• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which OLB gets the boot?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well if this tweet has any merit to it, consider this thread moot:

@timkawakami

My own view, after talking to several sources: Aldon Smith hasn't only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won't play for them in '14

...And consider the 49ers' chances at competing for a SB this year moot too. Might as well cut Gore & trade Crabtree if this is the case. Think 2015 & a home Super Bowl.

The 49ers minus Aldon Smith = just another team.

wouldn't go as far as "just another team", but no doubt a huge loss. guess if I was the NFL, I'd be thinking firm punishment too.

Bowman is scheduled to return 'halfway', but we don't know till he gets there? then even when he returns, there would surely be some transition time for him? he can't just step right in and automatically continue where he left off.

we fans will just have to accept the D won't be 'elite'.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
wouldn't go as far as "just another team",.

I'll put it this way: without Aldon, I'd put the Niners in the class of the Eagles, Saints, Packers, Broncos, Cardinals, Colts, Steelers, Bengals & Panthers, and the Patriots & Seahawks would easily be better than 'em IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll put it this way: without Aldon, I'd put the Niners in the class of the Eagles, Saints, Packers, Broncos, Cardinals, Colts, Steelers, Bengals & Panthers, and the Patriots & Seahawks would easily be better than 'em IMO.

ok, since we don't have Aldon AND Bowman, i'll agree we're top 10 and not top 5. since you listed nine other teams, i'll accept we're in this pack. we're in this pack while both are out of play, cause there is no way to make up the production of TWO All-Pros.

so our offense will just have to score more TD's, vice FG's.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if this tweet has any merit to it, consider this thread moot:

@timkawakami

My own view, after talking to several sources: Aldon Smith hasn't only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won't play for them in '14

Isn't this tweet from when Timmie thought we wouldn't extend Aldon and he called for his release?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Isn't this tweet from when Timmie thought we wouldn't extend Aldon and he called for his release?

I don't pay much attention to what sports-media people report unless they're absolutely unreliable or have the dumbest takes ever (think Cohn), and I haven't paid much attention to this guy. But apparently he's 0 for 3 this offseason and losing credibility.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

That tweet is old and it's before the 9ers exercised his option which in effect completely made the tweet wrong.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay much attention to what sports-media people report unless they're absolutely unreliable or have the dumbest takes ever (think Cohn), and I haven't paid much attention to this guy. But apparently he's 0 for 3 this offseason and losing credibility.

I would put Timmie in that category with Cohn. My least favorite beat writers are Cohn Sr. & Jr. Timmie and Williamson.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am with Supreme on this one. I won't even read any of the Cohn articles Kawakami is not as bad but I don't like him and Williamson is just incompetent. I don't think I have seen any meat to any of Williamson's articles.

I do like Maiocco and Borrows