• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where's Rmilla?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair its too early to tell if CK's inexperience will hurt you guys. Winning a home game vs a TERRIBLE defense in GB is not the same as winning a road or neutral site playoff game vs a team with an NFL capable defense. Thats why I picked SF in a blowout before the game. Now this week however you guys are in trouble :) I try not to get to up after 1 game on someone or too low either (which is why I didnt bury Kaep after the Seattle game)

It wasn't an issue of just experience but also that of leadership as well - According to you, we were making a grave mistake to switch to Kap because he lacked BOTH when compared to Smith.

Can we now end the Smith vs Kaepernick debate or do you still think we made the wrong decision?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't an issue of just experience but also that of leadership as well - According to you, we were making a grave mistake to switch to Kap because he lacked BOTH when compared to Smith.

Can we now end the Smith vs Kaepernick debate or do you still think we made the wrong decision?

Never said it was the wrong decision for sure B ( you know that), just that I wasnt sure why the move was made at all. I think we can end the debate because you guys have advanced as far as you did last year so anything extra is gravy. I will say I am less worried about the SF matchup than I was the Seattle game but we will see. As witnessed by the Baltimore-Denver game anything can happen.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has a better defense than GB, a better run game than GB ( when they want to use it), is better at skill positions overall and better on special teams. I think playing indoors helps Kaep though and Atlanta has struggled against the run on D although the last few games they have been much better. I think Atlanta will probably win since its at home but just like most games its going to come down to turnovers. If the Niners can force 3+ turnovers then you guys have a great shot at winning. 2 or less and Ill take the Falcons. Prediction??? 31-24 Atlanta.

The Niners match up extremely well with Atlanta, in my opinion. I worry about Atlanta's offensive weaponry but am not sold on Ryan's ability to get the ball to them against a tough defense or their ablity to stop what has now become a very versatile 49er offense. It will be fun I'm sure.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe man but without pressure I doubt it. No one has really shut the WR's down all year without getting to Ryan. You guys are going to need 3+ sacks and a whole bunch more pressure IMO. Of course part of the problem with that is you really need to do it with your front 4 because if you have to resort to blitzing and leaving a bunch of one on one matchups it will get ugly. Jones and White are some tough mothers ( White especially) and no one in the league can guard Gonzalez.

Well the niners hardly ever blitz. It is 3 and 4 man rush 95% of the time. Heck against Green Bay we hardly even played our starting NT. I like our matchup. We do a good job covering big WRs. Ryan makes some bad decisions and your coach almost coast you the game. I think this is niners game to lose.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it was the wrong decision for sure B ( you know that), just that I wasnt sure why the move was made at all. I think we can end the debate because you guys have advanced as far as you did last year so anything extra is gravy. I will say I am less worried about the SF matchup than I was the Seattle game but we will see. As witnessed by the Baltimore-Denver game anything can happen.

If you are going to continue to worship at the altar of the NFL then I certainly hope for your sake that you can one day develop the skills necessary to see with your eyes whether or not a player has the goods regardless of his experience, his stats or how far he advances in the playoffs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners match up extremely well with Atlanta, in my opinion. I worry about Atlanta's offensive weaponry but am not sold on Ryan's ability to get the ball to them against a tough defense or their ablity to stop what has now become a very versatile 49er offense. It will be fun I'm sure.

The only way you are going to hold Atlanta to under 27+ points is by getting alot of pressure. That is doable however because the Falcons Oline is just OK IMO. That said there are very few passes in a game where Ryan holds the ball longer than 3 seconds or so so its tough to hit him alot. You guys need to take advantage of the 5-10 times per game where the Falcons run some deeper patterns and get to Ryan and hit him. If you dont get pressure you simply cant stop Atlanta, no has been able to. I think this game will be around a 55-60 total so not sure what the O/U is but Id bet its less than that.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the niners hardly ever blitz. It is 3 and 4 man rush 95% of the time. Heck against Green Bay we hardly even played our starting NT. I like our matchup. We do a good job covering big WRs. Ryan makes some bad decisions and your coach almost cost you the game. I think this is niners game to lose.

This!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the niners hardly ever blitz. It is 3 and 4 man rush 95% of the time. Heck against Green Bay we hardly even played our starting NT. I like our matchup. We do a good job covering big WRs. Ryan makes some bad decisions and your coach almost coast you the game. I think this is niners game to lose.

Agreed. I think the outcome will depend more on what the 49ers do or don't do than anything the Falcons do. They are the weakest 13 and 3 team I can remember.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to continue to worship at the altar of the NFL then I certainly hope for your sake that you can one day develop the skills necessary to see with your eyes whether or not a player has the goods regardless of his experience, his stats or how far he advances in the playoffs.

B I never said Kaep wasnt good, I never said he didnt have more potential than Smith. Never said that. I simply questioned why a SB caliber team would go to a guy that had no experience and no proven leadership. Since you are in the NFC title game now ( just like last year) then the move is fine. However if CK goes out on Sunday and lays an egg then this will all come back up again. You know it and so does everyone else. Doesnt mean it is right, just the way it is. ( and how far a QB makes it in the playoffs is 100% the ONLY way they are graded)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B I never said Kaep wasnt good, I never said he didnt have more potential than Smith. Never said that. I simply questioned why a SB caliber team would go to a guy that had no experience and no proven leadership. Since you are in the NFC title game now ( just like last year) then the move is fine. However if CK goes out on Sunday and lays an egg then this will all come back up again. You know it and so does everyone else. Doesnt mean it is right, just the way it is. ( and how far a QB makes it in the playoffs is 100% the ONLY way they are graded)

What had Brady or Favre done before their coaches put them in instead of "proven vets" like Bledsoe or Majikowski? Sometimes an injury opens the door to a guy who didn't seem ready yet, but once the real bullets started flying he proved his mettle.

CK has a long long way to go before he gets to join the previous statement, but so far so good. There is no question about his leadership and it is now his offense. Right now he has his foot in the door, if he takes the 49ers to the Super Bowl he gets to peek his head in the door. If they win, he gets to slam it open.

Put your ego aside for a second; Holmgren, Billicheck, and Harbaugh are all NFL coaches for a reason and they know a thing or two about what makes a winning QB

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe man but without pressure I doubt it. No one has really shut the WR's down all year without getting to Ryan. You guys are going to need 3+ sacks and a whole bunch more pressure IMO. Of course part of the problem with that is you really need to do it with your front 4 because if you have to resort to blitzing and leaving a bunch of one on one matchups it will get ugly. Jones and White are some tough mothers ( White especially) and no one in the league can guard Gonzalez.

Patrick Willis?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only way you are going to hold Atlanta to under 27+ points is by getting alot of pressure. That is doable however because the Falcons Oline is just OK IMO. That said there are very few passes in a game where Ryan holds the ball longer than 3 seconds or so so its tough to hit him alot. You guys need to take advantage of the 5-10 times per game where the Falcons run some deeper patterns and get to Ryan and hit him. If you dont get pressure you simply cant stop Atlanta, no has been able to. I think this game will be around a 55-60 total so not sure what the O/U is but Id bet its less than that.

our D is as good if not better than Seattles. yeah, if they held them to 30, i'd think we could too? maybe we force one more field goal than TD? maybe force two FGs vice TDs?

our offense can score 30 points.

granted, beating Green Bay is now giving fans much confidence, and raising expectations. but i see a very close game, 'close' meaning similar to Seattle's score (3 or less). except we win with a better D.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our D is as good if not better than Seattles. yeah, if they held them to 30, i'd think we could too? maybe we force one more field goal than TD? maybe force two FGs vice TDs?

our offense can score 30 points.

granted, beating Green Bay is now giving fans much confidence, and raising expectations. but i see a very close game, 'close' meaning similar to Seattle's score (3 or less). except we win with a better D.

Clearly not as much confidence as falling into the NFC Championship game backwards. The way that guy is talking you would think it was the Falcons who steamrolled the Packers and it was the 49ers who got lucky that the opposing coach called a time out when the kicker had a miss in him.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has a better defense than GB, a better run game than GB ( when they want to use it), is better at skill positions overall and better on special teams. I think playing indoors helps Kaep though and Atlanta has struggled against the run on D although the last few games they have been much better. I think Atlanta will probably win since its at home but just like most games its going to come down to turnovers. If the Niners can force 3+ turnovers then you guys have a great shot at winning. 2 or less and Ill take the Falcons. Prediction??? 31-24 Atlanta.

If we have 3+ turnovers the game is going to be an out of control embarrassment for Atlanta. In that hypothetical, SF wins 41-14. I'll still take SF in the area of 30-20.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B I never said Kaep wasnt good, I never said he didnt have more potential than Smith. Never said that. I simply questioned why a SB caliber team would go to a guy that had no experience and no proven leadership.

Precisely! You are making my point. Why do you think myself and many others here DID NOT question the move? As I said, you lack the skills to recognize intangibles - you know, those things you claim are worthless and only QB's like Tim Tebow has.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly not as much confidence as falling into the NFC Championship game backwards. The way that guy is talking you would think it was the Falcons who steamrolled the Packers and it was the 49ers who got lucky that the opposing coach called a time out when the kicker had a miss in him.

Eh the game was a total mismatch until the Falcons pulled back too early. Could have been 41-14 if they hadnt inexplicably went into prevent mode in the 4th quarter. I am simply a guy who has seen all the " experts" tell me how bad the Falcons are ( despite being 14-3) LOL. Im sure everyone will pick SF just like most of them picked Seattle or the Giants before that or the Broncos before that. Whatev :) Its funny at this point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely! You are making my point. Why do you think myself and many others here DID NOT question the move? As I said, you lack the skills to recognize intangibles - you know, those things you claim are worthless and only QB's like Tim Tebow has.

B you cant speak on intangibles when the guy had played 2 or 3 games. That was MY point. CK ahs talent and maybe intangibles?? Who knows? After 8 games you cant really tell.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh the game was a total mismatch until the Falcons pulled back too early. Could have been 41-14 if they hadnt inexplicably went into prevent mode in the 4th quarter. I am simply a guy who has seen all the " experts" tell me how bad the Falcons are ( despite being 14-3) LOL. Im sure everyone will pick SF just like most of them picked Seattle or the Giants before that or the Broncos before that. Whatev :) Its funny at this point.

If it could have been 41-14, it WOULD have been 41-14. It wasn't 41-14 because the Falcons were not good enough on THAT day against THAT team to make it 41-14 - Quit with the sophomoric excuses. If your team is really as good as you think or hope they are then they shouldn't need excuses.