• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which RBs FF value went up/down the most with the 2024 free agent frenzy?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry is my biggest winner, by far. There will be no true competition from Mitchell/Hill. Less time where he's watching from the sideline because his team is 10 points or more behind - which I NEVER understood, removing your best player from the field when you need more offensive production just baffles me, especially when the dude is a plus blocker, and catches check down passes just as good as anyone else. Back on track - anyways, I don't see that situation happening nearly as often in Baltimore as it did in TENN
I don't think Baltimore will give their RBs more carries than they usually do, even with Henry there. In 2022 Henry had more carries than all Baltimore RBs combined, despite missing a game.

I bet he doesn't get 250 carries even if he plays every game. I think he'll do a lot with those carries, and maybe get a little uptick in receptions, but I don't think in the end it will be very different from an FF points-per-game perspective than if he stayed in Tennessee. #5-#12 ppg RB either way.

(Might blow the doors off in January - Harbaugh is smart - but that won't do us much good here.)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Baltimore will give their RBs more carries than they usually do, even with Henry there. In 2022 Henry had more carries than all Baltimore RBs combined, despite missing a game.

I bet he doesn't get 250 carries even if he plays every game. I think he'll do a lot with those carries, and maybe get a little uptick in receptions, but I don't think in the end it will be very different from an FF points-per-game perspective than if he stayed in Tennessee. #5-#12 ppg RB either way.

(Might blow the doors off in January - Harbaugh is smart - but that won't do us much good here.)
More? No probably not, but the vast majority to one instead of spread across 4 dudes? Highly likely. And in 2022, Drake 109, Dobbins 92, Gus 87, Hill 49, Davis 8 = 345 Lamar 112. Henry 349.. barely more, but more. I'd say combined the Ravens RB's missed 17 games, and Drake wasn't on the team for 5 on top of that.. rather skewed days sample to select.

However, in the 'what have you done lately' category...last year..
Gus 198
Hill 84
Mitchell 47
MGIII 26
Dobbins 8

Total 363 plus Lamar's 148
Henry 280

Even if he just gets what Gus, MGIII and Dobbins left behind, relegate Hill to mostly passing downs.. he's right at the volume he had last year. Maybe add in 25-30 of Lamars to get him back down closer to 100.. perfectly reasonable expectation to approach 300 carries.. and they SHOULD be higher efficiency than the 280 he had in Tenn with a better line, better system. And he was second leading rusher with that mess.

Volume might not increase, much if at all.. yardage and scores.. and this..FPS , I have no doubt will increase

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More? No probably not, but the vast majority to one instead of spread across 4 dudes? Highly likely. And in 2022, Drake 109, Dobbins 92, Gus 87, Hill 49, Davis 8 = 345 Lamar 112. Henry 349.. barely more, but more. I'd say combined the Ravens RB's missed 17 games, and Drake wasn't on the team for 5 on top of that.. rather skewed days sample to select.

However, in the 'what have you done lately' category...last year..
Gus 198
Hill 84
Mitchell 47
MGIII 26
Dobbins 8

Total 363 plus Lamar's 148
Henry 280

Even if he just gets what Gus, MGIII and Dobbins left behind, relegate Hill to mostly passing downs.. he's right at the volume he had last year. Maybe add in 25-30 of Lamars to get him back down closer to 100.. perfectly reasonable expectation to approach 300 carries.. and they SHOULD be higher efficiency than the 280 he had in Tenn with a better line, better system. And he was second leading rusher with that mess.

Volume might not increase, much if at all.. yardage and scores.. and this..FPS , I have no doubt will increase
Looks like we only disagree on volume, because we both think he'll be more effective with what he gets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford sucks. That's why they went and got Hines for 3rd downs. His 4 YPC were built on like 6 runs where he broke a 50 yard gain. Nice that he has that speed but it means his other 12 carries a game were for like 22 yards
Now Foreman. They have no faith in Ford lol

@Stakesarehigh

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has the better season?

a) Derrick Henry
b) Gus Edwards

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even a question. Only way Henry doesn't destroy Gus is via injuries
The last time OC Greg Roman coached with Harbaugh, Frank Gore had 266 touches. (Carlos Hyde added another 95 touches.)

Last year on the Ravens, Gus had 210 touches.
Meanwhile King Henry had 308 touches on the Titans.

Think Gus' touches go up.
Henry's touches are gonna dip.
With almost 100 more touches, only 391 yards separated them.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time OC Greg Roman coached with Harbaugh, Frank Gore had 266 touches. (Carlos Hyde added another 95 touches.)

Yeah, when i bought a Ferrari I still just drove the speed limit everywhere I went, so I completely understand why the ravens wouldn't change a thing now that they have Henry

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gus ain't Gore, and Herbert ain't Alex Smith. Chargers line ain't the Ravens line, and even if they were, there's no threat of the QB keeping and running for anyone to worry about, nor currently anyone on the outside to worry about.

And if you wanna disregard all of that..Harbaugh still has a 'Harb-on' for his Michigan boy Blake Corum... who I fully expect to end up a as Charger and be given ample touches

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus ain't Gore, and Herbert ain't Alex Smith. Chargers line ain't the Ravens line, and even if they were, there's no threat of the QB keeping and running for anyone to worry about, nor currently anyone on the outside to worry about.
I realize you arent talking about Henry, but i think youre forgetting about the reigning (selfish) league MVP and his knack for doing whatever he wants. No way he lets a RB have more importance on offense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if you wanna disregard all of that..Harbaugh still has a 'Harb-on' for his Michigan boy Blake Corum... who I fully expect to end up a as Charger and be given ample touches
Hard to gauge Corum’s future.

He won’t have as good of a line almost no matter where he goes. (Which is crazy to say). And he isn’t a physical force or a burner. Could be a three down back depending on circumstances. His hands are much better than his receiving numbers indicate. And he’s a solid pass blocker despite his small stature. His balance might be his best asset as a runner.

Imo he could be a solid piece in a solid committee.

Of course, if he goes to the Chargers, he should prolly be the first RB off the board. Cuz not many rookies are ever going to have the confidence from their coach that he would have from Harbaugh.

Edwards, next year, might be the guy Jimbo really wants. He’s athletic as hell.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From @Shanemansj13

Gus Bus >>> King Henry

Come Like It GIF by UFC

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize you arent talking about Henry, but i think youre forgetting about the reigning (selfish) league MVP and his knack for doing whatever he wants. No way he lets a RB have more importance on offense.
Lamar is a winner.

I think he’d be fine with no carries if it meant fourth quarter leads.

Never have understood the lack of respect he gets on these boards. Nobody has started their career with a higher winning percentage.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to gauge Corum’s future.

He won’t have as good of a line almost no matter where he goes. (Which is crazy to say). And he isn’t a physical force or a burner. Could be a three down back depending on circumstances. His hands are much better than his receiving numbers indicate. And he’s a solid pass blocker despite his small stature. His balance might be his best asset as a runner.

Imo he could be a solid piece in a solid committee.

Of course, if he goes to the Chargers, he should prolly be the first RB off the board. Cuz not many rookies are ever going to have the confidence from their coach that he would have from Harbaugh.

Edwards, next year, might be the guy Jimbo really wants. He’s athletic as hell.
Oh I ain't saying Corum is gonna be all that, if anything, but I do think he's gonna get every chance, and just assuming that Harbaugh will be the guy to give it to him.

Personally, I've got Corum like #5 RB this class, in a class that is just blah at best

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think at this point, Lamar will take whatever helps him become a super bowl winner. 2 MVP's is nice, but been there done that, he wants that next massive deal, he'll need a ring. Without it, not so sure any team will make that sort of commitment. He's proven to be a great video game type QB, but he needs to prove he can get to, and won, a superbowl to take that next step. Even if he is truly selfish, that's still the goal to cement your legacy. Certainly a selfish QB won't want to be in the Jim Kelly category of after thoughts when people discuss all time greats