• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team is smart enough to sign Ray Rice?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you believe these clowns?

I can understand actually.

They are Raven's fans and have seen what the guy can do during his career. Dude was a STUD.

I have always said the last person you want to ask the opinion in regards to a player or a team is a fan of the team. Too biased. But I say that because I'm biased too when it comes to my team and the players that have entertained me for years.

I will probably being saying that Adrian Peterson can rush for 2000 yards this coming season if you put him behind a good OL even after he has been retired for 5 years.

....and I KNOW you will be saying good things about Brady even after he gets too old to play the game. ; )

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claims victory looks dumb in the process.... it must be a NE thing.

I can't figure out if it's an act or if he seriously has no clue. I'm starting to think it's the former. I mean...it has to be...right???

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out if it's an act or if he seriously has no clue. I'm starting to think it's the former. I mean...it has to be...right???

He spikes the football alot...acts like hes never been there... i think we know why. *snickers

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand actually.

They are Raven's fans and have seen what the guy can do during his career. Dude was a STUD.

I have always said the person the last person you want to ask the opinion in regards to a player or a team is a fan of the team. Too biased. But I say that because I'm biased too when it comes to my team and the players that have entertained me for years.

I will probably being saying that Adrian Peterson can rush for 2000 yards this coming season if you put him behind a good OL even after he has been retired for 5 years.

....and I KNOW you will be saying good things about Brady even after he gets too old to play the game. ; )

Yes...we are Ravens' fans and we understand (more than anyone else) what the factors were during his 2013 season.

I asked this question earlier, but you are a great person to ask again. How bad was the publicity with Adrian Peterson hitting the field again?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh we talking football again?

in which case I agree. We agree! Step in here kid we gonna do big things...(Puts arm around shoulder)
I don't think you can say the negative PR hit will be minimal. For the first couple days he is signed the entire local news will talk about nothing else about the team that signs him other than his incident and show video clips of the event again.

Will sponsors walk out? Probably not. Will there be huge protests? Probably not. But there will be negative PR. Is that the type of PR you want your team to have at this point in the offseason where everything and anything about the NFL team's PR is nothing but positive?

IMO if a team was going to sign him, they would have done it before camp and let the media storm die down before they even opened camp. At this point in the game IMO it is too late.

The fact that he hasn't been signed up to this point proves NFL GM's think like a lot of us here that he doesn't have anything left in the tank. If he looked like a capable NFL RB during his last season, he would be on an NFL team right now.

I consider a couple weeks of local advocacy protests, news stations and ESPN minimal. Compared to the recent 7 month circus currently ongoing. (I know they are 100% different, not trying to compare them). If he has anything in the tank certain teams will take a flyer on him. Especially as injuries continue to mount.

I would've ventured to guess that the Pats may have tried signing him "IF" they didn't already have so much bad PR.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
homefield advantage at foxboro :pound::lol:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...we are Ravens' fans and we understand (more than anyone else) what the factors were during his 2013 season.

I asked this question earlier, but you are a great person to ask again. How bad was the publicity with Adrian Peterson hitting the field again?

Wasn't that bad but remember Adrian was coming home to a fan base that had dealt with the story for an entire year already.

Any new team that signs Rice will get hit with a barrage of PR that is all new to them. It would be closer to what the PR was like in the first couple weeks of the Peterson incident (or the initial Rice incident) to them than it will be what it was like when Peterson showed up back at camp. Obviously it won't be THAT bad for the new team but it is still going to be somewhat bad.

And I can understand you thinking your opinion on Rice is more solid that non-Raven fans on the Rice subject, but often times a bad performance is TOO easily explained away by fans of the player. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the skills are still there and it was just an off year. And maybe you are right....or maybe he really is just a sub 4 yard a carry guy that has lost his quickness and speed with all the abuse he has taken over the years. Normally I would say, we shall see....but in Rice's case I don't think that is going to be the case. IMO GM's decided during the offseason that he looked too bad in his final season and that it was too likely he would look like that again that he wasn't worth the PR. And now that the PR hit would happen weeks before the season starts rather than months, I think it lessons the chance that Rice will be given another shot.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that bad but remember Adrian was coming home to a fan base that had dealt with the story for an entire year already.

Any new team that signs Rice will get hit with a barrage of PR that is all new to them. It would be closer to what the PR was like in the first couple weeks of the Peterson incident (or the initial Rice incident) to them than it will be what it was like when Peterson showed up back at camp. Obviously it won't be THAT bad for the new team but it is still going to be somewhat bad.

And I can understand you thinking your opinion on Rice is more solid that non-Raven fans on the Rice subject, but often times a bad performance is TOO easily explained away by fans of the player. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the skills are still there and it was just an off year. And maybe you are right....or maybe he really is just a sub 4 yard a carry guy that has lost his quickness and speed with all the abuse he has taken over the years. Normally I would say, we shall see....but in Rice's case I don't think that is going to be the case. IMO GM's decided during the offseason that he looked too bad in his final season and that it was too likely he would look like that again that he wasn't worth the PR. And now that the PR hit would happen weeks before the season starts rather than months, I think it lessons the chance that Rice will be given another shot.
"why would a new teams fans react differently than the vikings fans?"

-guys who know how to block from madden

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand this line of thinking if Rice was coming back to the Ravens. As it is, I don't care how he does for another team. I had a rooting interest in Rice when he was on the Ravens. I no longer have a rooting interest in him. It's just my opinion that while he is obviously on the downside of his career, he is not done just yet.

We disagree on his chances of being signed, but there's certainly no use in debating opinions.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider a couple weeks of local advocacy protests, news stations and ESPN minimal. Compared to the recent 7 month circus currently ongoing. (I know they are 100% different, not trying to compare them). If he has anything in the tank certain teams will take a flyer on him. Especially as injuries continue to mount.

I would've ventured to guess that the Pats may have tried signing him "IF" they didn't already have so much bad PR.

Next big event injury and a team will take a chance and I would not be surprised if he does really well. Unjust hope the team isn't in the AFCN.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread but my guess if a team in contention loses a back their on the phone with Rice. I don't expect anyone to sign him until week two has passed, that way his contract is not guaranteed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore has signed him before and who really thinks that 5'8" midget is going to have a good season again?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore has signed him before and who really thinks that 5'8" midget is going to have a good season again?

Are you saying you think the Ravens will sign him? No chance. There are quite a few people that think Rice can help an NFL team this year. Obviously you aren't one of them and I can understand why you think that.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would Ravens' fans understand MORE than anyone else? Were they getting top secret info that us more knowledgeable fans weren't getting?

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that a-hole Jerrah Jones don't sign him, cuz as a Cowboys fan, I would hate to cheer against them every game.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that a-hole Jerrah Jones don't sign him, cuz as a Cowboys fan, I would hate to cheer against them every game.

I mean that amazing current stable of backs Dallas has who needs him right?