• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where's Rmilla?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way you are going to hold Atlanta to under 27+ points is by getting alot of pressure. That is doable however because the Falcons Oline is just OK IMO. That said there are very few passes in a game where Ryan holds the ball longer than 3 seconds or so so its tough to hit him alot. You guys need to take advantage of the 5-10 times per game where the Falcons run some deeper patterns and get to Ryan and hit him. If you dont get pressure you simply cant stop Atlanta, no has been able to. I think this game will be around a 55-60 total so not sure what the O/U is but Id bet its less than that.

To be fair, you played literally nobody all season long with the exception of Denver in week 2. Nobody else on your schedule was a playoff caliber team, and you didn't face a top-10 scoring defense (except Denver) until you played Seattle minus their starting RDE. Here's the rankings of total and scoring defenses that Atlanta played:

KC - 20/25
Denver - 2/4
San Diego - 9/16
Carolina - 10/18
Washington - 28/22
Oakland - 18/28
Dallas - 15/29
New Orleans - 32/31
Arizona - 12/17
TB - 29/23
New Orleans - 32/31
Carolina - 10/18
New York - 31/12
Detroit - 13/27
TB - 29/23

I think you're greatly underestimating SF's defense. I see this being a very long day for Ryan and your WR's. Gonzalez doesn't scare me at all.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B you cant speak on intangibles when the guy had played 2 or 3 games. That was MY point. CK ahs talent and maybe intangibles?? Who knows? After 8 games you cant really tell.

Correction - YOU can't speak to them because YOU don't know what they are or how to recognize them - If you did know what they are you would have NEVER said they are worthless and claimed only QB's like Tim Tebow have them.

Like many others here on OUR forum, I do know what they are and how to recognize them; which, again, is why myself and many others DID NOT question the move to Kap.

Please, go learn something about athletes and sports, specifically football. This conversation is over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, you played literally nobody all season long with the exception of Denver in week 2. Nobody else on your schedule was a playoff caliber team, and you didn't face a top-10 scoring defense (except Denver) until you played Seattle minus their starting RDE. Here's the rankings of total and scoring defenses that Atlanta played:

KC - 20/25
Denver - 2/4
San Diego - 9/16
Carolina - 10/18
Washington - 28/22
Oakland - 18/28
Dallas - 15/29
New Orleans - 32/31
Arizona - 12/17
TB - 29/23
New Orleans - 32/31
Carolina - 10/18
New York - 31/12
Detroit - 13/27
TB - 29/23

I think you're greatly underestimating SF's defense. I see this being a very long day for Ryan and your WR's. Gonzalez doesn't scare me at all.

Doh! LMAO!! Somebody is getting owned! LOL!!

It is amazing how this guy thinks he knows our team better than we do??

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Atlanta played a great schedule. They didnt. However they went 14-3 and are unbeaten vs the playoff teams they did play ( 3-0 ), SF has played the better schedule for sure.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id put the Niners D on the same level as the Seahawks. You guys are slightly better vs the run and not as good vs the pass. Atlanta dropped 30 on Seattle and it could have easily been more. It will be more of the same vs you guys. Not saying Atlanta is going to win but there is no chance you hold us to less than 27+ unless you force 3+ turnovers. Your secondary is OK CB's are average, safeties are pretty solid. If you dont get a good pass rush and force some TO's then you are going to need to score 31+ vs a top 10 defense. While Atlanta may not have played alot of top 10 scoring defenses they did play 7 games vs top 10 scoring offenses and allowed 18 ppg in those games. Im glad you guys think its a "good" matchup for you but you will be playing the best set of skill position players you have played all year, a defense that gives up 18 ppg and a team that is 14-3 and unbeaten vs playoff teams... Oh and that has lost 7 games in 5 years at home... LOL. Sounds like a GREAT matchup.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id put the Niners D on the same level as the Seahawks. You guys are slightly better vs the run and not as good vs the pass. Atlanta dropped 30 on Seattle and it could have easily been more. It will be more of the same vs you guys. Not saying Atlanta is going to win but there is no chance you hold us to less than 27+ unless you force 3+ turnovers. Your secondary is OK CB's are average, safeties are pretty solid. If you dont get a good pass rush and force some TO's then you are going to need to score 31+ vs a top 10 defense. While Atlanta may not have played alot of top 10 scoring defenses they did play 7 games vs top 10 scoring offenses and allowed 18 ppg in those games. Im glad you guys think its a "good" matchup for you but you will be playing the best set of skill position players you have played all year, a defense that gives up 18 ppg and a team that is 14-3 and unbeaten vs playoff teams... Oh and that has lost 7 games in 5 years at home... LOL. Sounds like a GREAT matchup.

Two of those losses were in the playoffs. I hope you show up next week after all of your predictions fail to pan out.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Atlanta played a great schedule. They didnt. However they went 14-3 and are unbeaten vs the playoff teams they did play ( 3-0 ), SF has played the better schedule for sure.

No, you said that nobody has been able to stop their offense. That's kind of like saying nobody can match up with Duke and then referencing their non-con and preseason schedules.

We'll see on Sunday. My guess is you're going to be in utter disbelief at the result of the game.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love that rmilla has been here downplaying keap since he started, now our teams get to meet in the NFC championship, and he has a goot chance of booting them. :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love that rmilla has been here downplaying keap since he started, now our teams get to meet in the NFC championship, and he has a goot chance of booting them. :suds:

Not downplaying CK. Just not sure why the switch was made at the time. Ironically at the time I said that if Atlanta played SF in the palyoffs Id be way happier to face Kaep at Atlanta than Smith. Not sure I feel that way now anymore but I certainly am not as scared of SF as I would be alot of other teams and most of that is due to their inexperience at QB.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not downplaying CK. Just not sure why the switch was made at the time. Ironically at the time I said that if Atlanta played SF in the palyoffs Id be way happier to face Kaep at Atlanta than Smith. Not sure I feel that way now anymore but I certainly am not as scared of SF as I would be alot of other teams and most of that is due to their inexperience at QB.

So how then do you feel about your own QB whom has much experience but has used most of it to choke away playoff opportunities? Serious question, how do you reconcile that truth?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how then do you feel about your own QB whom has much experience but has used most of it to choke away playoff opportunities? Serious question, how do you reconcile that truth?

:pop2:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question man. I have been disappointed in Ryans playoff results moreso than his performance really. He played well against Zona and GB for the most part his first 2 playoffs. Last year was a stinker but part of me reconciles it with the fact that Atlanta has had some bad draws really. All 3 of their prior playoff opponents reached the SB with 2 of them winning and another that should have won. Sometimes the draw is just bad for you especially when you consider that in 2 of the 3 years the Falcons had to go on the road to play teams that they had better records than. I by no means am satisfied with Ryans playoff results but it is what it is at this point. If he makes a SB this year it will all be forgotten.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question man. I have been disappointed in Ryans playoff results moreso than his performance really. He played well against Zona and GB for the most part his first 2 playoffs. Last year was a stinker but part of me reconciles it with the fact that Atlanta has had some bad draws really.

All 3 of their prior playoff opponents reached the SB with 2 of them winning and another that should have won. Sometimes the draw is just bad for you especially when you consider that in 2 of the 3 years the Falcons had to go on the road to play teams that they had better records than. I by no means am satisfied with Ryans playoff results but it is what it is at this point. If he makes a SB this year it will all be forgotten.

Seeding? Let's examine:

In 2008, you were 11-5 and the #5 seed. You traveled to Arizona and lost to an inferior 9-7 Cardinals team - Ryan threw two picks and played 15 QBr points below his season average.

In 2010, you were 13-3, the #1 seed and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. You guys lost at home to the 6th seed, 10-6 Packers. Ryan again threw two picks and played 22 QBr points below his season average.

In 2011, you were 10-6 and the #5 seed. You traveled to the 9-7 Giants and scored only 2 points against a team that won fewer games at home than on the road. Ryan threw 0 INT's but played 21 QBr points below his season average.

So I'm not sure where you are getting the lost to teams with better records as all four teams you have played in the playoffs had worse records than you guys.

Regardless, I don't think you lost due to seeding at all, looking at your overall playoff performances in '08, '10 & '11, I would say you guys had/have a QB and HC problem.

Maybe you broke the jinx yesterday.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not sure where you are getting the lost to teams with better records as all four teams you have played in the playoffs had worse records than you guys.

I think he means they played on the road twice despite having the better record. Don't like it? Then, win your division, I guess. There was that one time where they had the first seed, though - so that was at home with a better record, too - and they lost. They were a lame timeout away from losing again this year, but "almost" isn't a loss just like "almost" isn't a win (us last year) - so credit for this year's win.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he means they played on the road twice despite having the better record. Don't like it? Then, win your division, I guess. There was that one time where they had the first seed, though - so that was at home with a better record, too - and they lost. They were a lame timeout away from losing again this year, but "almost" isn't a loss just like "almost" isn't a win (us last year) - so credit for this year's win.

Ohhh, okay then - thanks. Yeah, the Falcons just haven't been a very good playoff team in their last four attempts - even winning yesterday as you noted was anything but a solid victory.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just so I understand, a team that averaged 26.2 points per game this season is virtually guaranteed to score 27 against the #2 scoring defense in the league?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeding? Let's examine:

In 2008, you were 11-5 and the #5 seed. You traveled to Arizona and lost to an inferior 9-7 Cardinals team - Ryan threw two picks and played 15 QBr points below his season average.

In 2010, you were 13-3, the #1 seed and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. You guys lost at home to the 6th seed, 10-6 Packers. Ryan again threw two picks and played 22 QBr points below his season average.

In 2011, you were 10-6 and the #5 seed. You traveled to the 9-7 Giants and scored only 2 points against a team that won fewer games at home than on the road. Ryan threw 0 INT's but played 21 QBr points below his season average.

Regardless, I don't think you lost due to seeding at all, looking at your overall playoff performances in '08, '10 & '11, I would say you guys had/have a QB and HC problem.

Maybe you broke the jinx yesterday.

Didnt say we lost to teams with beter records. We had bad draws. As in having to go on the road in 2 of the 3 games despite having BETTER records. Part of that is our own fault for not winning the divison but it still sucked :) Also in all 3 of those instances we were playing teams that had to win their last 2,3,4 games to make the playoffs while Atlanta in all instances already had playoff berths locked up at least one week in advance.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I understand, a team that averaged 26.2 points per game this season is virtually guaranteed to score 27 against the #2 scoring defense in the league?

I think a more fair question would be to ask how many points the Falcons averaged at home since they appear to be a much better team there and that is where this game will be played.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a more fair question would be to ask how many points the Falcons averaged at home since they appear to be a much better team there and that is where this game will be played.

Actually TT the Falcons played substantially better on the road than at home for the first half of the season at least. While their only home loss was the last home game of the year resting their starters they had numerous close calls early in the year vs some pretty bad teams ( Carolina, Oakland, Arizona). The last half of the season they did play much better at home though until the aforementioned Tampa game but I dont really count that since they didnt do much of anything to compete in that one. In their 3 games at home vs decent competition ( Denver, NYG, Seattle) the Falcons are scoring 30.3 ppg and allowing 16.3 ppg. Team seems to play up to its competition ( or down to it ) so that is good I guess, in this instance anyway :)