• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Vince Wilfork end up?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one ever accused Robert Kraft of being fair or loyal, did they? :lame: Ask the man to re-do his deal, then cut his ass. Nice.
...lol,.......like the other 31 teams haven't been all busine$$ and "cruel".....?!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays in AFC, he's going to Denver or Miami. Denver because they have cap space, perfectly fits their system and they are known for taking Patriots Players (Welker, Talib). Miami because they have a lot of cap space, are looking for a DT, and putting him next to Wake is dangerous. Also, they actually could get Wilfork AND Suh and use them together. Very scary. Even if Wilfork has declined.
.....he might just retire,......I doubt anybody's going to "over-pay" for him,....and he'll unlikely take a veteran minimum just to keep playing,.......and he has young kids in school in mass., so I doubt he'll uproot for chump-change.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how New England won't pay anyone. Even the guy who's been there forever. A star. Most teams like players like that to retire with the team. Not NE, nope they force ppl out and screw them over. They've been doing it for years.

Well...until this past season letting guys go while they still had thread on the tires was not really yielding anything but picks...they finally got back to the promised land though.

Not a bad model to be honest. Better than hanging on too long like the Steelers have done recently.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see the Broncos being interested. It looks more and more like they are going to let Knighton test FA and he will be out of their price range. Wilfork would be a cheaper option and honestly could be a better fit as Knighton has only shined in one system and that is with Del Rio. Wilfork has actually played the 3-4 defense like what the Broncos are wanting to go to and gives the Broncos a year or two to find a more permanent solution to the NT issue.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking next year, or beyond that? Because at some point he'll probably end up on an operating table getting triple by-pass surgery.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how New England won't pay anyone. Even the guy who's been there forever. A star. Most teams like players like that to retire with the team. Not NE, nope they force ppl out and screw them over. They've been doing it for years.

Yeah that's reflected in Wilfork's farewell note...

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's reflected in Wilfork's farewell note...

It reflects well on Wilfork, not on NE. He deserves better and I like many others who got out of there he'll realize that when he gets on a new team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to disagree with your POV.
This was a business decision, in the same fashion it was Wilforks decision to sign a contract that will probably end up forcing him out as his production no longer warrants the expense of his contract.
When a FO determines that a player is no longer worth the expense, but can still produce at a level the FO is happy with it makes sense to me that the 1st move is to try a restructure to keep the player on the team. I heard NE did just that.
It is the players right to tell the team to pound sand regarding a pay cut. If that happens, then the GM shouldtry to trade the player for ANYTHING. Even a 7th if that is all they can get.
If no one thinks the player is worth his current contract, then no one would trade for him and the team has to make a decision that is in the best interest of the team and that usually means the player gets cut.
When a player and his agent leverage a contract that becomes too expensive, expect cuts to happen.
NE did not screw over VW. He was paid handsomely while on their roster.
It is just business...as usual.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy? Yes please.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They "screwed him" into 2 Superbowl rings and Millions of dollars.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to realize this is a two-way street when it comes to contracts. Players all the time hold out for bigger contracts so not like players always show the most loyalty to an organization either. Look at Suh right now looking for the biggest defensive contract in the NFL even though he isn't the best defensive player in the NFL right now. So if players have the right to go out and get the biggest contract they can find then I would think teams have the right to make the right business decisions about players as well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to realize this is a two-way street when it comes to contracts. Players all the time hold out for bigger contracts so not like players always show the most loyalty to an organization either. Look at Suh right now looking for the biggest defensive contract in the NFL even though he isn't the best defensive player in the NFL right now. So if players have the right to go out and get the biggest contract they can find then I would think teams have the right to make the right business decisions about players as well.
Good logic. Good post.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for the colts to pay a lot on a safety named mccorty
Indy? Yes please.
rather have that safety . if they get both put up 70 on that bitches !lmao

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Wilfork will come out with the Patriots cheat schemes if he has any integrity. Mangini, Flutie, and Wilfork and the rest will come out, it's only a matter of time.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE, Giants or retire for Vince. He is not leaving NE to move his family for a couple of yr, they like it here and his wife likes it, she seems to run that house.. If he wants to be close to his family, then I doubt he is going to Denver or Mia. You all think he should make more than DD did in SF? I don't think so. He was an 8.9m cap hit....come on.

As for them doing him wrong?? I don't get this. Every team in the league cuts ageing vets with high caps numbers, and your all cool with that. NE does this and they are dirty POS who screw their players...Last time I checked 75 made some serious coin while in NE. Guy made more in one game than I did in a year....please, spare me the "NE did him wrong" talk.....

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When players are breaking down the doors and taking pay cuts of what their worth to play for the Patriots they can pretty much set the pay scale at whatever they want.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reflects well on Wilfork, not on NE. He deserves better and I like many others who got out of there he'll realize that when he gets on a new team.

It does but I think it was genuine and does reflects the positives of playing for the Pats that some have experienced.

Wilfork was great in so many way but he was hit by the Elephant in the room called Revis. Until that gets resolved one way or another Wilfork won't be the only Patriot feeling some pain.