• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where's Rmilla?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually TT the Falcons played substantially better on the road than at home for the first half of the season at least. While their only home loss was the last home game of the year resting their starters they had numerous close calls early in the year vs some pretty bad teams ( Carolina, Oakland, Arizona). The last half of the season they did play much better at home though until the aforementioned Tampa game but I dont really count that since they didnt do much of anything to compete in that one. In their 3 games at home vs decent competition ( Denver, NYG, Seattle) the Falcons are scoring 30.3 ppg and allowing 16.3 ppg. Team seems to play up to its competition ( or down to it ) so that is good I guess, in this instance anyway :)

I don't follow the Falcons closely but I am surprised to hear that because I remember hearing that Ryan had some incredible type winning record at home. Was I mistaken?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the Falcons closely but I am surprised to hear that because I remember hearing that Ryan had some incredible type winning record at home. Was I mistaken?

No the record is great ( 53-7 over the last 5 years). This year they went 7-1 at home with the loss coming after they had the 1 seed secured and rested starters. However the levl of play at home wasnt that great the first half of the year ( 2 pt win over Carolina, 6 pt wins over Oakland, Denver and Arizona). Picked it up recently though.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt say we lost to teams with beter records. We had bad draws. As in having to go on the road in 2 of the 3 games despite having BETTER records. Part of that is our own fault for not winning the divison but it still sucked :) Also in all 3 of those instances we were playing teams that had to win their last 2,3,4 games to make the playoffs while Atlanta in all instances already had playoff berths locked up at least one week in advance.

Ahhh,,, okay, so the Falcons lost their previous three playoff appearances and nearly lost this last appearance due to a poorly designed playoff format, and ill-conceived playoff rules which allowed the Falcons into the playoffs in the first place. I mean, it does make sense. After all, you can't lose a playoff game if you are not in the playoffs - right? - Do I have that correct?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh,,, okay, so the Falcons lost their previous three playoff appearances and nearly lost this last appearance due to a poorly designed playoff format, and ill-conceived playoff rules which allowed the Falcons into the playoffs in the first place. I mean, it does make sense. After all, you can't lose a playoff game if you are not in the playoffs - right? - Do I have that correct?

No they lost to hottter teams. Happens all the time. Especially when you have to play road games. Happens almost every year. It is what it is and anyone who watched last weeks game knows Atlanta was the better team so I make no apologies for Pete Carroll being an idiot. LOL.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they lost to hottter teams. Happens all the time. Especially when you have to play road games. Happens almost every year. It is what it is and anyone who watched last weeks game knows Atlanta was the better team so I make no apologies for Pete Carroll being an idiot. LOL.

I guess by "anyone" you mean "not national analysts, writers, or comentators."

sheesh. :lame:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess by "anyone" you mean "not national analysts, writers, or comentators."

sheesh. :lame:

LOL at all that. So people that picked Seattle to win said they were better even after they got dominated for 3/4 of the game??? OK. Listen if you watched the game you know Atlanta could have won by 20 if they hadnt inexplicably started playing not to lose in the 4th quarter. 60% of Seattles offensive stats came against the prevent. Stupid move by Smith but I am hopeful he learned from it and wont do it this week when we are ahead by 20 in the 4th :clap:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at all that. So people that picked Seattle to win said they were better even after they got dominated for 3/4 of the game??? OK. Listen if you watched the game you know Atlanta could have won by 20 if they hadnt inexplicably started playing not to lose in the 4th quarter. 60% of Seattles offensive stats came against the prevent. Stupid move by Smith but I am hopeful he learned from it and wont do it this week when we are ahead by 20 in the 4th :clap:

So, if I got it right: they could have won by more if they had played better?

got it.

:lame::lame:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if I got it right: they could have won by more if they had played better?

got it.

:lame::lame:

No they would have won by more if they had continued with the game plan that let them lead 2/3 of the game by double digits. If you are trying to tell me a team that trailed by 10+ for 70% of the game, led for 29 seconds of a 60 minute game and gained more than half their yards against the prevent defense is the "better" team then you are beyond help brother. It was an ass whooping turned WAYYY too close because of a bad coaching decision. I am sure it wont happen again. People learn from their mistakes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shoot, it must be disappointing when the Niners are the hotter team right now. Just bad timing, at least that will make you feel better if you lose. Having said that, hotter teams do cool off sometimes and teams are not always consistently hot, so we'll see. It's not a guaranteed victory for the Niners. Nothing is at that point. Just to note, it didn't make me feel any better that the Giants were the hotter team last year. It just makes me mad that we weren't a little bit hotter, by not fumbling the punts or converting a few more third downs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt say we lost to teams with beter records. We had bad draws. As in having to go on the road in 2 of the 3 games despite having BETTER records. Part of that is our own fault for not winning the divison but it still sucked :) Also in all 3 of those instances we were playing teams that had to win their last 2,3,4 games to make the playoffs while Atlanta in all instances already had playoff berths locked up at least one week in advance.

To me, if they can't get up for the playoffs, that is a reflection of their team. If having secured their spot made them complacent or less hot, then they weren't the better team. Just because a team needed to win 2, 3, 4 more games, doesn't mean thy were a worse team that got hot. They still needed to win the games and did and they can't control their schedule. If the Falcons are the hotter team and beat us this Sunday, that'll be no consolation. I'll congratulate them, though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot, it must be disappointing when the Niners are the hotter team right now. Just bad timing, at least that will make you feel better if you lose. Having said that, hotter teams do cool off sometimes and teams are not always consistently hot, so we'll see. It's not a guaranteed victory for the Niners. Nothing is at that point. Just to note, it didn't make me feel any better that the Giants were the hotter team last year. It just makes me mad that we weren't a little bit hotter, by not fumbling the punts or converting a few more third downs.

Eh Id say both teams are about the same level. This is one of the rare recent instances where the 1 and 2 seed both make the conference title game. And of course hot teams sometimes cool off ( ie Seattle last week :) ), but to pretend the NFL playoffs isnt in large part how your team is playing recently is foolish. What other sport let the 10th,11th,12th best team in the league win titles all the time. I mean we are 1 Santonio Holmes catch away from 3 of the last 4 SB champs being a combined 28-20 in the regular season. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if they can't get up for the playoffs, that is a reflection of their team. If having secured their spot made them complacent or less hot, then they weren't the better team. Just because a team needed to win 2, 3, 4 more games, doesn't mean thy were a worse team that got hot. They still needed to win the games and did and they can't control their schedule. If the Falcons are the hotter team and beat us this Sunday, that'll be no consolation. I'll congratulate them, though.

I dont think this week will have anything to do with who is hotter. Both teams have had playoff berths secured for over a month. I get what you are trying to imply but you cant honestly tell me that you think its mere coincidence that more than half the SB winners over the last decade have been wild card teams in the last decade. Teams that have been in "playoff mode" for a longer time have an inherent advantage in one and done situations. Thats common sense. Same reason wild card teams do well in baseball as well, they have generally been in survival mode for longer than division champs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think this week will have anything to do with who is hotter. Both teams have had playoff berths secured for over a month. I get what you are trying to imply but you cant honestly tell me that you think its mere coincidence that more than half the SB winners over the last decade have been wild card teams in the last decade. Teams that have been in "playoff mode" for a longer time have an inherent advantage in one and done situations. Thats common sense. Same reason wild card teams do well in baseball as well, they have generally been in survival mode for longer than division champs.

Yeah, it happens, and it may be a cause for it, but it doesn't mean that I don't blame the team for losing when they aren't in survival mode in the one and done playoffs. Everyone's backs are to the wall in the playoffs. I understand that you say the wildcard teams have been doing it for awhile by the time they get to the playoffs, but even their first win in the streak to the playoffs came at a time where they hadn't been winning prior. If teams cannot replicate that, then they may not actually be the better team. I am a little old school in believing those who win it aren't lucky or just hotter, they are the better team. Better teams play better and are thus hotter and therefore it's a bit circular-referencing or self-defined. They played like it when their backs are to the wall. If Atlanta has been losing because the other team was in survival mode and they weren't, that's their problem. Again, these hot teams had to have a first win in survival mode to start off the streak, so it isn't that you can't get hot when you're cold or shouldn't be criticized when you cannot.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they would have won by more if they had continued with the game plan that let them lead 2/3 of the game by double digits. If you are trying to tell me a team that trailed by 10+ for 70% of the game, led for 29 seconds of a 60 minute game and gained more than half their yards against the prevent defense is the "better" team then you are beyond help brother. It was an ass whooping turned WAYYY too close because of a bad coaching decision. I am sure it wont happen again. People learn from their mistakes.

So, if the team had been better, the game wouldn't have been close? Which team mad these "bad coaching decisions?"

Further, how do you explain that the Coons are #32 in the NFL in rushing yards given up to opposing QBs?

Bad coaching?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the team had been better, the game wouldn't have been close? Which team mad these "bad coaching decisions?"

Further, how do you explain that the Coons are #32 in the NFL in rushing yards given up to opposing QBs?

Bad coaching?

Probably because they played Cam Newton 2 times, Michael Vick and RG3 one time would be my guess??? LOL. Not like there are alot of rushing Qb's in the league.

Not sure where you are going with the bolded part. The game wasnt close. It was a fucking destruction until Smith turned retard. I guess you can hang your hopes on that happening again??? If Atlanta turns it over a bunch and our coach turns chickenshit again then you may only lose by 2. Congrats on that!!!!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because they played Cam Newton 2 times, Michael Vick and RG3 one time would be my guess??? LOL. Not like there are alot of rushing Qb's in the league.

Not sure where you are going with the bolded part. The game wasnt close. It was a fucking destruction until Smith turned retard. I guess you can hang your hopes on that happening again??? If Atlanta turns it over a bunch and our coach turns chickenshit again then you may only lose by 2. Congrats on that!!!!

Huh...I seem to recall it this way:

Seattle Seahawks vs. Atlanta Falcons - Box Score - January 13, 2013 - ESPN

How many suns are there in your world?

So you're predicting a Falcon blowout then, I guess.

:what:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I do not expect Atlanta to play a Prevent Defense at all this week...