• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team is smart enough to sign Ray Rice?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose a team could use him if they wanted to promote their backup QB to the starter position. Like the Jets.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats interesting.

Why, because most 'Boys fans don't give a crap what kinda of person they sign?
I do. I can't stand the fact that Hardy is on the team. Not only that but Jones did nothing about Bryant slappin his mom, he resigned the murderer josh Bryant after he killed a team-mate. We have a thief at running back already.

I'm tired of this crap. I'd rather go 8-8 with a team of respectful players, than get behind a buncha assholes thugs who win.
I know, I know, I'm a dying breed, but hey, that's just me.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I can't stand the fact that Hardy is on the team. Not only that but Jones did nothing about Bryant slappin his mom, he resigned the murderer josh Bryant after he killed a team-mate. We have a thief at running back already.

I'm tired of this crap. I'd rather go 8-8 with a team of respectful players, than get behind a buncha assholes thugs who win.

So if you aren't already rooting against them, why would Rice change anything?

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you aren't already rooting against them, why would Rice change anything?

He would be the last straw...trust me, it is tough right now for me to cheer for them already.....

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, it's Josh Brent that killed his teammate. However, Jerry Brown Jr. new that Brent had been drinking and chose to ride in the car. Free will sometimes cost extra.

There isn't one team in the NFL that doesn't have at least one dooshbag "asshole thug" on their team.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it's Josh Brent that killed his teammate. However, Jerry Brown Jr. new that Brent had been drinking and chose to ride in the car. Free will sometimes cost extra.

There isn't one team in the NFL that doesn't have at least one dooshbag "asshole thug" on their team.

I realized that his last name was incorrect after I posted it, but didn't feel I needed to correct it for Cowboy fans. I/they knew who I was referring to.

As far as Brown knowing, and other teams having " one dooshbag " , that has nothing to do with my point.
Jones cares not one iota about the type of person he is/has signed. It's win at all costs for him, even if that means angering some, giving up on any semblance of a moral compass, or doing the right thing.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized that his last name was incorrect after I posted it, but didn't feel I needed to correct it for Cowboy fans. I/they knew who I was referring to.

As far as Brown knowing, and other teams having " one dooshbag " , that has nothing to do with my point.
Jones cares not one iota about the type of person he is/has signed. It's win at all costs for him, even if that means angering some, giving up on any semblance of a moral compass, or doing the right thing.

It's a business and competition and people deserve second chances.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's an entertainment business.

If you hate all the members of a cast for a movie, chances are you aren't going to enjoy the show.

Dallas can get away with signing nothing but complete morons because they have such a huge base to work from. A lot of teams would see noticeable drop off in fans and (more importantly) sponsors if they put together as many unlikable misfits on their team as the Cowboys have right now.

The Cowboys are the new Bengals in terms of having a team full of problem players.

Most jobs that pay 7 figures a year don't come with 2nd chances. The NFL is an exception.

Reactions: gb2

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as business, I get it, but that doesn't give anyone a blanket excuse. 2cd chances depend on the situation. We don't know what went on behind his mansion walls with her already. I think it's telling he slugged her in the elevator, not in the hallway.
But, even without the baggage, do you think Rice is THE missing piece to the Cowboys to the Super Bowl?.....no, no way.
Rice would just be a distraction, and I believe hurt their chances, not help.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were you super pissed when Jones fired Tom Landry and Tex Schramm? I have a feeling that your hatred for Jones dates back to this.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can still play imo. He'll definitely get a shot with a team, especially if a RB gets hurt.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to sign Rice. If he couldn't get a vet min. contract to go through training camp, he's done.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you super pissed when Jones fired Tom Landry and Tex Schramm? I have a feeling that your hatred for Jones dates back to this.

Actually no, not really pissed.
He went about it the wrong way but it was time. I wish Landry had just retired. Jones obviously did the right thing, cuz the Boys wouldn't have had thos S.PB wins without Johnson, no matter what Jones says.

Btw, I don't hate anyone, Jones included. I just am tired of the bullcrap with these players that the owners perpetuate. They get rewarded with huge contracts in spite of their actions. I don't think I am alone on this anymore. There seems to be a ground swell of animosity towards players today, as evidenced by the daily posts on these very threads.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sean Payton took care of that this offseason for the saints.