 4 points on their final drive. On a 3rd & 10 from the Chiefs 34, Tom Brady threw an interception that should have sealed the game. It was called back because Chiefs' Defensive End Dee Ford decided to line up on the wrong side of the ball. He didn't affect the play whatsoever. He just lost the game for his team because he didn't understand angles or something.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's interesting. I place all the blame on Meyers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly we forget. Meyer made the dumbest play this past weekend. Now good old Leon has got to be the dumbest ever?
Most of us will forget the Meyer fiasco but Leon's judgement may never be forgotten.

1671673741246.png